It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deadly blasts rock central Liege in Belgium

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Headline in the Newark, NJ Star-Ledger from a week ago(12-5-11):

www.nj.com...
"En route to Belgium, woman caught with 5 grenades in Newark airport"
Baggage screeners at Newark Liberty International Airport seized five inoperable grenades packed in a checked bag by a woman flying to Belgium, the Transportation Security Administration said today. ....

Coincidence? Synchronicity? Complicity?
edit on 13-12-2011 by starviego because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

I deny having tried to denigrate anyone

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

What I thought as well.

Except one of the killers is Black North Africa and used the chilled out justice system to kill the locals!

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hessdalen
reply to post by detachedindividual

possible - ak-47s and smoke/flash-granades isn't really islamic-style...

Are you kidding?
Just look at what they used in India during the hotel massacre!

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by fiftyfifty
#liege (Twitter) there are a couple of theories and snippets of info. As stated by the BBC, it seems grenades were thrown into a crowd on a busy street. One theory is that it may be related to an honour killing sentence of a Pakistani family although I would take that with a pinch of salt at the moment.

Anybody want Sharia law? It's so trendy these days.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by KonquestAbySS
reply to post by Aeons

Dude allah akbar? Stop it already he wasn't saying that, and he wasn't Islamic either. So don't jump to a Islamic Terrorist conclusion, he was just butt hurt because his girl broke up with him, and he was depressed...

LA Now
edit on 13-12-2011 by KonquestAbySS because: (no reason given)

What his motives are less interesting to me.
What bothers me is that YET AGAIN there's been a killer on the loose and no-one had an neither the opportunity nor the legal right to conceal carry weapons that could of STOPPED this nutcase in his tracks.

It's funny, people lament the deaths, but not the means that could stop a spree killer.
It's like, as soon as you say 'Well stop them doing it with an armed citizenry' they get all cold and quesy, like they want the magic policemen to make it go away but not their own neighbors.

Europe has (with the exception of the Swiss and the Czechs) zero-armed response from the people most likely to be killed by spree-killers.
By the time the cops get there, 9 times out of 10, it's all over.

But instead the media crow's and sqwarks about guns this and that the killer used. How about getting some guns in the hands of the people you idiots!

Here's where you have the bad guy's on the run, not the other way around!

en.wikipedia.org...

Spree killers don't do well against armed citizens, unless they do it in gun free zones....
edit on 13-12-2011 by WatchRider because: link edit

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Moroccan born criminal immigrant throws grenades and showers shoppers with bullets from Kalashnikov at a Christmas Market.

Terrorism is not considered to be the cause.

In unrelated news, three men are try to make escape from the Palais de Justice nearby.

In further unrelated news, a Karachi news outlet claims that this event is in response to honour killing verdict the day before.

These are still not the droids you are looking for.
edit on 2011/12/13 by Aeons because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by WatchRider

Watchrider, I will have you know that such untempered ideas are considered McVeigh-ian. When evil occurs, police have transporters that instantly beam them to the scene of the crime.

Now I will give this, with the number of people who misidentify "extra shooters" I'd be REAL concerned about one of these armed citizens suddenly deciding that my instincts didn't look right to them and they are feeling twitchy.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

The Droids that need to be found require the ball's of a government wishing to restore individual gun rights to responsible individuals.
Not an armed response that can take ages to actually do something.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by sunshinesmile

And people call Americans the racists and the bigots.

Amazing.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons

Watchrider, I will have you know that such untempered ideas are considered McVeigh-ian. When evil occurs, police have transporters that instantly beam them to the scene of the crime.

Now I will give this, with the number of people who misidentify "extra shooters" I'd be REAL concerned about one of these armed citizens suddenly deciding that my instincts didn't look right to them and they are feeling twitchy.

Trust me, I'll take possible twitchy fingers (which you can train and have competent shooters out of) than NO fingers on triggers.

Remember that spree killer in the tower in Texas?
Well one of the reason's he had such a hard time up there was because the locals were able to rush to their trucks, get out hunting rifles and lay down gunfire on his position.
He couldn't get many shots off then, and it helped the police close in and rush his position....

A final point to consider is that spree killers may even decide not to go on the rampage if their targets are already armed.

The Europeans, in general need to drop the 'we are better than the states' mentality.
The USA has it's faults, but while I was living there you knew that people have a heck of a lot more defensive and 'safety rights' than 'you must be defenceless' Euroland.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by starviego

Those were paper weights.
Grenade shaped paper weights. Silly.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   

If he's Moroccan as his name suggests, he's Arabic/Berber.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   
What horrible, evil people to commit such an atrocity in Belgium.

Whatever petri dish of a community they arose from DESERVES to be uprooted and expelled.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Crime Statistics : Murders with firearms (most recent) by country

For a bit of perspective on how carrying a gun is protective or deterrent :

in 2002, murder with firearms,

in the USA : 9 369
the European country with the highest number is Germany : 269

The US has probably ten times more murders with firearms than the EU and the EU is more populated.

Anyway, there is a large and irreconcilable cultural gap on this issue.
Me, I wouldn't tell Americans which stance to have, do the choice for yourself.

When a killing spree happens in the US, many in Europe say that happens because everyone has a gun. It's the same argument reversed.

I think the argument is wrong both ways.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Your geography to population numbers make the comparison you just made utterly ridiculous.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

His name can be found in Morocco and Algeria. But in Belgium, he probably has Moroccan roots.
It would be interesting to know if he's born in Belgium or if he is an immigrant. It makes a difference.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dbriefed
What horrible, evil people to commit such an atrocity in Belgium.

Whatever petri dish of a community they arose from DESERVES to be uprooted and expelled.

In this case, Person. As in Singular.

He has CHOICES. He chose this. His new country had choices too - when he turned out to be a weapon's dealing drug pusher they could have revoked his citizenship.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

That's because you have no intent to understand it or read the link.
I have not compared the USA and Germany

edit on 13-12-2011 by Manouche because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-12-2011 by Manouche because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Manouche

It does. I believe I read that he was an immigrant.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join