It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul and austrian economics

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Yes another thread (video report) with Ron Paul...

I know the forum is full of threads with this very intelligent republican candidate. I'm not american and generally aint interested in poletics, because it's all lies but Ron Paul appears diffrent than the mainstream poletician. Even to us "foreigners" Ron is interesting because he seams genuine, with him as president we might see influence (and hopefully changes) in the rest of the western world.

Theres mainly two reasons I find him interesting beside his consistency, those are he's approach to none-interventional military and economic's.

Ron's approach follow the Austrian economic's which preach free markets and and and less government intervention and control. The Austrian economic's is opposed to the mainstream Keynesian economics which is deeply flawed and include highrisk bankloans with failed demands to the banks liquidity, government intervention(bailouts), inflation, deflagnation, depressions in a regular "shedule".

First embeded two small teaser to show how Ron Paul got almost prophetic abilities when we talk about economics which makes it a very good idea to listen to what he is telling.

Following video shows Ron Paul explaining the current economic crisis and the reasons behind this crisis at a Town Hall Meeting, Anamosa, Iowa september 2011.

Next 20 min video is educational and focus on Austrian Economics versus Mainstream Economics with Mark Thornton presented at the Ludwig von Mises Institute in Auburn, Alabama, on 24 June 2011. I mostly embedded this one to show theres others who speak like Ron Paul when we talk about economics.

If you want to read more on austrian economics i suggest you read What is Austrian economics?

edit on 13-12-2011 by Mimir because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Mimir

I'll give paul credit were credit is due. He did predict the housing bubble to a degree.

new topics

join