It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Do People Defend Unjust, Inept, and Corrupt Systems?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   
This may be redundant, but I thought I'd throw in a new phrase: normalcy bias.

The normalcy bias, or normality bias, refers to a mental state people enter when facing a disaster. It causes people to underestimate both the possibility of a disaster occurring and its possible effects. This often results in situations where people fail to adequately prepare for a disaster, and on a larger scale, the failure of governments to include the populace in its disaster preparations. The assumption that is made in the case of the normalcy bias is that since a disaster never has occurred then it never will occur. It also results in the inability of people to cope with a disaster once it occurs. People with a normalcy bias have difficulties reacting to something they have not experienced before. People also tend to interpret warnings in the most optimistic way possible, seizing on any ambiguities to infer a less serious situation.

Hope it adds a little.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Why Do People Defend Unjust, Inept, and Corrupt Systems?

because they benefit from the trickle-down effect

some get 'crumbs some amass sizable fortunes with little effort... (the brown-noser people involved with facilitating the Section 8 for example...they kiss butt with the local HUD, get the work contracts, get a more than adequate payment for their services...and stick the shaft to the sub-contractor that does the actual Section 8 work)

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

"System Justification" certainly seems to describe the "Anti-OWS" crowd here. As well as accompanied with a kind of Stockholm Syndrome, they desperately try and minimize guilt of Wall Street or completely disregard the corruption of Wall street while attacking these peaceful protests. The watering it down with the excuse as goes " no no wall street aren't the ones to blame" while Wall Street is part of the problem none the less. It does start with Wall Street but does not end with Wall Street and the critics don't get it. They simply do not make sense leaving me thinking.. are these people crazy? They are defending the bad guys.

Thanks for bringing awareness to "System Justification" it runs rampant here of all places a conspiracy web site

Yes these people scare me
edit on 13-12-2011 by Unknown Soldier because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
double post

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by mkgandhas
Excellent points,I at times wonder how can americans support and turn a blind eye to the corruption of bush and obama govts. This helps explain the wondrous stupidity and amnesia of the american sheeple.

Well, we Americans wonder how the rest of the world lives under corruption 10-20 fold what we do and don't do (*$# about it. To us, you're the sheeple.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   
We don't do what works, we do what is accepted.
Take property taxes for example - a terribly unfair and corrupt system of taxation yet people don't make a peep about it. Assessors have been caught giving themselves and family members below market value assessments and then jack up the assessments of others fraudulently. People pretend they don't see it and don't even ask their reps for property tax reform. Some of the laws on this - rigged against the property owners - have been on the books for over 200 years. Talk about antiquated.
Still very few seem to notice that it is a big problem.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

9/11 debunkers are a funny bunch indeed.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unknown Soldier
reply to post by Maxmars

"System Justification" certainly seems to describe the "Anti-OWS" crowd here. As well as accompanied with a kind of Stockholm Syndrome, they desperately try and minimize guilt of Wall Street or completely disregard the corruption of Wall street while attacking these peaceful protests. The watering it down with the excuse as goes " no no wall street aren't the ones to blame" while Wall Street is part of the problem none the less. It does start with Wall Street but does not end with Wall Street and the critics don't get it. They simply do not make sense leaving me thinking.. are these people crazy? They are defending the bad guys.

Thanks for bringing awareness to "System Justification" it runs rampant here of all places a conspiracy web site

Yes these people scare me

Watched a couple wall street guys on the news the other night. The went out and gathered up business owners from around NYC who needed employees, went to zuccoti (sp?) park and opened up a job fair for the poor disaffected OWS protesters who's lives are apparently so miserable.

Afterward, one of them said (and this is a rough quote): "Mayor didn't need the police to clear out the park, all he needed to do was hold a job fair."

quite telling. and flies in the face of your supposition that system justification is at work here... unless you're presenting the OWS people as evidence.

