It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus is a Hellenistic Invention

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by dontreally
reply to post by SuperiorEd

Have you studied Eastern religions and philosophies? They are incredibly similar to Middle Eastern and Greco-Egyptian theologies.

This bizarre idea you have of the truth 'migrating' from region to region, doesn't account for the Krishnaism in India, or non-theistic Buddhism in Tibet and China.

The fact of the matter is probably what all the metaphysical writers on the subject have said: there is one spiritual reality, and human beings tend to interpret it along similar lines. Thus, the archetype is what's real; not the form it takes on. Jesus is just a more anthropomorphized incarnation of a traditional archetype. The dynamic is pretty much the same everywhere.

If you want to enlighten people with a profound idea, show me something revolutionary, not a slightly different shade of the same color.

The Eastern Way is my favorite reading. I like to study ancient religion, but the Eastern thought is by far the most profound. Also being grounded in biblical scripture allows me a perspective that might be unique. I have never had a pride in theology. It may seem this way from hearing me, but this is far from the truth. I have always been open and the thought of clinging to one truth has not entered my process until recently. I have spent most of my life as a skeptical believer, never allowing myself to be locked in a mindset. Eventually, all roads lead back to the thread in the Bible. For good reason. God choose to reveal Himself to the mankind--possibly the universe--from a chosen people. This is profound. It cannot be taken away--only copied. The copies are easily seen as counterfeit.

If we do a similar study of philosophy--also a passion for me--we see more of the same. The essence of an examination of virtue reveals the same root truths found in the Bible. The Bible stands as unique to most any scripture you can find. The Dhammapada is amazing. The Discourses or Rumi are profound. The Tao Te Ching is worth every word you read. Even so, the Bible relates all and more in a kind of holographic parable on a multi-dimensional level that cannot be matched. Where the other documents say one thing at a time, the Bible says many things with impressions of truth. Under the words, there are hidden mathematics. Under the mathematics, there are hidden revelations about the future. In each story, we see a foreshadowing of future events, occuring in cycles. The entirety of the scriptures are in a Heptadic structure. The authors are unified over centuries and agree, despite never meeting in many cases. We have a good idea that Enoch is Hermes, adding many more layers to unravel the mystery. Examine it all and you see that what I wrote in this article was correct:

"The Source of Truth
The world contains many creeds and faiths, but one central truth should not be overlooked: The flow of all we know is made up of many branches from the same stream, a great river divided many times over. The raging torrent of this river may be blocked by disbelief, but the main body of the flow emanating from the source will never be confined in one place for long. Realizing the initial first cause that governs the universe is the preliminary step for navigating the stream. All scholarship throughout history is a struggle against this flowing current as it meanders its way back to the original spring of creation.

As we each make our way through this stream of education for the soul, the direction of current we follow, and the choice of branches we take, will determine our progress as we drift through our brief lives. The three teachers of choice, chance and the actions of others uniquely influence the journey of each soul. Although we do not always have control over choice, we can clearly see that chance is motivated by providence—the guiding hand of God. Providence ultimately defines all outcomes in an effort to influences choice in the direction of truth. If providence can be seen as shaping our choices by spiritual influence, then recognizing the purpose of these influences should be our primary concern in life. Purpose will be unique to each member of the human family." LINK

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

In the allegory of the gospels, Jesus represents the Hellenistic concept of "The Logos".
(állat)
link
if the original helleni were actually paeonians or today magiars/hungarians then the poor greeks have nothing to do with them ..helens..nor with the ideas lynk
edit on 13-12-2011 by nii900 because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-12-2011 by nii900 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by SuperiorEd

Thelema

Thelema and Theosophy may be based on the same 'esoteric' reality, but they focus on too entirely different worlds.

Crowley was interested in real results i.e. immediate power, whereas Theosophists were/are more interested in metaphysics than in practical magick.

Hence, at least overtly, Thelema is all about personal gain, while Theosophy presents itself as the theology which underlies all philosophies.....Minus Judaism of course

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka

In the allegory of the gospels, Jesus represents the Hellenistic concept of "The Logos".
or in an another translation the helen as concept of 'the loving-kindness' ..a dear one

Originally posted by HunkaHunkaThe allegory is written in such a way to be practical to the masses, but contains a hidden message for the initiated...

edit on 13-12-2011 by HunkaHunka because: (no reason given)

as for the contained massage hidden or not anymore as subconsciously operational ..it all became 'a hunt on dears' deer

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   
concepts
manifest
ation

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Good point.

Love your neighbor seems like a Buddhist idea, doesn't it?

Christianity is virtually the antithesis of Judaism. Is that a fair statement?

