It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Do People Defend Unjust, Inept, and Corrupt Systems?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   
I think people defending the system are those that 'have it relatively good' and afraid of radical changes.
People with high paying jobs, successful businesses ...
People buying into State propaganda of (everything is under control) or simply those who have lost hope for change.
or people bought by the State (on State pay or in the military)

That's a hell lot of people, including here on ATS ( they will recognize themselves :lol

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by tangonine

Maybe those who didn't want the job offers already had jobs... Maybe some had real work, the tax free kind... We don't need the governments permission to grow & sell marijuana... Thank you to those who do. Plus look at all the things hemp can be used for... You can even run a vehicle on hemp. No more need to rape the earth of one of its resources & no need to kill for it either... & no need for the government to funnel in their narcotics & claim a "war on drugs" . The government does not own us... We own it, it is ours... The people's, not the few who think they control it... We have images of slave owners on our national currency, think about that when you clock in tomorrow morning. What are you working for? Who are you working for? That's right... the slave owners. Come on people... Unite... We can stop history from repeating itself if we want to... Let's start over
~~ Blessings ~~

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

I think it comes down to a fear of change and the unknown . So some people turn a blind eye . Not to many like being outside of their personal comfort zone. There are also a lot of people who are ignorant as to what goes on in the world around them and have no desire to educate themselves.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

I find this hard to accept. We are not sheep needing to be led by some secualr messiah from the very wilderness of the dysfunctional that they themselves led us into.... but then, as an ATSer, I have come to terms that we see things froma broader perspective than the MSM likes to encourage.

I disagree with you in a way.

When I took the class American Government in college the professor took a very revealing informal poll. He asked, how many people wanted to live in a free society where they could be or do nearly anything but had to live with a constant threat of terrorism and/or crime. Very few people raised their hand.

Then he asked, who would want to live in a dictatorship where you were told what to study, what profession to take, and culture was rigorously regulated, but the threat of crime and terrorism was almost non existent. Overwhelmingly people chose the second. They valued their security and comfort over their freedom to think and act according to their desires and conscience.

He later told me that in every class since 9/11/2001 that had been the result. So, four years from that day people were still so rattled by the event that they would willingly choose to be lead than imagine it happening again. They wanted to know that some one would lead them through life without fear of an uncertain world where bad things happen.

Most people are truly sheep. They will follow a person or system because it gives them comfort and eliminates a certain amount of uncertainty.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Because some people are part of those unjust microcosms and organizations. They are in their comfort zone and don't want to come out. The people on the outside of those unjust organizations, feel they cannot affect change to any great degree, so they let them exsist. This is how this country has gotten so deep in the toilet! Apathy is rampant is this country! They give up before the fight even starts. Or, they don't understand how these corrupt systems really work. Ignorance and apathy I guess?

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

Beethoven. You have to create a symphony in order for people to appreciate it.

First you establish the society on fine honorable grounds and all the organisations tied to it.

You trick organisations into joining your cause by hiding it's true intent.

Then you gain control over the belief systems by stomping out anything that would supersede its fundamentals. Focusing on any beliefs that spread like wildfire.

Then you teach the people how to accept lying as a norm in a "It was for a good cause" manor. Santa Clause, Easter Bunny, Tooth Fairy. Once these are installed over a few generations and saturated into society you take control of the established media and give the flavor it produces a tinge of what you would like the public to think about what your organisation is doing.

However you will need money to power this scheme so then you push and push to install a central bank that has to also establish itself as a trusted organisation so it WILL be good at first.

Once you have established these you will have produced a machine that breeds soldiers that will protect the pillars of this society with their lives.

Much blood will be shed but it is required for freedom truth and justice.

Idk about you guys but that last sentence seems self contradictory.

And one last thing, You are all part of this society so the act of looking here and trying to fight it only proves it's success. Resistance create's ego.

edit on 13-12-2011 by PositivelyDetermined because: Adding to

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

Because Lex Luther's father was right!