Bottom line is, the OWS crowd just wants to be given stuff. They don't want to earn it with sweat and hard work. They want entitlements and the fruits of someone else's labor. I'll believe that until they show me (not tell me) differently.
edit on 13-12-2011 by tangonine because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

The system we live in supplies people with the utensils to fill their voids. Everyone who obeys n supports this system is not an honest person for sacrificing morals n ethics for service-to-self gain. Therefore they have abandon the truth for whatever reason. We as spiritual beings have a soul matrix that is directly n deeply connected to the Source through love and our emotions. A great quote from Alex Collier he had been told by his E.T contact, "The love that you withold is the pain that you carry". Ignorance is bliss, its easy to ignore those emotions and replace with illusory materialism, drugs, sugar highs, hate and negative emotions and the mighty dollar *cough cough*. When we hide our true feelings we gain self-loathing n we project it outwards to again fill that void. The system is that. Not real, but its just as good as being real coz we believe n have been told its real and the only way.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
"According to the release, there are four (4) 'situations' that foster "System Justification," namely:"

1 - system threat,
2 - system dependance,
3 - system inescapability, and
4 - low personal control.

This reminds me of some really bad marriages and relationships that I've either been a part of or recognized in some of my close friends. Especially when it's a situation where there's an overly controlling husband. The women living in fear rarely say anything to defend themselves and will constantly try to justify the husbands actions.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by tangonine

I am a OWS participant and

Ehem.. I have a Job

So much for the unemployed hippie theory, yes that was on the news wasn't it? Yes the media not some random youtube clip. Oh yes this is part of damage control, yes those Wall Street aristocrats decided to help a few people get jobs isn't that nice. They made sure the media projected this... because they are so kind

So sincere of them, just like when GM donates trucks to the NYFD after 911 and then do a commercial about it. Ahh yes how sincere of them to exploit the tragedy of 911 to sell cars. Like i go around bragging about donating 2 dollars from my paycheck to charity. When people have to prove and brag to others that they "did a good deed" usually is an act of self gain.

In this case sounds like propaganda, I take it as a insult to assume i have no job.That is what they want the lemmings to think of protesters.

What network was this by the way?... FOX

see where I am going with this

Then you claim al these individuals are wanting free stuff.. . as if you have met with every person at OWS and they were to tell you "we want free stuff" that was a herp derp of you. You clearly have no concept of what the protest was about. It was about corruption and justification . You are in line with the status quo media M.O. then.

Good luck with that

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

Because they ARE "Unjust" "Inept", and "Corrupt"

They are the "System" the "Chosen Ones"

Just a simple answer to the post

No Disrespect, no arguments, I deal with it ever day

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by anikan333

A great quote from Alex Collier he had been told by his E.T contact, "The love that you withold is the pain that you carry"

His real name is Ralph Amigron, not Alex Collier. I cant believe the guy and take him seriously that uses a stage name just saying. His message may be true The "love that you withhold" stuff but his alien story is fiction imo.

fyi

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unknown Soldier

I am a OWS participant and

Ehem.. I have a Job

So much for the unemployed hippie theory, yes that was on the news wasn't it? Yes the media not some random youtube clip. Oh yes this is part of damage control, yes those Wall Street aristocrats decided to help a few people get jobs isn't that nice. They made sure the media projected this... because they are so kind

So sincere of them, just like when GM donates trucks to the NYFD after 911 and then do a commercial about it. Ahh yes how sincere of them to exploit the tragedy of 911 to sell cars. Like i go around bragging about donating 2 dollars from my paycheck to charity. When people have to prove and brag to others that they "did a good deed" usually is an act of self gain.

In this case sounds like propaganda, I take it as a insult to assume i have no job.That is what they want the lemmings to think of protesters.

What network was this by the way?... FOX

see where I am going with this

Then you claim al these individuals are wanting free stuff.. . as if you have met with every person at OWS and they were to tell you "we want free stuff" that was a herp derp of you. You clearly have no concept of what the protest was about. It was about corruption and justification . You are in line with the status quo media M.O. then.

Good luck with that

Yup. You're 1 guy that participated in OWS and has a job. Apparently, in your mind, that fact invalidates the fact that those two guys brought a job fair to zucotti park and had ZERO takers.

