It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Belgium "Lone Wolf" attack. Not Terrorism - just a jail break. For Honour Killers.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   
news.ninemsn.com.au...

A lone gunman armed with grenades opened fire on a square packed with children and Christmas shoppers in the eastern Belgian city of Liege Tuesday, killing four people and wounding 75.

Officials named the gunman — who was himself also killed in circumstances that are not yet clear — as Nordine Amrani, 33, a known criminal who had been summoned by police that morning but who never showed up.

He's known to the police, for drug and weapons offenses. It has been tied to a "jail break."

Who was being broken out of jail seems like a good question, now doesn't it?

This is NOT terrorism. Probably because if it is terrorism, it would be horribly inconvenient at the moment.

en.wikipedia.org...

The attack came a day after the Belgian court sentenced four members of a Pakistani family to prison for the murder of their law student daughter and sister in the country's first "honour killing" trial. The Daily Telegraph initially reported that the Karachi Post in Pakistan claimed that the attack was linked to a sentence in an honour killing case. It said the parents of Sadia Sheikh were sentenced on Monday when there had been a bomb alert in the court but this has not been confirmed by any Belgian authority or media, and the claim was not repeated in updated reports.

edit on 2011/12/13 by Aeons because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Hey, it's only terrorism if they're Muslim.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by GLaDOS

Nordine Amrani.

With the name he has, he's probably a Moroccan immigrant.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
its only terrorism if the government says its terrorism.

Terrorism is such a flip-flop word it means nothing these days.

apparently anything you do against a governments interest is terrorism if they wan't to call it that.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
i call BS...

2nd

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Hessdalen

Because, you don't think 4 people died and about 65 more where injured? And you this is because....

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

no, this "lone gunman - just a weed-farmer & small weapons-dealer on rampage"-story...

like in the breivik case they said he acted alone, is nuts, there is no such network and just recently they discoverd a nazi-network in germany that killed people for years - deeply conected to the far-right wing party NPD...and in denmark too, called ORG (extremly suppressed information)... -> not saying in one word that this is in anyway connected with this incident
edit on 13-12-2011 by Hessdalen because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-12-2011 by Hessdalen because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
It wasn't a jail break.

The police had called him to the station for a reason(not sure what it is) and he leaves the house with a bunch of grenades , machine gun and pistol and proceeds to shoot up a christmas market.

You won't be breaking anybody from jail throwing grenades at a christmas market.
edit on 13-12-2011 by pazcat because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by pazcat
It wasn't a jail break.

The police had called him to the station for a reason(not sure what it is) and he leaves the house with a bunch of grenades , machine gun and pistol and proceeds to shoot up a christmas market.

You won't be breaking anybody from jail throwing grenades at a christmas market.

That's quite the leap to make. If he thought he'd get back up from someone, I don't see how you can assume that.

If he decided that he wasn't going to go to the police stations, and wanted to make a political statement on his way out, that would make this the classic definition of terrorism.

Being a criminal and commiting an act of terrorism aren't exactly two things that are mutually exclusive. You can be both.

Speculation is mounting that the attack was linked to an attempted jail-break from the Palais de Justice, reports Ian Taynor.

The Palace of Justice complex on the St Lambert Square, the scene of the attack, is a large court and prison compound. Initial speculation that the assailants were involved in a jailbreak are hardening though it is unclear how they could be so heavily armed.

The mayor of Liege, Willy Demeyer, confirmed that three males tried to escape from the palace of justice, according to the main Flemish paper, De Standaard.

Creating a diversion - always a useful technique. So, anyone have a lead on who these three wonderful lads are?

www.guardian.co.uk...

Willy Demeyer, the mayor of Liège, said the two teenage victims were school pupils who had just taken exams. Initial speculation that the attack was linked to an attempted jail-break and was carried out by three people was subsequently quashed.

It was quashed because......

But there is still the Karachi news outlet who claimed it was in relation to the honour killing verdict the day before.

This was acutely apparent in the media coverage in Britain and elsewhere in the hours following the attacks in Norway on 22 July 2011. Almost immediately a 'war on terror' narrative took hold, blaming the attacks on Muslim extremists.

I'd like to address this. Just like the report out of Karachi today, TWO GROUPS CLAIMED THE BOMBING IN OSLO. Two Muslim groups. So this guilt is misplaced.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
I didn't assume that, I live in Belgium and this is what has happened according to the authorities here.

The articles you are linking are the ones assuming a whole different range of things, these were the early rumours doing the rounds before anything substantial was officially reported.
The guy shot up a heap of bus stops next to a Christmas market and threw grenades into a crowd.
How do you injure 100+ people attempting a jail break?

Believe it or not, I don't care. People are dead, which is more important than silly internet conspiracies.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by GLaDOS

You ought to try and distinguish between what you (have been brainwashed to FEEL) as opposed to actual facts.

An observer of facts could only conclude that the media bends over backwards to not mention or notice any Islamic motivation of crimes or terrorist acts.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by pazcat

Because it is a diversion, to draw away resources and attention leaving those who are escaping with chaos to use in their favour.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Great plan really.
Create diversion, shoot self in head, job done.

He had a hearing scheduled for that afternoon and didn't show up.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by pazcat
Great plan really.
Create diversion, shoot self in head, job done.

He had a hearing scheduled for that afternoon and didn't show up.

Which is usually addressed by grenades.

You are assuming a state of mutual exclusivity. Where one can't be both a politically motivated terrorist, and a criminal. While comforting, facts don't support it. Many terrorist organizations are heavily involved in criminal activities.

They aren't all selling their knitting to fund their activities.

Mr.Small-Time doesn't want to go to jail, or be deported. I suggest since he's going out anyways, that he do me a favour and in return I'll help/not kill some family in another country where I have way more pull. Or since you're going anyways, I have a way for you to get to Valhalla.

You know of lots of people who avoid going in for questioning with assault rifles and grenades used in a Christmas Market?

"These are Not The Droids You Are Looking For."

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I have a challenge for all of you.

The perp's name is known, but is currently not being published in many stories. This is a common tactic where the potential inference is uncomfortable.

Watch how many of these stories never reference the KNOWN name of this person. Unless they know people are onto it, by tomorrow his name will be rarely referenced.

I'll point out that this week there have been at least one other report of random shootings inconvenient facts like yelling "Allah Akbar" have disappeared in the US.

www.businessinsider.com...

Here is one of his victims. Not even killing a Music Producer of "big acts" is enough to penetrate the bubble of reasonable doubt being enforced around this issue.

www.whatsonsanya.com...

He did it because he was on drugs, missed his girlfriend....and apparently just likes screaming out random religious phrases.

join