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   
So to reverse blind support of a system you must:
1) Decrease the threat level without making people unable to respond to -real- threats
2) Decrease their dependency and increase their independence
3) Increase their sense of control over their own life
4) Increase their ability to escape the system (if that's their desire)

Bottom line, this is what the article says:
1) Threats make us defend ourselves AND the system (blindly).
2) Dependency on the system makes us defend it (blindly).
3) Lack of control in our own lives causes us to seek out the system (blindly) for a sense of order.
4) Lack of ability to escape the system causes us to adapt to it and accept it by making excuses.
edit on 13-12-2011 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unknown Soldier

I am a OWS participant and

Ehem.. I have a Job

So much for the unemployed hippie theory, yes that was on the news wasn't it? Yes the media not some random youtube clip. Oh yes this is part of damage control, yes those Wall Street aristocrats decided to help a few people get jobs isn't that nice. They made sure the media projected this... because they are so kind

So sincere of them, just like when GM donates trucks to the NYFD after 911 and then do a commercial about it. Ahh yes how sincere of them to exploit the tragedy of 911 to sell cars. Like i go around bragging about donating 2 dollars from my paycheck to charity. When people have to prove and brag to others that they "did a good deed" usually is an act of self gain.

In this case sounds like propaganda, I take it as a insult to assume i have no job.That is what they want the lemmings to think of protesters.

What network was this by the way?... FOX

see where I am going with this

Then you claim al these individuals are wanting free stuff.. . as if you have met with every person at OWS and they were to tell you "we want free stuff" that was a herp derp of you. You clearly have no concept of what the protest was about. It was about corruption and justification . You are in line with the status quo media M.O. then.

Good luck with that

edit on 13-12-2011 by Unknown Soldier because: (no reason given)

What he said!!!!

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Some people defend the system, because without some order, the chaos would be terrible. Without a system, only the strongest will survive. I guarantee the strongest isn't you. No matter how many guns you "claim" to have, no matter how deep you are dug into your basement.

The criminal element, (not the lying, cheating, kind) the violent, animals...They will be running things, without a system to deal with them.

Yes, the system is corrupt.
But that is people's fault. Greed lives in every one of us, in some shape or form. If we could manage that, we might be able to solve some real problems.

Western civilizations have as close as we can get to a system that ...is "ours". IMO, It just kinda needs a reset.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

My dad's a drunk, a loser, practicly homeless, hadent had a job for 15 years until this one. Other bad stuff I wont say. He doesnt listen, he has an anger issue if you push him, and he's unreliable.

I still love him.

EVEN THOUGH HE'S NOT MY REAL DAD!
edit on 14-12-2011 by DerVerboten because: An analogy to answer your question.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by dbar21

Maybe those who didn't want the job offers already had jobs... Maybe some had real work, the tax free kind... We don't need the governments permission to grow & sell marijuana... Thank you to those who do. Plus look at all the things hemp can be used for... You can even run a vehicle on hemp. No more need to rape the earth of one of its resources & no need to kill for it either... & no need for the government to funnel in their narcotics & claim a "war on drugs" . The government does not own us... We own it, it is ours... The people's, not the few who think they control it... We have images of slave owners on our national currency, think about that when you clock in tomorrow morning. What are you working for? Who are you working for? That's right... the slave owners. Come on people... Unite... We can stop history from repeating itself if we want to... Let's start over
~~ Blessings ~~

...I've yet to see a "hemp-run" vehicle. I'd ask if you're high but I think that's a foregone conclusion.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Screwed

I am a OWS participant and

Ehem.. I have a Job

So much for the unemployed hippie theory, yes that was on the news wasn't it? Yes the media not some random youtube clip. Oh yes this is part of damage control, yes those Wall Street aristocrats decided to help a few people get jobs isn't that nice. They made sure the media projected this... because they are so kind

So sincere of them, just like when GM donates trucks to the NYFD after 911 and then do a commercial about it. Ahh yes how sincere of them to exploit the tragedy of 911 to sell cars. Like i go around bragging about donating 2 dollars from my paycheck to charity. When people have to prove and brag to others that they "did a good deed" usually is an act of self gain.

In this case sounds like propaganda, I take it as a insult to assume i have no job.That is what they want the lemmings to think of protesters.

What network was this by the way?... FOX

see where I am going with this

Then you claim al these individuals are wanting free stuff.. . as if you have met with every person at OWS and they were to tell you "we want free stuff" that was a herp derp of you. You clearly have no concept of what the protest was about. It was about corruption and justification . You are in line with the status quo media M.O. then.

Good luck with that

edit on 13-12-2011 by Unknown Soldier because: (no reason given)

What he said!!!!

Says the guy with an avatar with an AK in his hand. shark, jump it much?

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   
If you don't define "the system" you actually can't argue against "it."

You folks do realize that, yes?

