It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Isn't it exciting? Paul @ 21% in Iowa & 21% in NH. Three weeks before the primaries begin.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Remember, when people decide on Ron Paul,they RARELY take that decision back.

www.publicpolicypolling.com...

There has been some major movement in the Republican Presidential race in Iowa over the last week, with what was a 9 point lead for Newt Gingrich now all the way down to a single point. Gingrich is at 22% to 21% for Paul with Mitt Romney at 16%, Michele Bachmann at 11%, Rick Perry at 9%, Rick Santorum at 8%, Jon Huntsman at 5%, and Gary Johnson at 1%.

Paul meanwhile has seen a big increase in his popularity from +14 (52/38) to +30 (61/31). There are a lot of parallels between Paul's strength in Iowa and Barack Obama's in 2008- he's doing well with new voters, young voters, and non-Republican voters:

I like the part where they draw parallels in Paul's campaign and Obama's from 2008.

Holy Crap Ron Paul @ 21% in NH? You bet your butt!

www.realclearpolitics.com...

Now imagine if Ron Paul won Iowa and had a stable ~20% to fall on in New Hampshire exactly one week later. Gingrich is splitting some of Romney's support in NH and RP could sneak in from the rear view mirror and win NH, its possible...

Another poll showing Paul @ 18% in NH
www.rasmussenreports.com... mpshire_republican_primary

Gingrich/Romney down 2points are people losing interest in the status quo?....this race is getting heated, why? freedom is popular!

The latest Rasmussen Reports statewide telephone survey of Likely Republican Primary Voters shows Romney with 33% of the vote, followed by Gingrich at 22%. Paul now picks up 18% support, his best showing in the Granite State so far. Former Utah Governor Jon Huntsman comes in fourth with 10% of the vote, with no other candidate reaching double digits. (To see survey question wording, click here.)

Support for Romney, Gingrich and Huntsman is little changed from the previous survey, but Paul has now closed the 10-point gap between him and Gingrich to just four points.

Can you guys say...perfect timing?

If you like this news and wish Ron Paul to be president, what the heck are you waiting for!

Donate to the Ron Paul Tea Party money bomb THIS FRIDAY so he can aim targeted ads in Iowa and NH to secure victory.
& Phone bank like you never phone banked before!

The movement for liberty has never been so close...for decades, lets go!

edit on 13-12-2011 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
absolutely it is my friend. Ron is doing well and i especially liked Perry's comment at the gop debate in Iowa, that when he came in all he could see was Ron Paul supporters out in the freezing cold, that says a lot right there!

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by eLPresidente

*cautiously optimistic*

It's very encouraging, I just still have too many memories of 2008 to not guard my heart closely here. However, think about this: Paul was polling at 2% before the Iowa caucuses last time 'round and got 10% in the caucuses.

Things are definitely looking pretty, we'll have to see how IA goes, how that translates to NH, and then how the momentum and fundraising picks up in the other states - I hope the campaign can get their ground games running in the following states at a FAST pace as I haven't seen too much reporting about them, given the focus on these first two.

Oh yeah - 238th ANNIVERSARY TEA PARTY MONEY BOMB AT RONPAUL2012.COM ON FRIDAY. Don't forget to tell your friends, and why don't you all also stop by...

Thanks!
edit on 12/13/2011 by Praetorius because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Hope he does well. It will be nice to see the official results, and when they come in, I truly hope it's not 1% of the vote. My wife, son and I will be caucusing for Ron Paul in Colorado.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
This is really the year the Ron Paul might actually pull it off. From what's being said in the local media, Gingrich is the front runner, but I have a hard time believing he's even a spec in the coming primaries.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I am not a Libertarian nor am I even registered as a Republican. I have never read Frederic Bastiat or Ludwig von Mises. My politics are culturally conservative and economically nationalist. Ron Paul and I disagree on a lot of issues. But I know that this is the time and this is the place to take off the gloves and sock it to ‘em (to paraphrase Richard Nixon). So how do we ‘sock it to ‘em’, how do us, the peasants coming down the hill with pitch forks, let the establishment know that we are here and no longer willing to take their crap?

Vote Ron Paul 2012

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by CosmicConsciousness
This is really the year the Ron Paul might actually pull it off. From what's being said in the local media, Gingrich is the front runner, but I have a hard time believing he's even a spec in the coming primaries.

yes the MSM talks about Newt like he's a god but the people who vote know all too well the likes of him this time around.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Praetorius

I'm cautious as well, we don't celebrate until he is announced the winner of the general election.

I'm not sure where in Souther California I'll be come voting day but I will for damn sure be standing there with a clipboard making sure nothing fishy is going on.

Now, if only we could do something about electronic voting...

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Actually, it's like this:

Iowa:
Gingrich: 29.3
Romney: 17.2
Paul: 16.7
Perry: 10.2

You are cherry picking the PPP poll and ignoring the others, such as the Univ of Iowa, which has Paul at 11%.

