It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Moderators reading threads as we write them???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Can moderators read threads as we write them in any forum section before we even enter to post them?

Sometimes I'm amazed at how almost instant a thread of mine gets moved when specifically posting in skunk works.

Just curious.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   
I'm pretty sure the answer to that is no. Unless they have got little cameras set up in each of our rooms, and key loggers totrack every post, and then a whole bunch of staff to read every post........it's just the mods are vvery quick to act round here if there is something to act upon. Sometimes this is a good thing, sometimes this is a bad thing.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by WarJohn

Lol.. I think they are just on the ball. I just had a thread of min about the petition to get ron paul on 60 minutes was deleted in a few minutes. I can't actively get people to sign the petition which is kind of dumb since it is just for a t.v. show. I think I can put the link up though just to make people aware of it, as long as I don't ask people to go sign it.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by WarJohn

We don't see anything before anyone else does, and while the staff can be quite quick to notice things sometimes, we are all still mortal.

reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

From the AboveTopSecret.com Terms And Conditions Of Use:

15e.) Recruitment/Solicitation:

i) You will not use your membership in the Websites for any type of recruitment to any causes whatsoever. You will not Post, use the chat feature, use videos, or use the private message system to disseminate advertisements, chain letters, petitions, pyramid schemes, or any kind of solicitation for political action, social action, letter campaigns, or related online and/or offline coordinated actions of any kind.

ii) You will not Post, use the chat feature, use videos, or use the private message system to collect or ask for the personal information (data mining) about forum members, including email addresses and "real life" names, in any manner whatsoever, or for any reason whatsoever.

iii) You will not Post, use the chat feature, use videos, or use the private message system to solicit members of the Websites on behalf of another message board, online community or competitor. You will not attempt to use your membership to encourage or lure other members in any way to other websites or discussion boards in competition with TAN. Doing so will result in removal of your Post(s) and immediate termination of your account.

There have been a LOT of problems with this, ranging from phishing to ad pumping to bait-and-switch solicitations for money, and all such efforts seek to acquire information about our members, from IP addresses to email addresses to real names and addresses in the case of many petition efforts.

So while you may think it's "dumb" that petitions and other forms of member solicitation are prohibited, there are good reasons why it is so.

But I think we're somewhat afield at this point of the question of mods being able to see posts before they are submitted.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Hu, glad you asked this question I have always wondered too! Thanks for the answers as well.
edit on 13-12-2011 by antar because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Majic
But I think we're somewhat afield at this point of the question of mods being able to see posts before they are submitted.

Ah come on... you mean ATS supermods have not been trained in Remote Viewing techniques?

Seriously? Not buying that

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Well as head of the research dept of ATS, I neither can confirm nor deny that we read your thoughts when posting.
Thus we do not actually read the thread or posts when you write them...

If you would just direct your attention here for a moment...

*Do not click this link*

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Ah come on... you mean ATS supermods have not been trained in Remote Viewing techniques?

Seriously? Not buying that

No, it's true! They need the Remote Viewing Glasses to see the threads before they are posted. Unfortunately, I hear that Mirthful Me is always using them to watch 3D movies...

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Acidtastic
I'm pretty sure the answer to that is no. Unless they have got little cameras set up in each of our rooms, and key loggers totrack every post, and then a whole bunch of staff to read every post........it's just the mods are vvery quick to act round here if there is something to act upon. Sometimes this is a good thing, sometimes this is a bad thing.

if I were a CIA or NSA drone, i'd thank you for giving me a most brilliant idea on how to monitor those pesky potential threats to our state and freethinkers.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
A script can easily be embedded into the comments box to show real-time data that is being entered into the field(s) - regardless of whether any data was actually submitted.

Only super mods have the viewing ability though

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by WarJohn

Its the dumbest thing ever,40 mods read your thread and even some answer it,it doesnt get moved and no one is complaining about..and then out the blue you have 1 mod for some reason out 5.5 million mods that have looked at your thread and has also answered it ,finds it in his /her duty to move it because.....?

It should be if 4.8 billion mods didnt think to move it,why should that one mod do it.

Its the biggest goof of all time on this forum, i would say all forums, but this one is the only one that has a trillion mods... a trilion personalities, a trillion diffrent opinions on whats right and whats wrong and what needs to be moved.

I think the mods need to come up with a check system to say to other mods 'i have looked at this thread and i find it suitable enough to stay where the op put it,but when you have all these personalities floating around...it is what it is!

edit on 13-12-2011 by LogiosHermes27 because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-12-2011 by LogiosHermes27 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Acidtastic

Mods lurking and inhibiting Freedom. Like posts just getting pulled off and they don't relay that information to you. Mods doing incantations in the dark on posts (staring glaring devil eyes) on the ones they don't like.

Revenge tactics on posts like a Mod cult designed for something that has to fit NWO or Nata set rules criteria. A post got pulled Cool! Bullys saying the Aristotle system needs to be superior and some of us are like lone Pegasus (that don't want to be herded)..Sugar coated so clean up the oil spill its a double post (or one that offends).

Freedom of Speech is an Amendment. It works good.
(maybe they are reading INTO our posts).
edit on 13-12-2011 by MarkScheppy because: add

new topics

top topics

join