It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CERN Announces Important Press Release - TODAY, Dec. 13th

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   
They should have built the LHC in outer space, it is but a simulator on earth.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
reply to post by homeskillet

I'd rather see the money go to more useful projects like the Space Programs that have given us so much over the years, but understanding the Universe around us is important also.

You just complaining to be complaining? Too much coffee? Smile and your day will go better.

im complaining? im being realistic. im one of those who are patiently waiting for the big news but i understand these things take time. i'm trying not to be cynical like some people posting here. thinking this is all about justifying "glamorous" science guy salaries because they dont understand (or care to try) the complexities of nature is really foolish. hey, i would love to see all these amazing things happen in my lifetime but im dealing with the fact i may not.

also, id love to see the space program expanded but just because they are using this machine to learn about our beginnings doesnt mean the knowledge gained wont help that cause. it happens in steps. some bigger than others.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
I predict a message in this vein while they pass round their hat asking for more funding.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Tonight on ABC Nightly News, Diane Sawyer announced that the scientists at CERN had found something, which she referred to as "The God Particle" but said they don't yet know enough about it to say much more.

When I went to the CERN press release, it seemed much more lackluster than her announcement. The newscast had led me to believe something much more profound had happened.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join