Incidentally, GM is owned by unions (thanks to the government) who supported OWS, so not sure if I should say "why you hitting yourself? why you hitting yourself?"

And yes I'm claiming all these individuals want free stuff. If you'd like to compare anecdotal evidence of that, then you will lose, and lose badly. And given the fact that you use "herp derp" in a sentence sort of gives it away.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Simply like taking a pledge of allegiance to America every day.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Frequent Reasons People Defend Unjust, Inept and/or Corrupt Systems (more than one may apply at any given moment):

1. Ignorant to problem
  2. Apathetic to Problem
  3. Scared of Problem
  4. Found way to benefit from Problem
  5. See membership amongst those benefitting from Problem
  6. Fear being on outside of Problem
  7. Causing Problem

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

"system justification" ... It is the complete & exact opposite of that. I agree with someone finally. Absolute hypocrisy... Corrupt to the foundation. Government, corporate, police, military, banking, education, entertainment, media & organized religion too... Truth comes from within bredren & sistren... Nothing but distractions for the masses. Can't help but notice a lack of care, morals, ethics, compassion from these systems & some who blindly follow them. War after war after war.... Billions spent per month for war... Us poor & working class peasants killing & dying for these soon to be defunct "systems"... Time to start over. We can do it right if we come from within & not from without... It's time to help one another. Not hurt one another. Look where we are at, look where we're headed... Is this/that really what we want for our children? Time to start over... Time for
~~ Peace ~~

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Yup. You're 1 guy that participated in OWS and has a job. Apparently, in your mind, that fact invalidates the fact that those two guys brought a job fair to zucotti park and had ZERO takers

Umm no you missed the point, I have a job and so did many other people that i met at OWS as well. That was the point that i was making, that the stero type is a pathetic effort to put ows protesters in a bad light.

Oh i bet those guys did have a job fair in zucotti park , not arguing that. I did not say it did not happen what are you talking about? Did you misinterpret what i said? idk

Incidentally, GM is owned by unions (thanks to the government) who supported OWS,

GM is not owned by unions lol.... if it was owned by Unions then there would be no need for a Union to begin with. Unions are compromised of employees not employers whom bargain labor contracts with the company "GM" the employer. What on earth are you talking about?

fyi i was using GM as a reference for using PR, not associating GM with OWS

The government supported OWS? LOL yeah thats why they had the protesters ran off right? Why would the government give money to Wall Street then back OWS? The government is in bed with Wall Street!

so not sure if I should say "why you hitting yourself? why you hitting yourself?"

Hitting myself? Sorry bub i don't do that, i am sitting here with a slight grimace pot meet kettle

And yes I'm claiming all these individuals want free stuff. If you'd like to compare anecdotal evidence of that, then you will lose, and lose badly. And given the fact that you use "herp derp" in a sentence sort of gives it away.

Then prove your claims, the burden of proof is now in your hands. Not that you have any clue what you are talking about or will be able to prove what you are saying. You are projecting ignorance,and using a straw man tactic. . No it does not bode well with you, get to googling now.

Now prove I want free stuff, as well as the next guy

You have proven yourself to be prime example of what OP was discussing

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Because people have became cowards, and they think they need iconic role models to help them move forward... No one thinks for themselves anymore though they believe everything the Government does is for good cause... Corrupted minds will be our downfall.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by peacemind
Frequent Reasons People Defend Unjust, Inept and/or Corrupt Systems (more than one may apply at any given moment):

1. Ignorant to problem
  2. Apathetic to Problem
  3. Scared of Problem
  4. Found way to benefit from Problem
  5. See membership amongst those benefitting from Problem
  6. Fear being on outside of Problem
  7. Causing Problem

BINGO

Precisely, when the motto was "Deny Ignorance" here at ATS it was good times, now we have so many causing the problem here and abroad. I think ATS is attracting a lot more of the kinds of people who want to prove to themselves at all conspiracy are bunk to reinforce denial or enable the problem further. And less and less conspiracy buffs, the PTB really has a hand in the way people think it is scary.

Like pod people

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join