It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Dakota Uses Predator Drone to Bust Family for "Taking" 6 Cows

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   
the Brossarts, a North Dakota family deemed so dangerous that the local sheriff needed unleashed an unmanned Predator drone to help bring them in.

The Brossart's alleged crime? They wouldn't give back three cows and their calves that wandered onto their 3,000-acre farm this summer.
The same aerial vehicles used by the CIA to track down and assassinate terrorists and militants in Pakistan and Afghanistan are now being deployed by cops to spy on Americans in their own backyards.

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

Cool, so were all terrorists now, cops can unleash predator drones at will on to "anti-government familys" aka Constitutional libertarians and storm there "compound" aka farm/Homestead for being terrorists holding 6 cows that wondered on to the property, NICE.
edit on 13-12-2011 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
If it flies over your property then don't hestitate shooting it down.
If you have the means then go for it.

This is wrong, If I see that thing flying overhead then I will do everything in my power to bring it down.

edit on 13-12-2011 by OmegaOwl because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
I saw that and was like OMG What utter crap!

That's like turning a cannon on someone because they insulted you, IMO.

It ain't about the cows or they'd be flying drones here on a farm in GA and those in other places - probably including ND- that has had a lot of mutilations lately.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Wait until they start arming these drones with missles and cannons. you all know its coming.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by OmegaOwl

You can't do that - you have to be careful even aiming a green laser into the sky.
Guess we all need those fake swimming pool tarps to live under like Cheech and Chong had.

I wonder what the electronic surveillance capabilities of these things are - IE picking up sounds, close up pictures, EM patterns, ect.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Would have been cheaper and quicker for the municipality to just replace the cows.

Amazing how wasteful enforcement is and how imbalanced "justice" is regarding cost vs gain.

I suppose one could believe it's the principle of it all that makes it worthwhile but that would assume that righteousness runs wild throughout the nation and we all know that is a complete load of bull.

Now ranchers and farmers can expect EPA related land seizures at unprecedented levels.

"Our drone saw this special endangered fungus on a rotten log on your property. It's ours now."

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss
Wait until they start arming these drones with missles and cannons. you all know its coming.

Wait until the american people start arming themselves, the few that haven't already.
You know its coming.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by hadriana

You can't do that - you have to be careful even aiming a green laser into the sky.
Guess we all need those fake swimming pool tarps to live under like Cheech and Chong had.

I wonder what the electronic surveillance capabilities of these things are - IE picking up sounds, close up pictures, EM patterns, ect.

I need to make my own EMP weapon for days like this.

I dont think EMP is a deadly force???

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   

North Dakota Uses Predator Drone to Bust Family for Taking a Cow

False.
The actual issue here was (from your link)...

When cops returned to collect the lost cattle, three of Brossart's sons - Alex, Jacob and Thomas - confronted Sheriff Janke with rifles and shotguns and would not allow officers on the farm.

Be honest here. The drone was not used because of the multiple cattle, (more than "a cow", which your thread title also lies about), it was used because of the armed standoff.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
dear americans.

please make note that these measures are for your own safety.
this to make sure none of the officers are hurt when we they're busting someones ass.
this is for a better, crime-free world.
if only people would stop stealing cows, measures like this wouldn't be needed.
we wouldn't have to install a cctv camera on every single corner of every single block.
we wouldn't have to keep track of all your purchases, phonecalls, e-mails, texts etc.
we wouldn't have to excessive force.

this is all for your own good!

or is it....

edit on 13-12-2011 by kn0wh0w because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by alfa1

North Dakota Uses Predator Drone to Bust Family for Taking a Cow

False.
The actual issue here was (from your link)...

When cops returned to collect the lost cattle, three of Brossart's sons - Alex, Jacob and Thomas - confronted Sheriff Janke with rifles and shotguns and would not allow officers on the farm.

Be honest here. The drone was not used because of the multiple cattle, (more than "a cow", which your thread title also lies about), it was used because of the armed standoff.

an armed standoff that resulted over "cowS"

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Upcoming news: Old lady's house is firebombed for refusing to return ball to neighborhood kids.

This incident kind of reminds me of the Branch Davidian fiasco.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
UPDATE on the case.

