It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eurozone banking system on the edge of collapse

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Hello people, I posted a thread a few weeks back about a warning that Alessio Rastani gave on his Facebook page, about a euro bank due to collapse: Two of the worlds largest financial insitutions on the brink of collapse

Anyway here's a snippet from the Telegraph.co.uk

Senior analysts and traders warned of impending bank failures as a summit intended to solve the European crisis failed to deliver a solution that eased concerns over bank funding. The European Central Bank admitted it had held meetings about providing emergency funding to the region's struggling banks, however City figures said a "collateral crunch" was looming. "If anyone thinks things are getting better then they simply don't understand how severe the problems are. I think a major bank could fail within weeks," said one London-based executive at a major global bank. Many banks, including some French, Italian and Spanish lenders, have already run out of many of the acceptable forms of collateral such as US Treasuries and other liquid securities used to finance short-term loans and have been forced to resort to lending out their gold reserves to maintain access to dollar funding.

Source

Is this the warning he gave us? I hope our economey can handle this after we agreed not to let the IMF manage our budget. . Or was this the plan?

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   
I think this video might have to do with this rumor?

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by n00bUK

blah, blah , blah. Its been on the edge of collapse for a year now.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by TylerDurden2U
reply to post by n00bUK

blah, blah , blah. Its been on the edge of collapse for a year now.

well really, its always on the edge because its just a bubble thats bailed out constantly.

Im guessing they put this in the media to scare people? i dont know, thats why i posted it

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Euro dropped off a cliff

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by whoshotJR
Euro dropped off a cliff

The Euro vs the USD, for the past week...

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Dream on... Europe is just fine.

I'd be more focused on what's going to happen to the currency on the other side of the pond if I were you.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jepic
Dream on... Europe is just fine.

Sarcasm...?

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Quote from the Latvian paper regarding the bank ATM run:

"Dissemination of false information that the bank started as financial difficulties, today launched criminal proceedings. Although already heard of the disseminated information is untrue, recent experience with the bank people are untrustworthy, and today at the "Swedbank" ATM's gathered many people."

Apparently the rumor was started through internet blogs and have not truth in them yet people were shaken enough to start a ran on the Swedbank. Police are investigating.

Sirric

new topics

top topics

join