It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Russian Man Was Caught Trying To Smuggle 200 Pounds Of Butter Into Norway

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   

articles.businessinsider .com

In the latest installment of Norway's completely bizarre butter shortage, a Russian man has been caught trying to sneak 90kg (almost 200lbs) of butter into the country without paying import duties, The Local reports.

It's thought that a rise in low carb diets have caused a shortage in the country, which has strict tariffs on the import of butter from other countries.

Given that reports suggest butter had been selling eBay for $13 per 250 grams, this illicit haul would have been worth $4680.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   
From another article:

A Russian man living in Germany, for example, was caught at the border at Svinesund over the weekend as he tried to smuggle 90 kilos (198 pounds) of butter into Norway. Customs inspectors found the butter in his vehicle and claimed the goods hadn’t been declared.

“He said he was going to deliver it somewhere,” Wenche Fredriksen of the customs division for eastern Norway told newspaper VG. Customs confiscated all 90 kilos.

Source

This is a pretty crazy situation going on in Norway right now but with Christmas just 2 weeks away i bet there many restaurants and hotels that are prepared to pay well over the odds for a product that not to long ago many countries had a surplus of.

Whats next? Organized criminal butter cartels? People making their own in seedy back room makeshift dairy's?

articles.businessinsider .com
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 13-12-2011 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Its a terrible situation. There is no butter in Norway and other Scandinavian countries are faring similar. No legitimate reason. The people have been asking all fall, and getting a run around on how the farmers aren't producing enough. Whereas the farmers say, there is plenty of product, but they caps on what they're allowed to bring out. Basically, they probably took it all underground to the elite bases. Which to me is very alarming in itself.

Because the two most important and essential fats for your body, and you need relatively large amounts, are BUTTER, and COCONUT OIL. Olive oil is good too. Not just for brain, but for organs, liver, skin, teeth, and prevents cancer. Also in liver as well. The fatty soluable vitamins are essential for your health.

Of course the best is organic and certified farmer fresh butter, not pastuerized chemical soup butter.

Not margarine, not non hydrognenated margarine.

And their trade caps are high so they can't have it brought in from other countries but have ample supplies on their own except TPTB are messing with them.

This guy was probably planning on selling some black market at huge profit.

Its far cheaper for them to make their own butter from heavy cream however. They still have lots of that. It just takes a blender, food processor, some cheese cloth, for butter and buttermilk. Or a butter churn if one is traditional.
edit on 13-12-2011 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

Of course the best is organic and certified farmer fresh butter, not pastuerized chemical soup butter.

Just like any other hard to get substance you can bet people will start cutting the 'pure' stuff with all sorts of crap to make a higher profit

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   

How to make Butter: fast homemade Video Recipe

And its obviously planned by the elite, only they really aren't going to win on the food war with the citizens. People are not stupid enough and now they're messing with the higher IQ, good school system citizens, and they're not push overs.

I suggest they all slither back under the rocks these SS slithered out of and clean up all the radiation while they're at it too.

No more butter in "Last Tango in Paris"! The movie. Removed the embedding though, just noticed its actually a sex scene in the movie and I find that repulsive. Just one more movie I havn't seen, don't watch most of them, they're all dark side. You can search for that on youtube if you wish.

edit on 13-12-2011 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixOD

Because the Europeans eat primarily unsalted Butter and is consumed on bread with their morning breakfast they would be able to readily taste any "crap" that had been added.

Peace

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
Not just for brain, but for organs, liver, skin, teeth, and prevents cancer. Also in liver as well. The fatty soluable vitamins are essential for your health.

SHHH!
You're gonna make the price go up EVERYWHERE!

On a serious level, it's amazing how many people think fat makes you fat. I was in Starbucks the other morning (one that is particularly near the only 4G connection in my area), and two ladies were discussing the fat content of the bakery items for sale. I wanted to tell them that my family goes through more than a pound of butter a week and between my wife and I, we weigh about 235 lbs (note - strictly grass fed butter and other healthy/clean fats like coconut oil, tallow, etc). Then again, we do have a lot of native blood in us, so we are "petite." I didn't end up saying anything since I was intending to work...

But the point is that people don't value nutrition, they value their perception of nutrition.
I really hope Norway solves this soon as food supplies should be held in much higher regard than tech trinkets or even the economy itself.
edit on 12/13/2011 by Dasher because: fat note

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
I'm sorry this was just too funny just on the title alone. WTH man 200 pounds of butter? How the hell would he keep it solid?

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   

SAVAGE!

Call in the forces...this is serious!!! What kind of sicko smuggles in butter? I mean what is this world coming to when you have fatty dangerous spread/oils added to everything? Aren't these restaurant chefs savvy enough to know how to prepare a meal without the thought reducing material known as butter?

Sarcasm.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Chewingonmushrooms

It's Norway!

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Chewingonmushrooms

Well im guessing he didn't try to smuggle it internally.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Norway is a huge nanny state, if it is deemed bad for you it is taxed to the gills.

My section tent burned down while I was there for training and the Commo section put up a new tent for me while I was running sick call (medic). So I decided to buy them a case of local beer for their trouble.

Holy hell is beer expensive in Norway, like $8 a bottle.

Beer, booze, smokes, now butter, all heavily taxed.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Wow butter is count as drugs now?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   

You're absolutely right, he smuggled it in his pants. Our TSA would have caught him in a second.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   
This story is really a smear-story against strict Norwegian rules for food-safety. EU wants Norway to loosen up our rules for food-safety. When you have a country with food-protectionism because other countries have lower standard on what it comes to food. The food-industry wants us to eat cheaper food.

I will recommend everybody to think about their food. The diet that is being advocated by supermarkets and TV might shorten your lifespan significantly. Also, learn to cook. It's really easy today. A bit of surfing on Youtube and you can learn a lot! Some fish and fresh vegetables is a really good start.

This is a conspiracy that many people have actually proved exists. Corporations don't want you to take care of your body. They only want profits, and they exhibit the behavior of psychopaths.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952

You're absolutely right, he smuggled it in his pants. Our TSA would have caught him in a second.

And if he was an 85 year old granny they would have sicced the dogs on him.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
I do not know what is more ridiculous - that Norway is out of butter, or that people now smuggle butter. How much money can one make from it?
The world is crazier every day, i swear.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by nidstav

I'm glad to see Norway take that position, and that is one of the fears that the EU has had for me. A country can no longer decide what is in it's best interests, it will be told by Brussels.

Just as America has a State's rights issue, the countries of the EU should have a Nation's right's issue.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
The only reason I can think of is the butter is contaminated.
can you make butter with boiled milk. so maybe not bacteria?

heavy metals or Radiation?
they are hiding some thing.
butter is not some thing that you run short of?

do they have lots of milk?
then make butter?
are they short on cheese?
make that to.

I made butter as a kid. milk and a wisk.
wisk till you have cream butter.
pour of the water. and you have butter.
wisk agine you end up with butter.
give a 1 more hours for cheese.
I think? add salt to stop it going off/bad..
edit on 13-12-2011 by buddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Maybe butter is some code word for explosives like soap is.

This is a crime of humanity not only did this man do this for profit but kidnapping charges will be applied for taking Pillsberry Doughboy as a hostage.
edit on 13-12-2011 by Chewingonmushrooms because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join