LAKOTA, ND (WDAZ-TV) - Hours after finally surrendering to law enforcement and ending a months-long standoff, six members of the Brossart family appeared in court Monday.

Father Rodney and son Jacob were arrested as they were finishing up harvest in a field about a mile from their home southeast of Lakota, ND. Nelson County Sheriff Kelly Janke said that he and another deputy approached the two as they were in a tractor at about 2:45 p.m. Janke said they cornered the tractor, and ordered Rodney and Jacob to get out, but they wouldn't. Janke and the deputy had to physically remove them from the cab, but they weren't armed and the arrest went on without incident.

By 8 p.m. Monday night, Rodney's other children, Abby, Thomas and Alex all agreed to surrender at the home. Tuesday morning, at the court appearance, Rodney received the highest bail at $100,000 cash only. That was for failure to appear in court on September 12. Abby Brossart got a $2,000 surety bail for harassment and failure to appear in court on August 26.

Also failing to appear on that date, Thomas, Alex and Jacob received $5,000 surety bonds at the court appearance Tuesday. The mother of the family, Susan, was not arrested last night. She was released on bail Tuesday for providing false information to law enforcement.

Family members indicated that they would appear for court this time. Susan is set to appear in court on December 5 for a pre-trial. The rest of the family is to appear on December 30 for preliminary hearings and arraignment. The standoff was over three cow-calf pairs that wandered onto the Brossart's property in late June. According to court documents, Rodney refused to give the cattle back when served a search warrant.

update from nov 7

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss

Cattle Rustling is punishable by death. A predator drone is not significantly different than a police copter.

It is a scary sign of the times, but in this singular incident, I don't see a problem.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Busted by the Department of Farmland Security?

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   

This is wrong, If I see that thing flying overhead then I will do everything in my power to bring it down.

that's the problem in the first place. people not respecting other peoples property.

a normal reaction to a neighbour knocking on your door claiming that 3 cows wondered on their property is "sure neighbour, let me get my boots and i'll help you find them."

instead it was most likely met with "they're on my property, they're mine now so get off my land before i shoot your ****ing head off."

edit on 13-12-2011 by randomname because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
How is this any different than the cops using a helicopter to do an aerial search?
I think that it's probably cheaper to use the drone than send up a guy in a chopper.

In any case. Unless there is some sort of legal case pending. The guy who owned the cows has every right to get them back. And if the police want to use a UAV then who cares.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Lesson learned:

If some idiot lets their cows loose and they are on your land:

Crash your car into them and SUE the cows owners for letting them loose. $50,000 to replace your SUV, $100,000 for medical bills, $500,000 for pain & suffering, $400,000 for loss of income as you couldn't work, $1.6 million for your lawyer.

Get smart North Dakota.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Let's see. They had "found" the cattle and would not give them up.
Is that legal? No! Not if the rightful owners demanded the animals be returned.

Is flying over in a aircraft, drone, balloon or even a winged bicycle illegal? No!
So where is the problem except most of you want to skirt the law because....what, you encourage lawlessness if you thought you can get by with it as did this family?

My frank opinion is that to condem the use of thedrone in this manner is done mostly by those that thinking nothing--or think that they are clever and slick--of downloading pirated music.

Now, if the family had be rocketed, that would be a different situation wouldn't it?

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Ive been saying for years that the bugs and beetles were drones

Deganawidah said that the battle between the white and the red serpents opened very slowly but would then become so violent that the mountains would crack and the rivers would boil and the fish would turn up on their bellies. He said that there would be no leaves on the trees in that area. There would be no grass, and that strange bugs and beetles would crawl from the ground and attack both serpents

www.2012endofdays.org...

Deganawidah is the creator of the first known constitutional democracy which still exists today as a soveriegn state in the US and Canada...the Six Nations
He forcast the coming of the whiteman and the resulting situation in America the early 12th Century.
the red dragons are the red rothschildes banker fascistcommunist royalist fuedalists
the white dragons are the average joe patriot

the black dragons are the chinese
the no leaves are like VIET NAM agent orange

after reading the parts of this that are the past
have fun reading the parts that are the future

edit on 13-12-2011 by Danbones because: quote box

top topics

<<   2 >>

join