It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nigel Farage Sticks it to the EU.. Bloody Fantastic LOL

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 03:40 AM
link   
What I fail to understand is why some feel it almost a crime to offer a chance for the people to have a say.. a stance I feel speaks more about them than it does about those who want a referendum on this topic.

In my mind a referendum would clear this angry debate up once and for all... in or out.. no pissing around, as this fence sitting helps no one.

Most of the people I know across Britain, be they left, right or neutral want out of this nasty relationship, and as the expression goes, better to be alone than in bad company..

However if the will of the people is for deeper integration then I for one would abide by that.. but it seems that sentiment, abiding by the will of the people only shows up only on one side of this debate.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 03:52 AM
link   
reply to post by thoughtsfull

Totally with you on this one. we need this sorting out by a referendum, in or out, no in betweens. Britain as a full participant of the EU or Britain goes it alone.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 04:10 AM
link   
What could you do with 50 MILLION every day ?????
Well by my reckoning thats a lota lollypops........
Thinking back i cannot come up with one thing that the EU has done which has had any benefit , i can however recall a report about a french farmer being payed to not farm his land an another getting subsidized to not produce and sell milk,remember the bse caper ??? mass burnings of british cattle,,i don't recall the actual percentage of stock infected although 23/28% rings a bell,,well germany had a figure of 48% and they were shouting the loudest at the time for All brittish cattle to be slaughtered........

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 04:20 AM
link   
I agree with alot on here...

We should have a Referendum about Britain staying within the EU or not !!

Secondly, Mr Farage has the balls to say what alot of people want to say and infront of those bureacratic non entities who think they can run a trading union but probably can run a clockwork toy.....

Finally, the Scottish guy, with the big fat round head (probably bought from stuffing his chops on expenses)... he may well wave his hand in dis-belief etc etc BUT remember ALL those in that room have a VESTED interest to keep things as they are... I mean they get paid well, obviously fed well and giving many benefits to keep them happy...... who wouldn't want to change that......apart from someone who really cares !!

Regards

Have a nice day and FECK the French PM......

PDUK

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 04:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr

Totally with you on this one. we need this sorting out by a referendum, in or out, no in betweens. Britain as a full participant of the EU or Britain goes it alone.

this debate needs to end one way or the other.. we, as a nation need a clear path to the future, and this fence sitting is not helping or healthy.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 05:47 AM
link   
I would say that reports today show that there are actually several nations not happy with this and they do not think they will be able to get it through their parliaments - Sweden, Holland, Denmark, Finland and the Czech Republic.

So Mr Farage was wrong........we have a few friends left yet!

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by thoughtsfull

Originally posted by woodwardjnr

this debate needs to end one way or the other.. we, as a nation need a clear path to the future, and this fence sitting is not helping or healthy.

Totally agree

Even though I want out, I will happily abide by majority if they want to stay in but I dont think that will happen as to many this is a heart ruling over head issue.

From my own perspective the EU has taken more than it has given.. Out of the EU we will better be able to monitor our borders, not have to pay benefits to EU citizens, migrants will have to go home freeing up british jobs for british workers, farmers can start feeding the country again, fishermen can fish, the money we give to the EU can be reinvested into infrastructure, business, public services. We would be able to kick start our economy again. And take the strain off our public services..

In my eyes staying in the EU on a sinking ship will do us more harm than good.

And from a heart perspective, after to seeing their vile attitudes and contempt to us since Friday, I also think they have short memories that British peoples bodies are littered all over brussels, france, holland et al who died to free them from the very ones they are sucking up too!

What a slap in the face!

I want NOTHING to do with them

Let the good ship Brittania sail on alone!

edit on 14-12-2011 by EvanB because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 06:14 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

Totally agree with you.............However i don't think the EU know the meaning of

democracy as when the Irish had a referendum they were coerced into having another

till the Eurocrats got the answer they wanted! Democracy my a****

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 06:23 AM
link   
The quicker they all realise that the Euro is a dead currency the better. You cant keep pilling debt on debt to try and recover, it just wont work.

Some of the comments coming out of Europe are laughable, Ex Belgian pm 'we should stop their rebate' Bit rich coming from a country that actually gets money from the EU to the tune of several billions while we pump in around 50 billion. They are no different to the playground bullies 'no you cant play with our ball'.
Another comment 'the veto is like the nuclear deterrent...you're not supposed to use it ...ffs that is what it is for

Glad to see we arent the only country now, Sweden Chekz, etc are starting to say the same as Cameron

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 06:24 AM
link   
The fact that EU politicians and bureaucrats want wage increases this year and think austerity doesn't apply to them but to every other person in Europe really tells us just what we need to know about the EU in its' current form.
The perks and the like enjoyed by these officials, for a small working week and for a minimum 6 weeks holiday a year (but usually around 6 months) is a joke - to threaten strike action if this was not increased this years just beggars belief.

