It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Am guessing this is why the CIA would want control of Facebook

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Because they can get the IP for your laptop and then track where you are on the move. Also since facebook can be accessed by modern phones, this leads to your location be traced by your mobile IP or whatever special IP thing they use for mobiles. This way they can keep track of certain people for whatever agendas.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by jonnyc55

very good. consider also the art of manipulation and the idea that hijacked social engineering sites can evolve into weapons of mass distraction.
fakedirt

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
and don't forget taking the temperature of the masses.
And they will be able to identify key players - people that are good at spreading information - those with the most influence. Take em out first.

What's funny though is that yesterday I was looking at a tool for gauging negative and positive 'chatter' and plugged in my own name. It had me flagged because I'd used the word shell and shelled repeatedly one day.

I was talking about PECANS.
edit on 13-12-2011 by hadriana because: changed repeated to repeatedly

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Funny thing they already do control-

and all sides top to bottom. You don't really think Iran shot down a US drone without our permission do ya?

Corporations
In (International)
America

=

All G20 Nations

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by jonnyc55
Because they can get the IP for your laptop and then track where you are on the move. Also since facebook can be accessed by modern phones, this leads to your location be traced by your mobile IP or whatever special IP thing they use for mobiles. This way they can keep track of certain people for whatever agendas.

But can't they track you using your phone without having to go to the trouble of linking your IP from your computer? From what I understand, if you have a phone that is in your name with a major carrier, you're open to being tracked wherever you go. I guess if you used a disposable phone, that wasn't linked to you, you'd be safe...but you wouldn't exactly be Facebooking on that.

So basically, I don't think tracking your movements is the reason they monitor FB. They could do that anyway without FB.

No, if they are tracking you on FB it's to monitor what you are posting, to make sure you aren't being subversive. Since I've posted about Ron Paul AND the Tea Party in the past, I'm probably on a list somewhere.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
The CIA doesn't need Facebook.

Your new Laptop has a serial number in the BIOS for your hardware. Your wireless card has a MAC Address they also can use to track you.

Even if you use some internet cafe trying to be anonymous.....you're not. Even LINUX was changed to make it easier to track people. Hard Drives are assigned SSID's.....more tracking capability.

If you want to be anonymous you have to do alot more work than stop using Facebook. If they think you're a threat they'll get a UHF RFID on you or in you. And track YOU whenever you get within 15 feet from a computer with a wireless card. (They are all passively scanning for UHF RFID's and will wake up and report your location immediately)

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pervius
The CIA doesn't need Facebook.

Your new Laptop has a serial number in the BIOS for your hardware. Your wireless card has a MAC Address they also can use to track you.

Even if you use some internet cafe trying to be anonymous.....you're not. Even LINUX was changed to make it easier to track people. Hard Drives are assigned SSID's.....more tracking capability.

If you want to be anonymous you have to do alot more work than stop using Facebook. If they think you're a threat they'll get a UHF RFID on you or in you. And track YOU whenever you get within 15 feet from a computer with a wireless card. (They are all passively scanning for UHF RFID's and will wake up and report your location immediately)

What's a uhf rfid?

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   

can't it be said about ats? i don't know about you but i think people on this website are more dangerous to our government's plans than people on facebook.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Pervius

Yep, very true. CIA needing Facebook to track people is too hilarious

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   

The CIA uses Facebook for data mining. It is very easy to create a profile of anyone there today, people stupidly put all of their information on there, complete with photos and physical addresses and pictures of their homes and cars. Just yesterday I was reading an article in the Columbus Dispatch about a Private Investigator who used Facebook almost exclusively to track down people he was looking for. Here is a link to the story:
Private eyes find Web’s public spaces revealing

top topics

join