It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iranian Official Threatens Military Drill Sealing Off the Strait of Hormuz

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
www.foxnews.com...

A high-ranking Iranian official has said Iran's military will practice sealing off the Strait of Hormuz, the world’s most important oil transport channel, in a provocative move that illustrates Iran’s capability of disrupting the world’s oil supply. Read more: www.foxnews.com...

I am curious as to whether the United States is going to let Iran do this unchecked. So far there hasn't been any response from the United States or any other Nation, but I will keep a watch.

“Soon we will hold a military maneuver on how to close the Strait of Hormuz,” Sarvari, a member of the Iranian parliament’s National Security Committee, said in a statement reported by Reuters. “If the world wants to make the region insecure, we will make the world insecure. Read more: www.foxnews.com...

Interesting....
edit on 12/13/2011 by VeniVidi because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
The fools (the Iranians) would be playing right into the hands of the people who need just one more excuse to drop the bomb on Iran. If they think they can put that much hurt on the world market and get away with it they are sadly mistaken. First thing that would happen is Iran's only gasoline refinery would go *poof*. (They import much of their gasoline) and then they would either open the straights or discover what Saddam discovered. Don't get between the U.S.A. and it's thirst for oil. I'd be willing to wager that even Europe would help with some military measure if that were the case.

EDIT: Whoops. It appears there is already a discussion on this topic.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 12/13/2011 by dbates because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Between Iran's military Navy drill and the Chinese entertaining the Seychelles hosting a port for there Navy in the Indian Ocean I'd say this is more serious war games.

A few weeks ago I ran across an article about a pipeline being constructed to move the oil to a port off the Indian Ocean in the event the Straits of Hurmuz were closed. Now I understand its for the Chinese.

It does appear that the Russians have been busy selling remote jamming devices in the middle east.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by VeniVidi

i doubt that the chinese will be too impressed either

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Sorry, didn't know there was already a thread...
Mods please close

new topics

top topics

join