It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My neighbor's dog.[WTB]

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by diamondsmith

Okay, I give. Where are you from? I am from New York (upstate not the city) and if I called the police right now on someone who was abusing animals it would take them no longer than 30 minutes to respond to my call. Not all cops are bad if that's what your getting at, it speaks true especially to the K-9 patrol team.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Irish614

TextOkay, I give
Where I am from...that's highly classified,but don't worry I will find a solution,thank you anyway for you good thought!!!

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   

For the dogs sake don't try and please everyone. That is a road to failure. Do what is best for the dog and the dog alone. Worry more about the dog than yourself and your neighbour. Doing the right thing isn't always easy, but it's always worth it.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Dude wth! Just go and grab the dog, if the owner hasn't been there for 3 months then he does not care about his dog, go get it. Just take it to the humane society. I almost think this is a bs thread written by a toddler looking for kicks.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Oh good lord, get over your fear already and do what's right. If the police come around just say the dog had been abandoned and you were caring for it until the owner returned to claim it. Just go over there and lift the dog over the dang fence, bring it home and take care of it. Easy peasy.. If the owner comes back around give the dog back or just let them know that you thought it had been abandoned and saw that no one was feeding or caring for it so you stepped in to help out.

No need to make it some big thing. You act as though someone is going to just drop out of the sky if you dare cross that fence. Obviously the dog has been abandoned if no one has been there for three flippin months, no one is going to do a damned thing. Including you from the sounds of it...

Also Old English Shepherds are susceptible to skin problems and allergies. What have you been feeding it? Go get some good quality dry dog food and 'if' you rescue this poor dog, give it a bath with oatmeal shampoo. Don't use something like baby shampoo thinking it will be gentle, it's really not all that gentle on skin. Just cheapy walmart brand oatmeal shampoo or body wash should do wonders!

edit on 13-12-2011 by MaMaa because: (adding more)

edit on 13-12-2011 by MaMaa because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Atzil321

in that direct order, i agree

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phayte

For the dogs sake don't try and please everyone. That is a road to failure. Do what is best for the dog and the dog alone. Worry more about the dog than yourself and your neighbour. Doing the right thing isn't always easy, but it's always worth it.
I will do what is good for dog,but in the same time I have to respect the law,even if the law doesn't respect me!

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   
5 pages of tripe. This is absolute bull#.
The op is stringing you folk along !
3 months the owner hasn't been there and op is scared to go and rescue the dog.
GIVE ME A BREAK !!

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quoop
Dude wth! Just go and grab the dog, if the owner hasn't been there for 3 months then he does not care about his dog, go get it. Just take it to the humane society. I almost think this is a bs thread written by a toddler looking for kicks.
The dog is here,after these fence,I cannot 'grab him',it's not that easy.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   

TextNo need to make it some big thing. You act as though someone is going to just drop out of the sky if you dare cross that fence. Obviously the dog has been abandoned if no one has been there for three flippin months, no one is going to do a damned thing. Including you from the sounds of it...
reply to post by MaMaa

No,I really did something...you can do the right thing ,but in the end could be the worst,so I have to think about it!!

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Norry
GIVE ME A BREAK !!
It's not that easy,and yes, three months,we are adults not kids, to act without thinking!

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
If he hasn't been back for three months...lol I'd just walk over and take it.

And if he comes back and asks, tell him that you just ratified the "Personal Doctrine of [Enter your name here]," which is an official recognized document between the operating governmental body of your own personal consciousness.

Article A, section 2, sub-heading b, entitled "Personal Acquisition of Pets," officially states:

1a.) In accordance with animal deceny laws (see paragraph bY2.09 of this document in Article AAX, section 939, sub-heading tz), any abuse, mistreatment, or danger brought upon a household pet or animal deemed appropriate, is annexed immediately upon claim.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by DocEmrick
If he hasn't been back for three months...lol I'd just walk over and take it.

And if he comes back and asks, tell him that you just ratified the "Personal Doctrine of [Enter your name here]," which is an official recognized document between the operating governmental body of your own personal consciousness.

Article A, section 2, sub-heading b, entitled "Personal Acquisition of Pets," officially states:

1a.) In accordance with animal deceny laws (see paragraph bY2.09 of this document in Article AAX, section 939, sub-heading tz), any abuse, mistreatment, or danger brought upon a household pet or animal deemed appropriate, is annexed immediately upon claim.

There are laws and laws....as there are people and people,a certain action could attract a reaction that could oppose with the intentions!!!

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   

GIVE ME A BREAK !!

Dunno if I'd pin a 3 month old member as a troll, but stranger things have happened.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   

What country do you live in? Sorry if I missed it earlier in the thread.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Mod note:

Let's not get personal, OK?

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Well, if we can't get personal and look up the local statutes regarding the saving of endangered and mistreated pets I'll have to put it a little more plainly I suppose.

Go. Take. The. [snip] Dog.
edit on 13/12/11 by masqua because: Removed censor circumvention

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by diamondsmith

TextNo need to make it some big thing. You act as though someone is going to just drop out of the sky if you dare cross that fence. Obviously the dog has been abandoned if no one has been there for three flippin months, no one is going to do a damned thing. Including you from the sounds of it...
reply to post by MaMaa

No,I really did something...you can do the right thing ,but in the end could be the worst,so I have to think about it!!

It takes you three months to think this sort of thing through? I mean I get having concern that your trespassing, but most people are understanding of the need to trespass to save the life of an animal, even police. I mean no offense, but it seems you life in fear of the police and the very idea of trespassing has you looking over your shoulder waiting for someone to bust you! The dog has been abandoned, there are laws against such things. Going and rescuing the dog is far less a crime than what the owner has done and I can not imagine there will be a single person to notice that you rescued the dog. Clearly no one is sitting around waiting for the dog to be rescued so they can arrest them for trespassing.

Where on earth do you live that you live in such fear of what 'might' happen that you are too afraid to save an animal?

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Please just go and get the dog, dig a hole and be done with it.

You are asking us for advice but not telling us where your from so how can we advise you as your country will have different laws to others.

As many others have said, you must act soon.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   

GIVE ME A BREAK !!
To agree,or not to agree that's the dilemma.Are money more important then...To like or to dislike.It's just a poor dog,that I help,not Shakespeare,,,Oh poor Ophelia!!

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join