Judaism is all about exclusion and revenge. Christianity (at its best) is all about inclusion forgiveness.

Originally posted by Akragon

One question sir...

If Jesus was a creation from older systems... Show me where "love thy enemy" was used in any of those belief systems....

All other previous beliefs included war as a way to peace... not love

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by BRAVO949

From Israel, to Jewishness, to Judaism, nice to see your Jew hatred is well rounded.

Link

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Thanks.

From you that is a compliment.

I believe that the love message of Jesus the Palestinian is "the way" and the message of hate from the Talmud is "the way to hell".

Is that unreasonable?

Oh - and Israeli Apartheid is the fruit of the Talmud tree.

I will now pray for you DontReally.

From Israel, to Jewishness, to Judaism, nice to see your Jew hatred is well rounded.

Link

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
the Roman Church usurped the scriptures edited them,and inserted it's own paganism into the mix

"Christianty did not war with the other religions ,the false church of the same PTB that rules religions now,and seeks to set up a one world religion is the same now as it was then. That is the culprit in religious persecution
the hidden Satanism in NWO. Christ and Christians are not this church , the bible clearly tells us how to tell the difference.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   

And yet the Israeli elite, and the culture of Israel, suckles from the tree of Hellenism.

They despise the Talmud - Judaism, as much as you do.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Zionism seems to love the lying to, cheating of and killing of Gentiles, though.

So in you opinion is that the influence of the Talmud or the Torah?

I do accept your as an expert on Israeli Apartheid so I am truly interested in your opinion on this matter.

Even if Jesus was not a Palestinian I think he would be against the raping of Palestinian children by Israeli officials.

And yet the Israeli elite, and the culture of Israel, suckles from the tree of Hellenism.

They despise the Talmud - Judaism, as much as you do.

edit on 14-12-2011 by BRAVO949 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by DerepentLEstranger

I didn't say "the golden rule" its quite different then "love thy enemies"...

Did Jesus really say to love your enemies?

Perhaps you might read that link... Clearly this person is associated with "paulianity"... meaning a group that tends to take the word of Paul over that of Jesus...

As for Jesus condeming people to hell... Understand what hell is in bibical terms...

He was trying to convey an idea you'll find throughout what is written about him... That is the "last will be first, and the first will come last".

Gehenna, being basically a garbage dump.... I believe Jesus was simply trying to express the idea that the selfless will be "prefered" in the afterlife..... and the selfish will get their reward as well.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by BRAVO949
Good point.

Love your neighbor seems like a Buddhist idea, doesn't it?

Christianity is virtually the antithesis of Judaism. Is that a fair statement?

Judaism is all about exclusion and revenge. Christianity (at its best) is all about inclusion forgiveness.

Originally posted by Akragon

Many believe Jesus traveled to india and studied with various Buddha...

Read The life of Issa... It might be Jesus...

One question sir...

If Jesus was a creation from older systems... Show me where "love thy enemy" was used in any of those belief systems....

All other previous beliefs included war as a way to peace... not love

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by GoldenRuled

This is not fact and the bible is not a history book. What are you smoking? Really. It is all mythology and borrowed mythology at that. I guess you also believe the earth is 5,000 years old.

Face palm. I can't believe people still believe that #.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Helenistic or otherwise if Jesus the Palestinian came back today he would throw the Zionist out of the Holy Land the ay he threw the money changers out of the temple.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Are you senile? Israels elite are JINO's - Jews in name only. They suckle from the breast of Athena. They aren't Jews. So, it sort of baffles the mind that you attribute the complicity of Israel's elite, and the other Jewish elite, to the Talmud - a book not one of them reads, or cares about.

This proves that you're just interested in attacking Jews, regardless of what they believe.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   
So you are telling me that young Jewish kids do not eat bagles with baked in bits of the Talmud?

I thinking you are just attacking me because I am revealing the deep-seated evil out of which the ideology of hate you call Zionism evolved.

If Zionism is not pure evil then why do Zionist hate us fro our freedoms and want to kill Christians?

Hey? Got you there didn't I?

Thank God for Helenism, too.

The J's would still be sacrificing animals and smearing the blood all over everything if not for the moderating effect of Helenism.

Circumcision is the one remaining blood related ritual they have held onto, right?

Are you senile? Israels elite are JINO's - Jews in name only. They suckle from the breast of Athena. They aren't Jews. So, it sort of baffles the mind that you attribute the complicity of Israel's elite, and the other Jewish elite, to the Talmud - a book not one of them reads, or cares about.

This proves that you're just interested in attacking Jews, regardless of what they believe.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join