It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Russian Man Was Caught Trying To Smuggle 200 Pounds Of Butter Into Norway

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by nidstav
This story is really a smear-story against strict Norwegian rules for food-safety. EU wants Norway to loosen up our rules for food-safety. When you have a country with food-protectionism because other countries have lower standard on what it comes to food. The food-industry wants us to eat cheaper food.

I will recommend everybody to think about their food. The diet that is being advocated by supermarkets and TV might shorten your lifespan significantly. Also, learn to cook. It's really easy today. A bit of surfing on Youtube and you can learn a lot! Some fish and fresh vegetables is a really good start.

This is a conspiracy that many people have actually proved exists. Corporations don't want you to take care of your body. They only want profits, and they exhibit the behavior of psychopaths.

While I don't agree with the nanny state mentality by Norway, I agree with you on most of that.

The processed crap most people eat is slowly killing them, walk through a Wal Mart sometime then walk through a Whole Foods, the difference in customers is stark.

And the psychopathic leanings of Corporations is something more people need to realize.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 05:20 AM
link   
It's an interesting predicament this. Both farmers and the part of the state that regulates the caps on production of butter was aware of this potential crises six months ago. Someone dropped the ball, or completely ignored it, and this situation inevitably came to pass. It could've been prevented, but the bureaucractic incompetence that is Norway weren't able to - or willing to do anything.

A couple of weeks ago the state lowered the customs fee on butter, making it 'easier' for nearby countries to import it. But as one might have guessed, it was a ridiculously feeble attempt, because it was still largely unprofitable for the neighbouring countries to even bother with it.

Norway is deserving of the situation it is in, and it's perfectly understandable that people want to profit from this hilarious stupidity Norway has exhibited. 200 lbs (~90 kg) is not a lot either, I can imagine that would cover the needs of not more than ten families. Especially considering the 'butter crisis' will last well into the new year.

People in desperation are now paying 15-30 times the worth of what butter usually costs. It's obvious that there is money to be made, and Norway has fostered and incentivized the horrible 'crime' of smuggling butter. The authorities has got no reason to whine about it.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 05:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
Its a terrible situation. There is no butter in Norway and other Scandinavian countries are faring similar.

I don't know about that "other Scandinavian countries" -part. I am from Finland (Not technically Scandinavian country, but Nordic nevertheless) and we have plenty of butter. And our mainstream media reports that they have plenty of butter in Sweden too.

This is mostly due their protectionism towards local products. They have very strict customs to protect their own butter industry. Now this whole thing kinda backfired to them and it all choked up because of excess bureaucracy and customs.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 05:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dasher
I wanted to tell them that my family goes through more than a pound of butter a week and between my wife and I, we weigh about 235 lbs (note - strictly grass fed butter and other healthy/clean fats like coconut oil, tallow, etc).

you are bragging about eating pound of butter a week?

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Stryc9nine

I'm sorry that you didn't follow my communication well enough to understand it. I hope you are simply confused rather than attempting to cause confusion.

No, I was not bragging. The point was simply that fat intake is not necessarily related to weight gain. My family gains weight when we eat too much, exercise too little, etc, but not simply when we eat more or less fat. While our diets, being very purposed, do not fit the conventional view of healthy, they do fit the historical view of what foods are valuable and worth seeking/consuming.

Also, to note (for those who are "sensitive" to their environment): If you eat a reasonable amount of fats and animal proteins, you are less prone to overeating and your mood is more stable. Don't do so excessively as the farming cycles are costly in many ways and very high levels of fats and proteins will clog your system up.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join