It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kevin Rudd sister's quits over gay marriage.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Just found this upon checking my E-mail.

Here is an excerpt:

Loree Rudd sent a letter to her Nambour branch last week after the party voted in support of a policy shift at the ALP national conference earlier in December. Ms Rudd said she supported laws to fight discrimination against the homosexual community, but did not believe gay marriage was good for society. "To make that huge leap from their rights to breaking a commandment of Moses, to say homosexuals' relationships are marriage, is utter nonsense," Fairfax quoted Ms Rudd as saying.

Source

I for one am glad someone like her has quit politics. Ok, she may not have quit altogether (the article only mentions she quit the labor party), but she may find herself more at home perhaps in Tony Abbots' company. It is frankly lunacy, to apply ancient and ignorant beliefs upon todays society. So good riddance.

Australia has quite a large population of openly gay people, and I wish them all the best in their pursuit of happiness. Though a lot of people would think getting married isn't a step in the right direction for attaining said happiness.

To all Christians replying.

If you have a problem with anything I'm saying, here's the deal.

If I'm wrong, I'm goin' to hell. If I'm not wrong then you all owe me a coke.

edit on 13-12-2011 by BoneMosaic because: Added source

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 07:25 AM
link   
It always makes me chuckle that these people are elected to represent their people, but they systematically fail to represent the society they live in effectively.

I still don't understand why religion is permitted in politics like this in our modern age. When you look at the numbers of people who actually engage in religious practice, it makes no sense to have what is effectively a tiny religious sect being elected to govern millions who don't believe.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 07:32 AM
link   
IMO, there's no place in politics for religion or bigotry. I wish Ms. Rudd could convince some of our more religiously-motivated candidates to quit...
Religion is control and by definition, anti-freedom and anti-equality.
edit on 12/13/2011 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by BoneMosaic

Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

In any case. I've always said. The gay community needs to fight fire with fire.
Start a church. Have a pink pope, whatever.
And one of the church's tenants is the support of gay marriage.
Demand equal treatment just like every other religion.
If they don't get it. Sue.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Thanks guys for the replies. Glad to hear that you agree.

If you are done no harm there should be no problem. I'm straight, on the inside I giggle if I see a gay couple holding hands or kissing in public. But It's not causing me harm or negatively impacting my life so why shouldn't gay people not be allowed to marry?

I honestly don't see the point in marriage between anyone anyway. You wanna be with someone, be with them.

Why should you have to undergo some ceremony? So your children won't be known as bastards? And what the hell is that anyway? Cave people weren't married, so we're all born out of wedlock essentially.

Anyways thanks again.

edit on 13-12-2011 by BoneMosaic because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by BoneMosaic

If I'm wrong, I'm goin' to hell. If I'm not wrong then you all owe me a coke.

edit on 13-12-2011 by BoneMosaic because: Added source

No. The simple fact is that Christians have grown too tolerant. We have allowed scum to use "Rules for Radical's" against us far too well. That is ending now. The curve is turning and history is flipping over to the next page.

top topics

join