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheOracle
I think people defending the system are those that 'have it relatively good' and afraid of radical changes.
People with high paying jobs, successful businesses ...
People buying into State propaganda of (everything is under control) or simply those who have lost hope for change.
or people bought by the State (on State pay or in the military)

That's a hell lot of people, including here on ATS ( they will recognize themselves :lol

So.. from your comment, everyone who has achieved and done well in life and made money, or has been in the military is just a zombie. Izzat correct? And what State Propoganda, exactly, are you referring to? Gimme something diametrically opposed to capitalism, like "workers unite!" or some such. Please give an example or two. Just curious.
edit on 14-12-2011 by tangonine because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Yup. You're 1 guy that participated in OWS and has a job. Apparently, in your mind, that fact invalidates the fact that those two guys brought a job fair to zucotti park and had ZERO takers

Umm no you missed the point, I have a job and so did many other people that i met at OWS as well. That was the point that i was making, that the stero type is a pathetic effort to put ows protesters in a bad light.

Oh i bet those guys did have a job fair in zucotti park , not arguing that. I did not say it did not happen what are you talking about? Did you misinterpret what i said? idk

Incidentally, GM is owned by unions (thanks to the government) who supported OWS,

GM is not owned by unions lol.... if it was owned by Unions then there would be no need for a Union to begin with. Unions are compromised of employees not employers whom bargain labor contracts with the company "GM" the employer. What on earth are you talking about?

fyi i was using GM as a reference for using PR, not associating GM with OWS

The government supported OWS? LOL yeah thats why they had the protesters ran off right? Why would the government give money to Wall Street then back OWS? The government is in bed with Wall Street!

so not sure if I should say "why you hitting yourself? why you hitting yourself?"

UAW controls 65% Chrylser and 17% of GM yes, it's that bad

See? it's things like this that make useful discussions with people like you completely pointless. I stopped reading your post there because, well, you're so woefully ignorant, it just hurts.

stop hitting yourself? why are you hitting yourself?

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Call me crazy, but I think it all just comes down to Conformity.
People don't like being outkasts, they like being accepted by the crowd, they like being part of the majority. You can call it peer pressure or whatever else you want, but it all comes down to conformity. I even wrote a paper about it around 10 years ago, back when I took Psych 101 my first year of college. Got an A+ and my prof asked if he could send it out to some Psych magazines - I told him sure, but I have no idea what mags he sent it to or if they ever printed it. Oh well.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   
It's very simple. If you control mass media, then you control THE opinion and thinking process. Nobody (other than a small minority) will believe in a media-"conspiracy".

It's amazing how well everybody responds to the mass media, without even the slightest suspicion. I witness every day how effective it is - with co-workers, friends and family.

I feel like I am in an episode of the Twilight Zone or the movie Body Snatchers. Only me and another friend see whats going on.. the rest of the people around me are sheeple zombies.
edit on 14-12-2011 by nOraKat because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Time2Think
Call me crazy, but I think it all just comes down to Conformity.
People don't like being outkasts, they like being accepted by the crowd, they like being part of the majority. You can call it peer pressure or whatever else you want, but it all comes down to conformity. I even wrote a paper about it around 10 years ago, back when I took Psych 101 my first year of college. Got an A+ and my prof asked if he could send it out to some Psych magazines - I told him sure, but I have no idea what mags he sent it to or if they ever printed it. Oh well.

Do a PhD dissertation on the difference between people that overachieve and people that don't and I'll bet the rent you find the people that overachieve don't conform, and the people that underachieve do.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by nOraKat
It's very simple. If you control mass media, then you control THE opinion and thinking process. Nobody (other than a small minority) will believe in a media-"conspiracy".

It's amazing how well everybody responds to the mass media, without even the slightest suspicion. I witness every day how effective it is - with co-workers, friends and family. I feel like I am in an episode of the Twilight Zone or the movie Body Snatchers. Only me and another friend see whats going on.. the rest of the people around me are sheeple zombies.
edit on 14-12-2011 by nOraKat because: (no reason given)

I agree wholeheartedly. ALL mass media (yes, FOX News, too, for you hippies), is bought and paid for.

Problem is 95 people out of 100 (and that's a conservative estimate) buy it hook, line and sinker.

I watch news maybe 10 minutes a day. Just to see how stupid the guy who paid $60K to get a meteorology degree (and believe it or not, that's a freaking hard degree.... now THERE'S a waste of effort) got it wrong, again, and long enough to check my stocks. Rest of it is drivel.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join