It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Criminals love prison! Wouldn't you?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Low-level criminals seem to have it made in prisons today. They have access to computers, television, and all other sorts of technology. That is not what I have a problem with. What I do have a problem with it that...

... these criminals seem to be getting pampered in the jail house, while they should be singing the blues.

The other day in a local newspaper I read an article saying that prison life was way too easy. This is a female prison and these chicks were getting massages, pedicures, aromatherapy, etc. all at the taxpayers cost.

I don't disagree with allowing them to watch T.V., or visit news sites on a computer because that helps them keep in touch with the world. But AROMATHERAPY! C'mon!

I know girls outside prison who would kill for that sort of thing (no pun intended), and these jail house chicks are getting it for free.

How about this. You do a crime, and you get things that you might enjoy in the outside life taken away from you. Not given to you! This has to stop! Prison is a place for you to learn you lesson, not a day-spa!

[edit on 7-9-2004 by MacKiller]

[edit on 8-10-2004 by ZeddicusZulZorander]

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 05:54 PM
link   
speaking as a former law-enforcement officer.....i totally agree. i've seen it...meth heads come in all scabbed up, lilly white and stick thin. get to jail..met alot of old friends, get 3 meals a day..commissary privilages ( for those who don't know family and friends can put $$ on the inmates 'books' and they can buy all sorts of extremly cheap stuff..from candy to tv's to shampoo ect.)..a dry roof over thier heads.watch cable tv all day, hang out with friends. from talking to inmates...the first time is generally the worst..after that they tend to look at it as a learning experience...on what not to do to get caught...and it is not so bad. the general sentiment upon returning to jail for the 2nd or 3rd time seemed to be; this sorta sucks, but it isn't that bad. i don't have to work, i can sleep as much as i want, play handball, basketball, bulk up a bit on the weights.ect,ect.

it can cost about 70$$ aday to house, feed and keep inmates entertained. the rehab classes are mainly a joke. only those who are really motived go and alot never finish because they are not in jail long enough.
locking people up and throwing away the key is a joke (ie those in lock down..permenatly) kill 'em or put them to work.

also..alot of people in jail shoudn't be there. yes some have trumpt up charges..and alot are mentaly unstable and should be in a different type of facility.

americas answer to this seems to be to biuld more jails and throw more people in them. it doesn't work......and lessons are never learned by those in 'power'.....sorta like an inmate

new topics

join