New Hampshire:
Romney: 34.0
Gingrich: 24.8
Paul: 18
Huntsman: 9.5

So Romney is just about double Paul there.

South Carolina:
Gingrich: 41
Romney: 21.7
Perry: 8.0
Paul: 6.3

Here Paul is far below his national average of 9.3%

So, I guess if that makes you excited, rock on.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Like you, I am quite excited to see the good doctor's message finally picking up some steam with the general public--this is only a good thing. At the same time, I am still a tad nervous about the Iowa Caucuses.

This is a must win for Dr. Paul. If he has any chance, any shot to shake things up and pull off one of the biggest upsets in Republican Presidential history, he must win Iowa. If he does win, he gains instant legitimacy, and his poll numbers in New Hampshire should drastically improve. While a victory in New Hampshire would be ideal, he could afford a second or strong third-place showing in NH and still come out as a one of the frontrunners. If he is unable to win, however, his chances at a NH primary victory all but evaporates, and a second or third-place showing would only act as the first few nails in his campaign's coffin.

In short, Paul must win early. Win Iowa, and you can afford to lose in New Hampshire. Lose Iowa, and the prospects at victory in New Hampshire dwindle. Basically, losing Iowa and New Hampshire would signal the beginning of the end. This very fact makes me quite nervous.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

lol and you just happened to cherry pick an Iowa poll that only sampled 277 likely republican caucus goers with 6...SIX PERCENT margin of error. No wondering you didn't post a link...

news-releases.uiowa.edu...

You can troll troll troll all you want but it doesn't make a dent.

Keep it up, we use you for target practice in the general election.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Wait. Isn't Realclearpolitics your favorite website? We are talking about IOWA. Are you sure you're looking at this:

www.realclearpolitics.com...

Iowa President
Insider Advantage
More IA Polls »

Gingrich 27
Romney 12
Paul 17
Perry 13
Bachmann 10
Santorum 7
Huntsman 4
Cain

(notice how they put Paul below Romney, even though Paul is ahead of him?)

And this:

Iowa President
PPP (D)
More IA Polls »

Gingrich 22
Romney 16
Paul 21
Perry 9
Bachmann 11
Santorum 8
Huntsman 5
Cain

(Notice how they put Paul below Romney AGAIN even tho he's only 1% behind Gingrich in that poll)

It seems YOU are overlooking the "other" polls and only looking at this one:

Iowa President
Univ. of Iowa
More IA Polls »

Gingrich 30
Romney 20
Paul 11
Perry 8
Bachmann 9
Santorum 5
Huntsman 2
Cain 4

Whatever tho, you're not biased at all.

edit on 13-12-2011 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Did you notice that Paul, Santorum, and Huntsman were all making gains? It seems the people are finally waking up to the fact that the GOP puppets are not the best vote!

link   

The debated points above one way or the other, you do make a good point - Paul supporters always need to play like we're 20% behind.

I would like to say, however, that at this time back in 2007, Mccain was sitting fourth nationally. Paul's been sitting 3rd for awhile, so I can definitely work with where we're at right now.

link   
Infernal double tap...
edit on 12/13/2011 by Praetorius because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   

I do hope I'm wrong, but I still have a feeling that Paul will not get the nomination. It's just a feeling. But it is kind of exciting. I liked Cain at first with Paul a strong second. (I know, I know...both have different opinions), but because of that I had always hoped they would join forces.

This site will see a upsurge in traffic when he doesn't win though...and the US will probably see riots when Obama doesn't win.

It's a win-lose scenario.

A win for ATS, but a lose for America.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Cautious optimism is all you'll get from me until Ron Paul is in office.

There are so many variable and obstacles, nothing is guaranteed.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   
I just watched CNN situation room with wolf blitzer and he had some commentators on talking about Ron's polling in Iowa, they were saying how it was undeniable he has the most organized and energized efforts in IA and NH but they still talk about him having a ceiling at 20% just like how they said he had a ceiling at 4-5-6-7-8-9-10-12-14-15-16-17% but they were wrong about that. Just like how they were wrong about him being unelectable, extreme, and 'fringe'.

Ron Paul may just get his media surge (which brings those 'on the fence' about Ron Paul and liked him but didn't want to vote for him because he was 'unelectable') going into the start of the primary season if he keeps pulling out strong numbers.

Now they aren't calling him extreme anymore. They're just constantly talking about him running third party, and saying how he wouldn't win but could play a large part at the national convention, being an 'upset' winner.

Yea he will upset..he will be upsetting the establishment.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
all people really need to do is watch a couple youtube videos from ron paul, and compare them to any of the others.

from then on it's obvious about what needs to be done.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Very encouraging.
Also like the poll with him winning most trustworthy by a large margin.

A newly released Washington Post-ABC News poll finds that Ron Paul is the most trusted Republican candidate amongst likely voters and has firmly cemented his position as a top tier candidate.
www.dailypaul.com...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join