It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Life Review

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 05:17 AM
link   
Some people believe that when we die, we are presented with an opportunity to review key events in our lives that helped shape our fate. This might take place before a Divine Creator, Our True Selves or something else. Think of it as a Life video player. Events can be loaded, paused, zoomed in and out, rewound etc. to revisit a key moment in your life. All beings present at or around the event can be examined and analysed. Details about the event and the context can be recalled instantly.

Assuming this Life Review does take place after we die, how would this work?

- Would it be in first person, third person or a combination of multiple views like we experience in dreams?
- Would we be able to interact with the subjects that we are witnessing?
- Could we change our behaviour or the way we reacted to a certain event?
- Do we need to explain ourselves or justify our actions to another entity?
- Do we get to choose which events are considered "key" or are they chosen for us?

What greater purpose would this Life Review serve for us?

Thoughts?

edit on 13/12/2011 by Dark Ghost because: formatting

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 05:29 AM
link   
Well it is just an experience of your whole life, but rather than how it is for you now when you have the review you will experience what I not you felt when I read this thread.

You experience everything you have ever said, done, thought from everyone elses points of view, animals, people, nature, the pain pleasure, sadness, hope, confidence, fear whatever you caused.

It becomes very apparent at that moment when we have been running around worrying about ourselves "poor me" or "I want" that was not the whole point of the game as such, that is the illusion.

All that seemed to matter at that time was everyone and everything else, even if I had a right to be "angry" or "Upset" at something in the review I did not feel that just the 3rd person (to infinity) point of view 100% empathy, you are them see it through their eyes, feelings etc.

It is obvious what the lessons and reasons are.

The Ego is the illusion the great deceptor the "devil" or whatever you want to call it, but I dont mean martyr yourselves or feel unworthy, just be in love with yourself but also all others and no more or less.

Love

Elf

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 05:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Dark Ghost

Rationally, I feel that this 'life review' is nothing more than memory purge for shutdown.

NDEs where People experience a shutdown of some sort and then come back to physical function share with all that they have seen.

I am skeptical for I have had my own experience and as incredible as it was; it was everything I needed it to be and based upon all of my beliefs.

Find me a Buddhist that has an NDE and goes to heaven where God/Angels are black. It just doesn't happen. Each culture has it's own beliefs and these beliefs manifest into brain visuals upon death or NDE.

The brain is a remarkable organism: it knows what you need and will give you that. Death is scarey because it is unknown and so the brain gives us 'comforters' so we die peacefully. A person might see their deceased relatives, that makes sense because the brain connects finality with those that have died.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 06:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Thurisaz

wile i agree i will argue that the subconciousness from an early age stays in the background on the sidelines watching your personality grow and at the right moment it inserts things into our perception that will help us move along and better grow, an NDE being one obvious way but i digress, the big picture here is, why? why must the brain so elaborately become involved with building a positive personality? in what other animals is it evident if at all, that the brain wants to facilitate, and help grow an independent personality, to the same degree the human brain does? its almost as if hypothetically our brains have a "guardian program" to facilitate our individual journey here, and it most likely serves to protect our brains from the mass amount of info and chaos going on around us, providing "shelter" and "organization" so our brains can funnel, divide and analyze all data being presented to our senses! but again, why?

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 06:23 AM
link   
Interesting thread, I see no reason why the system of which you speak is not accessible now. How would you build a system to represent what has occurred throughout space-time? Assuming the restriction that one may not have access to control space-time to review ones life sequence ala scrooge or other such stories then, the gamut of electromagnetic radiation the human system can interpret is limited and further we already posses the ability to represent both imagined and real moments of space-time well you might end up here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 06:57 AM
link   
I like to believe that the past is not fixed, and that the past also comes back to us in cycles - for example, you might have done something to harm someone at a specific time, and then in the future, the same choice to harm someone else occurs, a repeat of the last instance. If you replay that past experience, and choose not to harm that person, then effectivley you are changing the past to correct the future and the choices (and consequences) that lay ahead. That being said, I beleive, "karmically" speaking, that we are given many chances throughout our lifetimes - often I look back and recall certain things that I have said and done, and I imagine either seeking forgiveness for it, or visualising the past, to mentally go back in time and change the chain of events, which will, in turn, change the future consequences.

new topics

top topics

join