It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran military to practise blocking Straits of Hormuz

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Iran military to practise blocking Straits of Hormuz

www.scotsman.com

A MEMBER of the Iranian parliament’s national security committee has said the military is to practise its ability to close the Gulf to shipping at the narrow Strait of Hormuz, the most important oil transit channel in the world.

Parviz Sarvari told student news agency ISNA yesterday: “Soon we will hold a military manoeuvre on how to close the Strait of Hormuz. If the world wants to make the region insecure, we will make the world insecure.”
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Iran has been full of empty threats, and this stunt maybe fueled by renewed confidence in their military after they captured the US drone. It would take a strong Navy to pull this off and with the US interests in keeping the Strait of Hormuz open this could be a disaster for the inferior Iranian Navy. If they do move forward with the exercise it will be interesting to see the rest of the world's reaction.

www.scotsman.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Let them close it and keep it closed. There would be some months of pain, but maybe the US would finally start drilling here and end our dependence on getting such an important resource from our enemies.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by jrod

Ah... perfect.

Instead of facing just Israel and the US, they can add every other country to the list of nations who do business in the ME to being ok with military action should Iran close the straights.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   
I really hate doing this but, this was posted yesterday. still a very a good post, thank you

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Glassbender777

My bad, I guess I didn't look hard enough before i posted.

Do you have the link?

edit on 13-12-2011 by jrod because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Already posted here: AboveTopSecret
edit on 12/13/2011 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

all sunni nations are against them.If USA attacks them then other sunni nations will join in for kill.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by mkgandhas

all sunni nations are against them.If USA attacks them then other sunni nations will join in for kill.

lol

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by jrod

Iran wont need much of a navy if they are really set of blocking the straits. They could just sink a bunch of ships as they cross through. I would put my money on that, if they happen to do anything at all (doubtful)

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Tell me whats so funny about it? sunnis and shias have been enemies.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   
As mentioned above a thread on this subject is available here.

Please add your thoughts to the ongoing conversation.

Closed

~Keeper
ATS Moderator

top topics

join