It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rod Blagojevich's Judge recommends low-security prison in Colorado

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
www.examiner.com...

U.S. District Judge James Zagel in Chicago believes the Federal Correctional Institution (FCI) Englewood in Littleton, Colorado - near Denver - is where Blago should serve his 14 years. Prison Camp, as requested by Blago lawyers, was refused. Blago now doesn't have to report to prison until March 2012, giving him an extra month to sell his Chicago million-dollar home.

www.examiner.com...

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
The man has millions of dollars at his disposal and doesn't have to come to prison until March? I'm not condoning the action, but why on earth would he stick around?

With his Chicago contacts, he would surely be able to find another identity. He could always ask the President for advice...

I kid, I kid

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by freakjive

Obama will pardon him after the elections. This way, he serves less than a year.

link   
This whole thing is a joke...Rod took the rap and promised not to rat on any of Obama's criminal (many) illegalities if he,Obama, would pardon him.

The 'corrupt' Federal Justice Dept. thinks we're really eatup with the dumbass.They don't know it,but the whole world is laughing at them.

link   

Originally posted by navy_vet_stg3
reply to post by freakjive

Obama will pardon him after the elections. This way, he serves less than a year.

I had not even thought of that. Shame on me...stars for you!

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Why here in Colorado? Are there not low security prisons in the state in which he committed the crimes?

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by MaMaa

He's coming to Colorado to train Hickenlooper in the art of fraud, manipulation, and all things "Chicago". Not like Hickenlooper needs much help, but Obama wants him ready as a potential running mate next year.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Come on folks! the real reason Rod was busted was because he wasn't playing ball with the Madigans, he was actually keeping his promise not to raise taxes on the people and the other politicians didn't like that, as soon as Quin came in, taxes went up, and the pockets of certain other politicians got lined with cash.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by ChicagOpinion

One thing..... please do me a favor and do a little more research, before you refer to FCI Englewood as a low security institution, there are quite a few former, and i'm sure current residents of that institution, that would take considerable offense to your designation....

The rodster ain't gonna have an easy ride, in good ol englewood.... trust me

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Rod may be guilty of many things. Did he kill? Did he distribute crack?

He has been destroyed by the media and by the government.

What else can be done to this guy? His price has been paid. Ruined for life. He will never be a person of GRANDEUR ever again. He is totally destroyed.

Personally, I don't think there is any purpose in jailing such an individual. It costs the taxpayers money. He is destroyed exponentially.

Why bother at this point? It costs us the taxpayers money to put this guy in jail. Let him go on to making a living on real T.V.

Us humans are stupid in believing that he means anything anymore. Quit supporting his incarceration. He is done with a deep fork anyways. Let him go.

Dumb dollars going down the drain. Pity.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by ChicagOpinion

Here's what I don't understand. The news reported the night before sentencing, he would probably go to one of 3 prisons. One in Indiana, Wisconsin, or Illinois. All of a sudden he's going to Littleton, Colorado? The newscaster made sure to mention that it's just a short drive from Denver Airport. I'll have to check the distance myself, but why does he get time to buy a new house and move his wife and family out of state? Since when did prisoners really get to pick where they serve? I have more questions than answers will be given for.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 06:29 AM
link   
reply to post by FreedomLuva

And now they say he'll get some time 'shaved off' his sentence because he will likely attend some substance-addiction sessions. The substance addiction is allegedly the fact that he needed a drink before falling asleep at night due to all of his troubles. What's with that?

top topics

join