I genuinely think this is a shame as an integrated Europe would be a good thing - just not economically! I have no idea how we do it but we need to return to a situation where people seeking office actually believe in representing those that elected them - rather than themselves.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 06:27 AM
link   
A referendum would probably do no good whatsoever. The public would immediately be confronted by political spin and fear mongering...and of course a lengthy debate on the precise wording of the question. On top of that if the desired result/outcome of the politicians is not reached then of course another referendum will ensue.
It should be recognised that Cameron is only protecting the banking and finance sector from a transaction tax...otherwise he would happily sign up for anything.
I am all for the UK leaving the EU but not for Cameron's reasons.
With regard to Scotland gaining independence...it is the only way forward for the scots. It is the only way that real change can be had. Independence means a local government that can be held accountable. In the short term of course they will still be left with a political party that won't deal with the real root cause of this economic downturn, but it may be easier to change things if we are not part of the UK.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 06:35 AM
link   
reply to post by midicon

Scotland will discover the troubles in store when it gains independence - bye bye to the extra £1600 a year spent on Scottish homes than on English homes (paid for by English taxpayers). And if Salmond and Co think for a second that Westminster would simply hand over the oil and gas fields -

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Not hugely into politics but this bloke is a cracker! Good on him for having the balls to chime in like he does and tell it like it really is! We need someone like that in Oz that for damn sure!

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 06:45 AM
link   
wow some of you english really hate the scots,we subsidise you,blah,blah,blah.I call bull****.maybe if you voted for someone other than the tories you too would have a government who spends tax money on the people rather than their corporate interests.oh and maybe spend your time hating the eastern european scumbags who are the real drain on u.k,whether it be tax credits,income support,d.l.a.,housing benefit,the court system or using the nhs like a kid in a sweet shop.does nobody else notice the link between the eastern block getting full travel,work rights etc. in 2004 and the u.k. becoming piss poor?the sooner we leave the e.u and send them home the better.these people with no skills coming here and working for miniumn wage cost the taxpayer far more than any alleged benefits they bring to the nation.if we leave the e.u. they would actually have to bring something to the table(like other migrants have to)instead of filling there pockets with its contents.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Where's the off topic police when you need one? Mods?

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 06:51 AM
link   
reply to post by ClanDonnachaidh

I just want to clarify that i absolutely do not hate the Scots, Irish or Welsh. I firmly believe in the Union. I just think that the Scottish independence thing sometimes loses sight of reality and, as such, needs bringing back to reality.

It is fact that Scottish homes have an extra £1600 per year of government spending - by far the majority of tax in the UK is paid by the English (as there are far more of us). If you gain independence, do you really think England will send this money up to Scotland still? The consequences would obviously be higher taxes in Scotland. Just something for you to think about.

Personally, i would grant independence. When it goes belly up in a couple of years i would then welcome Scotland back with open arms as the issue would be put to bed once and for all.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flavian
reply to post by midicon

Scotland will discover the troubles in store when it gains independence - bye bye to the extra £1600 a year spent on Scottish homes than on English homes (paid for by English taxpayers). And if Salmond and Co think for a second that Westminster would simply hand over the oil and gas fields -
1600 pounds more spent on londoners per household more like,allegedly due to the higher cost of living but I live in aberdeen the costliest city to live in behind london so why do we get less funding than the central belt of scotland and most english cities?your figure is tory propaganda,not that i want to leave the union.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Most people haven't a clue about Europe except what they pick up in the tabloid press and ideological nonsense spouted by Farage. Everytime I hear about these "crazy" european decisions I do some digging and guess what they aren't crazy. The story in the paper was half truth, half lies and a whole load of BS to appeal to the readers. You would be amazed at the number of decisions made by european committes that effect Britain that get reported as headline news in tabloids and NOBODY from Britain bothered to attend the meetings to define the rules, I mean DUH!!!

Farage appeals to the ignorant knowledge of Europe with his British Empire hat on.

On a very generic thing think about this: On any given subject if everybody goes in one direction and only one goes in the opposite direction what is 99.999% of the time the outcome? The loner is wrong.

There is a massive difference between a minority of a few and a minority of one.

Guess what every single mainstream party in Europe, left, right is pro european except Britain. Britain still thinks of itself in terms of a British Empire and we are sooooo wrong. It is time to smell the gravy. The world is changing rapidly and we are becoming less significant over time. In another 10 years we will be a tiny country of 60million competing against 4/5 power blocks making up 6000million consumers.

Oh and the "illusion" of control over your own country......really! I seem to remember a recent crisis costing us hundreds of billions, unemployment growing by 1.5 million, massive loss of cost of living and all due to decision made by an American firm dealing with American sub-prime toxic loans !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. All our "sovereign" decision making over the last 20 years has had an insignificant impact compared to that one global influence.

Wake up smell the gravy. we ARE in a global economy. We CANNOT compete on our own.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 06:59 AM
link   

That £1600 is an average rather than a specific and takes into account things like education and prescriptions, so i will admit it does skew the figures. But surely the point still stands? There would still be a huge shortfall to make up just to ensure the same standard of living, never mind an increase in the standard.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 07:02 AM
link   

It seems to me the establishment want to keep these Islands divided, the last time we acted as one we tried to kick out the Romans in what was known in Rome as the "Great Conspiracy"

However since then we have been set at each others throats all the way down to regional squabbles.. as it is the only way they can maintain power on these Isles..

However one day I hope we will find our feet and again work together

edit on 14/12/11 by thoughtsfull because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join