[WTB] Can't find the words? Just insert a little picture!

page: 1

join

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 07:28 AM
link   
It is an obvious lack of effort when you use pictures in a writing competition.

If you’re not an Artist, do not rely upon little pictures because it is an obvious display of your lack of literal ability. If you can't find the words to express yourself, then meditate whilst holding the dictionary.

It is a writing competition!

If writing ability relies upon pictures; then I may as well throw creativity out of the window and find the hour glass and watch the sand free falling into their unknown.

Instead of inserting a picture of an hour glass, I would like to describe it relying on words:

The glass is so smooth. I feel a sense of delight running my fingers over the curves. It is a strange pleasure and with my eyes closed, I allow my fingers to feel the texture. Opening my eyes, I watch the sand trickle down to form it's own expression. I continue to watch with awe as the sand is forced by gravity down to the base. The sand's moment of destiny manifests into a pyramid.

It is a profound moment when all of the sand is reunited and I feel reluctant to turn it over. The desire to turn it over is greater than my reluctance not to and I turn it upside down abruptly. The sand is unsettled once more and yet, it seems as though there is order in chaos as it begins to filter through the tiny hole.
edit on 13/12/2011 by Thurisaz because: sp

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 07:44 AM
link   
A picture in a writing contest? Where?

As his head slowly went down on its neck articulations, his left hand, the one that is said to be in league with the Evil One himself, went the opposite way. In a manner of seconds, the dreaded hand came crashing down, or rather up, on his forehead, resonating with a somewhat semi-loud clap, indicating that despite the apparent violence of his move, it was all done in control of the message it conveyed...

I agree it would have no place! Images made by words can send you on a journey of a life time.

Or do comics like I do. But enter it in a comics contest.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by NowanKenubi
As his head slowly went down on its neck articulations, his left hand, the one that is said to be in league with the Evil One himself, went the opposite way. In a manner of seconds, the dreaded hand came crashing down, or rather up, on his forehead, resonating with a somewhat semi-loud clap, indicating that despite the apparent violence of his move, it was all done in control of the message it conveyed...

Images made by words can send you on a journey of a life time.

I really enjoyed reading the paragraph and laughed.

If you had inserted a picture it would not/could not convey that.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Thurisaz

Thank you!

Putting the picture of what I described would have been insulting to your post by the fact it was something easy to do, and been a form of petition against your point.

I had fun writing it too! You are its father/mother/whatevernowadays! too, you know!

join