It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

College Mate: Obama Was an “Ardent” “Marxist-Leninist”

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho
reply to post by Indigo5

The issue has already been brought up in this short thread had you actually read through it.

Drew just seems to be a little foggy with his dates. Just like Obama. Prerequisite to attend Occidental I guess.

Ok...then why didn't the "issue come up" before you created an OP based on BS? Or do you not bother to actually see if your OP is based on BS or not as long as it is anti-Obama?

Just cut and paste to make a thread...worry about whetehr it is the truth later?

edit on 15-12-2011 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Algernonsmouse

Originally posted by 46ACE

Originally posted by Atzil321
Whats wrong with communism exactly? I can never understand why americans hate marxism so much. Why not take the time to read The Communist Manifesto and try to understand it? Rather than just hate on it because that's the american way......

Because it looks great on paper on campus; but somehow just never seems to turn out that way in application.

Capitalism looks great on paper too. Can you show me an example of a place where it is working?

You are standing on the shoulders of 200+years ( 10generations) (to get the opportunity to say that) where it worked for most Americans before the bankers went "apesh#t"

You know: I don't remember seeing anybody ever trying to break into east germany/hungary/n.korea or any other communist "workers paradise"... All the barbed wire/dogs and machine guns pointed IN.

.Typical: And what did my post say:

"( wait for it.... wait ..for ..it)
"but thats' not "real communism"the book smart apologists all shout back in unison .

And what happened in the thread? exactly that & the: "even two marxist can't agree on what it really means".response "Sounds like OWS..

If you try to implement it here please make sure we get the two marxists who BOTH agree with the "good intentions version" and not those other self-serving murderous a## holes' version okay?

Another thing:

I don't need to read this or that particular book or take a 400 level poli- sci course to debate the finer points of communism because it is ALWAYS implemented by armed murderous blood-spattered useful idiots(simple rabble).Who don't give a rats azz about the nuances and fine details..There's no need to debate it outside the class room..

"but;but; please I beg you comrade "'M butu'"; I will be a less valuable worker to the state if you hack off my arms with a machete"...

edit on 16-12-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
If he is actually a communist, he has a poor interpretation of communism, he seems to be a very good corporatist though...

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
And his mentor was Saul Alinsky: Obama Is In His Alinsky Mode

Keep up to date on his "Anti-American Revolution"
The Terrorist Within

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

So what if he was an "ardent" (fill in the blank) in college?

Are we all supposed to adhere strictly to the ideology we embraced at 20 years old, unquestioningly and unthinkingly until death?

That's a pretty unrealistic bar to set for your leaders.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Alinsky model is correct, all three of his mentors studied his theories on Capitalism.

edit on 16-12-2011 by Daedal because: Edit

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by vox2442
reply to post by jibeho

Are we all supposed to adhere strictly to the ideology we embraced at 20 years old, unquestioningly and unthinkingly until death?

No doubt!!! And to think...I was a Republican when I was 20ish and attending one of the most conservative state universities in the US. Now, I wouldn't expect anyone to look back at my "college records" (like records even indicate political affiliation) and declare me a Republican. In fact, they would be dead wrong. Point being....during the college years, records political ideologies mean absolutely nothing.

Honestly, the reason Obama is ragged on (in regards to his college records) has little to do with what he was thinking at the time.

Thankfully, the only people who buy propaganda, as presented in the OP, are folks who never would have voted for Obama in the first place.

In reality, this hoopla amounts to nothing less than a conservative circle-jerk....and on ATS, that circle's membership is small and well defined.
edit on 16-12-2011 by Aggie Man because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Atzil321
Whats wrong with communism exactly? I can never understand why americans hate marxism so much. Why not take the time to read The Communist Manifesto and try to understand it? Rather than just hate on it because that's the american way......

