It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

House and Senate agree on bill to strip civil/human rights away from whomever they feel like.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Sorry if this has been posted. Seen similar stories but they looked less recent. Admin please dispose if duplicate. From my interpretation, The the veto threat is because the bill gives detaines too many rights and protections. This is too much for Obama. He wants the rights of the incarcerated to be non-existant. I already called Arron Schock(r-il) but it would seem my objections fell on deaf ears as usual.
abcnews.go.com...

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by GoldenRuled

a quick search would've yielded several threads already post on this topic.

sorry bud.

Everyone knows how horrible this is, and the fact that members of congress, the bills writers, and even members of this board have tried to downplay the severity of it is a TRAVESTY.

but yea, look to the multiple other threads...

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
yea got to love this line

White House officials said Tuesday they were reviewing the bill. It was unclear whether they would hold firm on the veto threat.
straight talk," we like what we see, therefore it will pass as law" The law, bill, act of HR1540 sec D that deals with this seems to have the same wording. here is the link that spells it out www.abovetopsecret.com... it seems the calls feel on death ears, not surprised
edit on 13-12-2011 by bekod because: editting

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Law of war should be followed, POW is a POW not some punching bag , we should be better than the ones that want to do us harm, do this mean under the current law they can water board sleep dep and other torture? Yes, and it does continue as far is I know, not that they will say or admit it but after seeing some of the post here, then yes it is happening. At one time I was for it "yes get what needs to known out of them any way shape or form" , this is not right this is SS/ VC tactics, we the US are better than this or should be will lives be lost because of no torture the argument for can be best said by this

"Imagine for an instant that you are opposed to the concept of torture and you arrest someone who is clearly implicated in the preparation of a terrorist attack. The suspect refuses to talk. You do not insist. A particularly murderous attack is launched. What will you say to the parents of the victims, to the parents of an infant, for example, mutilated by the bomb to justify the fact that you did not utilize all means to make the suspect talk?"
from a SOF article on the use of torture, it is and will be a fine line to use or cross knowing that the suspect has 100% real intel is one thing , using it to use it is an other. here is a link that has the same article www.military.com...
edit on 13-12-2011 by bekod because: added link

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by dannotz

As originally stated, this is the most recent since the bill passed congress. But hey, nothing wrong in being meticulous. When did the senate start drafting bills for congress to pass anyway? I know they pulled it with obamacare. Never really paid much attention to politics till I seen Ron Paul get cheated over state vote fraud in 08 and it was never questioned for a second by TPTB.

join