It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. freeze on Pakistan aid unwise-Pakistan senator

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   

U.S. freeze on Pakistan aid unwise-Pakistan senator

www.reuters.com

A decision by a U.S. Congressional panel to freeze $700 million in aid to Pakistan until it gives assurances it is helping fight the spread of homemade bombs in the region could hurt already strained ties, a senior Pakistani senator warned on Tuesday.

"I don't think this is a wise move. It could hurt ties. There should instead be efforts to increase cooperation. I don't see any good coming out of this," Salim Saifullah, chairman of the Senate foreign relations committee, told Reuters.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
tribune.com.pk
topics.dallasnews.com

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   
well for me this does not come as much of a surprise with tensions boiling to the point they have been recently.

I wonder what they think it can achieve overall long term? will it truly stop the bomb making?. I personally do not think it will.

it is definitely sending a message but what exactly?
we aren't gonna fund terrorists anymore,that's a novelty for ya.

I have y own opinions but what do you guys & gals make of this?

things lately have truly been heating up,throw in the recent capture of the American spy drone and this is starting to get interesting and possibly hectic.

www.reuters.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 13-12-2011 by PerfectPerception because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   
We should have stopped giving them this money long ago. All they do with it is fund the taliban.. We can't afford this garbage. Paying our enemies to pretend to be our friends. This country..

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
We should have stopped giving them this money long ago. All they do with it is fund the taliban.. We can't afford this garbage. Paying our enemies to pretend to be our friends. This country..

I agree 100%
It really a shame the way things are and have been going in this country.
I'm hoping for change and fast,let us hope that Ron Paul wins,that man is the only candidate I put any stock and hope in to actually have the chance of turning things around in the states.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   
is this a pakistani american senator if so he should shut his pie hole if he is senator in pakistan well of course they will want free money.i think nties should have been cut when we found out they had been protecting bin laden for last ten years. you cant expect us to keep giveing you money when you keep stabbing us in back.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by PerfectPerception

too late pakistan can get more from china and russia

uncle sugar is out in the cold now that pakistan has new sugar daddies

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   
All our governments fund people when it suits them. This has been seen plenty of times before. Who do you think armed and trained Bin Laden?
The UK is still dealing arms to other countries, even when their Human Rights are lacking and when we can pretty much guarantee they'll be using those weapons against their own people within the next few years, if they're not already.

But, again, it is funny that many want the aid to Pakistan to stop, while the US continues to fund Israel - a country that we know has nukes and refuses to abide by international law in almost every respect.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   
You know this is hysterical. Are we dealing with the mafia here? Freeze all aid to all countries AND stop meddling in their affairs and trying to acquire their resources. This is absolute madness. "Aid" is nothing more than a nice way of saying bribery; we cannot stop aid yet expect to continue doing what we do. Close down all military bases overseas with exception of a few (as in under 5) very important areas. Reduce defense spending (almost half of our budget, are we freaking nuts?), secure the border, put massive tarifs on imported goods, switch over our energy wasting infastructure into one that is more sustainable (local vertical farming for example) which will supply MASSIVE jobs which means more revenue. And finally end the FED. Eliminate all union and big business contributions to any elected office. Establish a return to state rights and diminish Federal power.

Why is that so hard? Name one thing that I mentioned that wouldn't be agree upon by both Democrats and Republicans (And Third Party)?
edit on 13-12-2011 by Chewingonmushrooms because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Why TF are they giving them money anyway?? Stopping US aid would be "unwise?" It has to stop sometime, the question is, why are they giving them our money??

My paycheck is raped to send my hard earned money to people who dont appreciate it.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

Kudos!
Signed and commented!
Hope this hits 15,000 and we get our fair time!

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by sicksonezer0

My paycheck is raped to send my hard earned money to people who dont appreciate it.

Would it make you feel any better to know that we've given Pakistan well over $20 BILLION in aid before cutting this $700 Million?

And this is just the stuff on the official books.

Makes you wonder, how much of that aid was borrowed from China because of deficits and debt in the trillions in the USA.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   

just got done signing that thank you!
would do some good if Ron Paul got the publicity and airtime he deserves.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   
U.S gives them 700 million in aid for them to station their troops on the border, yet countless times per month we hear about Pakistani soldiers working with Taliban on the border region?..

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   
this is a better link to the article -
Link

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   

I posted a link to it on my FB account.
Hopefully it'll get there quickly!

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
reply to post by haarvik

I asked the mod why they deleted my thread and they never responded to me which was pretty lame. I am thinking of creating another, without asking people to sign it but just offering the information, offering the link, and asking what people think.

Be careful, the terms and conditions are quite explicit on these issues...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

15e.) Recruitment/Solicitation:

i) You will not use your membership in the Websites for any type of recruitment to any causes whatsoever. You will not Post, use the chat feature, use videos, or use the private message system to disseminate advertisements, chain letters, petitions, pyramid schemes, or any kind of solicitation for political action, social action, letter campaigns, or related online and/or offline coordinated actions of any kind.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   

top topics

<<   2 >>

join