It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

James Webb Space Telescope

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: TEOTWAWKIAIFF
Geezus NASA! Get your satellite together...

Eh. You want it done fast, or you want it done right?

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

Both?

All the other schedules were kept and now sliding on the sunshield is taking two years?! I mean, they kept it in the cold room during a hurricane as Houston flooded. Now, some politicians get to cry and moan in front some cameras about funding on a completed space telescope?

If this doesn't cry "conspiracy" I don't know what does.

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Last TEOT Update

Last we saw JWST the delay was 70% chance for May or June 2020.

Now, for latest breaking news...

NASA announced Wednesday that the James Webb Space Telescope will now fly no earlier than 2021. The delay means the observatory's overall cost is now expected to reach nearly $10 billion.

phys.org, June 27, 2018 - More delay, cost for NASA's next-generation space telescope.

It is like college all over again! The worst six years of my life!! I didn't even get a degree.

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 03:50 PM
link   

a reply to: Last TEOT Update

Last we saw JWST the delay was 70% chance for May or June 2020.

Now, for latest breaking news...

NASA announced Wednesday that the James Webb Space Telescope will now fly no earlier than 2021. The delay means the observatory's overall cost is now expected to reach nearly $10 billion.

phys.org, June 27, 2018 - More delay, cost for NASA's next-generation space telescope.

It is like college all over again! The worst six years of my life!! I didn't even get a degree.

Sounds like somebody is holding off to make sure the historic announcement of the discovery of alien life is made by somebody other than President Trump.

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 04:32 PM
link   

I think recreational use of marijuana in the US will be legal before this ST is launched.

After launch, they have to move it out to the Lagrange point, run a bunch of calibrations and systems tests, and then start the rounds of observations. IIRC, they planned for 12 - 16 months of that! Then if they are not rushing to publish, a good 6 months (min.) of data crunching. That
would now put us at 2023? before pics show up.

That is after the next World Cup for crying out loud!!

*wanders off cussing under his breath*

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 06:11 PM
link   

After launch, they have to move it out to the Lagrange point, run a bunch of calibrations and systems tests, and then start the rounds of observations. IIRC, they planned for 12 - 16 months of that! Then if they are not rushing to publish, a good 6 months (min.) of data crunching. That would now put us at 2023? before pics show up.

Maybe the aliens will show up before then, give us a map and detailed information on all of the known advanced civilizations in the universe, and save us a lot of time and effort.
edit on 27-6-2018 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Too lazy! Seems we have to figure some things out for ourselves (as a species).

I mean most people can’t use a car on Macnally’s 2-d surface (even with Tesla’s computer assistance!) What would a 4-D map do for us mouth breathers??

We need to learn how to do this on our own!

That is what Freemasonry is about. You can’t explain it; you have to live it. And that is “the secret” that they can’t talk about to us “cowans” (invert the “w” and “double it” to get the “speak”).

They are right. We have to learn from the bottom up or remain ignorant.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join