It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God particle hunt breakthrough expected TODAY

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Expect an update on modern science's understanding of the fabric of the universe this lunchtime: physicists working on the Large Hadron Collider will announce their latest findings at 1300 GMT.

The boffins will reveal whether or not their results indicate the existence of the Higgs boson, the "god particle" that gives mass to other particles. The seminar will be webcast from Geneva and a press statement issued at 1430 GMT.

They are not expected to confirm anything conclusive but from a CERN pre-seminar announcement, it seems that the results will be significant:

public.web.cern.ch...

I realy dont know if it will be realy good or just more info.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   
They will announce they are closer to a finding, and due to their models being broken due to breaking the speed of light, new models once considered implausible will be considered in the search which changes the game dramatically.

If you keep up with their announcements and their findings, then these news releases are merely a rehashing of older released announcements that fell short of explaining their results.
edit on 13-12-2011 by EspyderMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   
I don't know about anyone else....but all this particle colliding kinda freaks me out. I mean, it's really cool that we can create those types of things on earth, but shouldn't we just leave well enough alone? If they ever created a black hole or the beginnings of a universe in that thing, who's to say it wouldn't suck up the whole Hadron Collider or the earth itself? Or, if they created a universe, could it actually develop into a universe such as the one we live in today? Would we then end up with an earth like plant and earth like people inside the Hadron Collider? And then what if we were just inside some other universes Hadron Collider??

Hahaha sorry...Had too many coffee's already. :p

But seriously. Let's just leave the particles alone!!!

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Sweevo

I for one am eagerly waiting to hear what they have to say. Of course, it's gonna take many more months of analysis before they release anything concrete, but I've been following particle physics for many years.

One step closer.....

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

It has been found, see thread

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by michael1983l
It has been found, see thread

Technically speaking they dont describe it as "found".

CERN
Rolf Heuer's final remark: these are preliminary results. More data will come in 2012. We have not yet found or disproved the #Higgs.
1 hour ago »

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by TylerDurden2U

Very off topic, but thanks ^^

top topics

join