It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's going on in Copernicus crater?

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by undo
reply to post by wmd_2008

... these images are hinting at civilization up there, and it's being with held, then naturally i'm not gonna
be thrilled about that. who would be? it's an interesting subject, regardless.

It's an "interesting" subject, all right, but also utterly absurd. Reason being that the Chinese, Japanese, Europeans and Russians are sending probes up there and the moon as been imaged in all kinds of resolution already - so tell me how such a global conspiracy would work with "withholding" such brisant information by ANY country?

Let alone the question why withhold it in the first place? NASA could need that money for new missions if there would be "skulls" and stuff on the moon (or other planets)...don't you think that ZILLIONS of $$$ would flow after such an important discovery?

Let alone that (even we assume that there WOULD be a cover-up)...sooner or later it would come out, maybe in a few decades when private companies start space travel and image the moon.

That whole theory simply doesn't make any sense to begin with.
edit on 18-12-2011 by flexy123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by flexy123

i agree, it's ludicrous, but there appears to be something there, none the less. only thing i can think is that the leaders of these nations (or rather, the people who are in charge of their top secret projects) share this information between them with provisos that they benefit each other and not share the information with the rest of the planet. i can't prove that, and frankly, don't want to because the whole concept is depressing. but you have to admit, elitists are extremely good at convincing themselves that they are priviledged to withhold data because they are genetically superior, intellectually, and as a result, the rest of the herd, will just have to bite the bullet and stay in the dark.
edit on 18-12-2011 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Terraced craters are common on the Moon and on other planets in our solar system it is a studied natural occurrence.

Terraced Craters: Aitken Crater

This crater has an unusual floor for its size. An impact crater of this size typically has a simple bowl shape, yet this example displays terraces and hummocks. The terraces give us insight into the impact material. A bolide that impacts a solid surface covered by loose material, for example mare covered by regolith, will use less of its energy to break up the loose material than solid material. The "excess" energy goes into excavating more material thus making for a larger diameter. Thus we see terrace at the boundary between the regolith and underlying more coherent material. The fact that the crater has no bright rays indicates that it is old - its rays have weathered into the background.

Impact craters

www.lpi.usra.edu...

More Moon terraced craters:

During the excavation stage of crater formation, complex craters experience uplift of the central portion of the crater. This results in one of the most distinctive features of complex craters, their central peaks. But while the uplift creates a central peak, it also causes collapse of the crater rim. This collapse occurs along faults that form as large blocks of rock start to slump inward, increasing the final diameter of the crater. Amazingly, most of this process is finished minutes after the impact!

source: www.lroc.asu.edu.../archives/451-Maunders-Terrace.html

Terraced craters are prevalent in the solar system

Golubkina is a terraced crater on Venus.

Golubkina is characterized by terraced inner walls and a central peak, typical of large impact craters on the Earth, Moon and Mars. The terraced inner walls form at late stages in the formation of an impact crater, due to collapse of the initial cavity formed by the meteorite impact. The central peak forms due to rebound of the inner crater floor.[1]

source: en.wikipedia.org...

A Mission inside Gusev, a terraced crater on Mars.

I told you that there were deep points inside Gusev where water could have ponded for longer after the end of the flooding. These places are, of course, very interesting for exobiology because chemical evolution takes a lot of time. One of the deep areas is particularly intriguing -- an ancient 20 km impact crater inside Gusev. It is located 50 km northeast of the Ma'adim Vallis outlet and displays exciting terraces and...shorelines!

source: cmex.ihmc.us...

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by dcmb1409

speaking of regolith, someone, earlier in the thread asked why they would have dust covered stone buildings or some such, claiming this was a primitive construct and therefore not evidence of modern habitation, but every document on human habitation of the moon explicitly points out the requirement for regolith covered structures due to ........was it neutrino bombardment? anyway, the idea that the buildings, if they were there, were primitive because they appeared to be dust covered rocks, is kinda jumping the gun. dust yes (deliberately so, if true). primitive/rocks, not so sure about that.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

You might be thinking of something along these lines? (Talking 2 to 5 meters or so, underground, for radiation protection):

Architecture as Mole Hills -- (Lunarpedia)

Or, a paper written on Lunar Regolith Shielding concepts. For thermal and meteorite protections as well.

Basically, deeper you can go (within reason) the better. Burrowing, or finding natural caverns and voids. Of course, a collapse would be a danger, unless properly surveyed and constructed.

Then there is still that very difficult matter of life support technology........

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   
i will share one of my more favorite moon pics. it's not evidence of artificiality, i just think it's
odd. it's from the dark side, and is from the color version of the clementine images. (armap and i had many debates on the subject of the color clementine images). i thought they did a good job coloring this particular area, as it is rather pretty considering.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
reply to post by papajake

This is the best I can get, for "Bone Yard A1" and "Bone Yard A2".