No: it's not just"the American way". Ask the Cambodians how they feel about about the kmer rouge genocide( a,.k.a. the "killing fields") and thats'not that long ago(1970's).The educated and Intellectuals were"removed"from society to bring it back to an agricultural society important for the communists

And the chinese:

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by vox2442
reply to post by jibeho

In Obama's case, he as continually aligned himself with like minded radicals in all of his years since college. Just look as his close knit cabal of radical Chicagoland Cronies. ACORN, SEIU, AFL-CIO... Even appointing radicals to cabinet positions. Van Jones, Anita Dunn, Cass Sunstein ... They are all cut from the same cloth and use the same models to chart a new course (Alinsky, Cloward/Piven etc) for this nation. Obama has made no attempt to distance himself from the extreme left whatsoever. He has not bridged the political gap or the social gap in this country. He is exacerbating the situation. He is the same person ideologically as we was in college. He just has more power to subvert Congress to get what he needs to get done. The ends justify the means you know.

Obama and his backers have succeeded in thrusting the extreme leftist notion in the mainstream on all fronts. They have spent decades ramming their goals into public policies, schools and the theater of social acceptance, and they continue to do so with spiteful rage. I'm tired of it and I'm not going to lay back and watch as the extreme left attempts to destroy this nation to create their own power vacuum.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by mastahunta
Joseph McCarthy is alive and well

When you are down and out, drag out the old Communist punching bag!

by the way history has proven Senator Joseph mcarthy was right!

Sunday, February 15, 2009
Joseph McCarthy was right after all
Joseph McCarthy said in the early 1950s that he suspected there were over 50 Soviet/ communist sympathisers in the FDR and Truman White House. He was laughed at and scorned to an early death.

The media still talks about McCarthy in a negative way.

In 1991, after the fall of the Soviet Union, the U.S. released secret documents it didn't want to release during the Cold War for fear of hurting any efforts of winning the Cold War. These secret documents were the Vinona Accords.

The Vinona Accords showed -- proved -- that not only was McCarthy right about there being 50 soviet spies working for the FDR/ Truman administrations, there was over 300 spies.

Still, you don't hear much about this outside the conservative sphere. This is just more proof of how powerful the liberal media was before the end of the Fairness Doctrine.

One can only wonder how many communist sympathizers are working in Washington in 2009. The way our government is headed, it appears there may be lot more than 300.

freadomnation.blogspot.com...

TOPICS: Conspiracy; Politics; Society
KEYWORDS: history; mccarthy; roosevelt; venona; venona intercepts

"A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and he carries his banners openly against the city. But the traitor moves among those within the gates freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears no traitor; he speaks in the accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their garments, and he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation; he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of a city; he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murderer is less to be feared. The traitor is the carrier of the plague. You have unbarred the gates of Rome to him." Cicero

www.freerepublic.com...
edit on 17-12-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-12-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Didn't need his Room mate to confirm what he professes.
But great find.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
And the myths and lies continue. John C. Drew and Obama were never roommates. They were never college mates. They weren't in college at the same time. Drew was already a graduate student at a different university by the time Obama started in college. So Drew told a big stinking LIE when he claimed he was a roommate of Obama, and part of his 'inner circle'.

Funny, how this 'ardent Marxist' forgot to join his campus' communist party. Then again at the ripe old age of 19 he seemed more interested in throwing a house party in which idiots like this John C. Drew managed to slime his way into.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

Thanks for pointing this out again! Drew knew Obama and the crowd that he hung out with. I never claimed he was a roommate of Obama's.

The evidence of Obama's relationships, hirings and affiliations and his actions as President speak louder than Drew's words. Maybe Drew is just as confused as Obama with some key facts in his past. Namely, birthdays, and birth hospitals
For years Obama said he was born in Queens Hospital only to change the story to Kapi o Lani hospital. Just a simple mistake. Happens all the time.

I remember his campaign site from 2008 also getting this minor detail wrong.

Let's just Call Obama an ardent Collectivist to throw it all under one easy title. He is what he needs to be.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join