ArMap, thank you so much for your time. Of course I wish the resolution was better but those are still amazing images. I'll take a closer look in the morning. Can you tell me where you got them or will you have to kill me if you do?

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   

i will share one of my more favorite moon pics.

Undo, that is a freaky image! What is that? They look like tubes. Lava tubes? And can I be the first to say I see a face? I don't usually see faces in these images but that one is staring right at me. See it? I need some sleep.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by papajake

i will share one of my more favorite moon pics.

Undo, that is a freaky image! What is that? They look like tubes. Lava tubes? And can I be the first to say I see a face? I don't usually see faces in these images but that one is staring right at me. See it? I need some sleep.

yeah pretty blue lava tubes.
here's the place to see clementine images in color

map-a-planet

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 02:25 AM
link   

reply to post by DJW001

i know what you're trying to say, but that's not what i'm seeing.
what i'm seeing are clearly defined straight lines that aren't scan lines, some of which are not
punctuated because of the presence of rims, such as the graded area you chose to leave out of the
image, which just happens to be the most pronounced and obvious of them all. as a result, i really
am having a hard time taking you seriously and think perhaps you're just trolling for fun.

Nature can make straight lines and that picture is NOT sharp, I wonder how straight the lines will be when we see an LRO pic of that area.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Some members realized that the image I used for showing the artwork was a rotated view of Copernicus.

Although some members accepted the smaller view as being a form of artwork, no member would commit to acxtually saying that they could definitely see the figures and faces in the picture or the animation. These particular features cannot be denied. It would seem that the landscape in Copernicus crater has been very cleverly sculpted to produce the figures and facial representations showing in the images, but for what purpose?

Could it possibly be that at some stage in time there was a mass exodus from Mars and some of the space travellers landed on the moon whilst others travelled on to this planet? A migrating civilization always take their art and cultural identity with them. It is known from previous research that similar artworks can be observed on Mars. Also, could the civilization that sculpted these works of art in the lunar landscape in some way be related to our ancient ancestors?

The animation below shows a slightly larger image with different features highlighted. You may notice that some of the features appear to change relative to the distance of the observation point from the surface.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

Ant data to support your claims as you asked from others or do we just have to simply accept your claims and conjectures as fact since it appears that you think all responses are directed at you only and you respond constantly with biased opinions based on unproven belief.

Still waiting on your data. You asked me for data and got it, all I get is "well it might be this or that"

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by papajake
Can you tell me where you got them or will you have to kill me if you do?
I can tell you, it was here, along with more photos from Lunar Orbiter. The one I used was the "2162_H3.tif [416.33 MB]" image. The "LO2Frame162H3.tif [2.20 GB]" at the end of the list doesn't have a better resolution and is a "raw" version, although it has the advantage of having each strip in a different file inside the TIFF (they open as independent layers on Photoshop).

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

If you can tell the location of that area or the file where you got it from I can try to look at the CUB files, now that I have that possibility.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   
If you are a skeptic who doesn't believe there are structures on the moon, take a look at this view.

Image: lo2_h162

Direct view. i985.photobucket.com...

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Closeups with color of the crane that we found in both views... Hint #5 is about 50% smaller scale than #1-4 and is rotated 90 degrees to get the same alignment

Copernicus #2

Copernicus #5

it's clearly not a crane.

it's a giraffe.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by arianna

If you are a skeptic who doesn't believe there are structures on the moon, take a look at this view.

Still see no "structures".

Or is that photo supposed to confirm and validate the thoughts of a "skeptic who doesn't believe there are structures on the moon"?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

reply to post by draknoir2

Uh oh
The moon zoo has another escapee! Grab the tranquilizers!
edit on 12/19/2011 by Chamberf=6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by draknoir2

Originally posted by zorgon

Closeups with color of the crane that we found in both views... Hint #5 is about 50% smaller scale than #1-4 and is rotated 90 degrees to get the same alignment

Copernicus #2

Copernicus #5

it's clearly not a crane.

it's a giraffe.

It's neither of them, what the heck would "they" need a crane up there for? If it is a piece of equipment it is this:

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Just a question.

To the skeptics: are there satalite images of naturally occurring representations of faces and buildings here on earth that match these images?

To the moon freaks: are there satellite images of buildings and other man-made structures on earth that are not easily identified that give the appearance of "just rocks"?

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by ZetaRediculian

To the skeptics: are there satalite images of naturally occurring representations of faces and buildings here on earth that match these images?

Who needs satellites?

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join