It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Airforce receive first order of Massive Ordnance Penetrator Bombs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 03:19 AM
link   
These babies look awesome, I'd love to see one used...

The weapon's explosive power is 10 times greater than its bunker-buster predecessor, the BLU-109. And it is nearly five tons heavier than the 22,600-pound GBU-43 MOAB surface bomb, sometimes called the "mother of all bombs".

Here is a link to the full Article :-

Clicking Please

There are other Threads about it's developement here on ATS, but this news is new..

Peace

Rock Ape

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 04:17 AM
link   
314 million dollars wasted. We need to stop wasting money figuring out new ways to kill each other.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 04:27 AM
link   
Bet that would work pretty good against hardened ICBM silos once thought invulnerable. May be the thing i need to get rid of these damn ground hogs once and for all

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 04:32 AM
link   
reply to post by StratosFear

I do believe your thinking of the "Bunny Buster" version....

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 05:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rock Ape
These babies look awesome, I'd love to see one used...

please tell me this is a joke.
and if you mean it
then could you explain exactly why this could be anything except yet another inhuman atrocity?

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010
314 million dollars wasted. We need to stop wasting money figuring out new ways to kill each other.

thanks OP for your thread and thanks buster2010 for your reply . this i find to be one of the wisest quotes ive read in a long time , just imagine where we'd be at if all the money , time , and resources wasted on war machinery since the times of bows&arrows had been spent on trying to bring health , joy and wealth to as many people as possible ...

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
I have no love for military tactics since the invention of the firearm, but of all the dirty, stinking, gutless, pukestained spineless wastes of flesh I have ever heard of, someone who is prepared to kill a man from the sky, rather than split his head with an axe pretty much tops the filth list.

Someone who wants to do it with extreme power at his disposal of this nature? Let me tell you something folks... if we had come out of the primordial ooze this lazy, we would never have evolved at all.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
we should put our savings together and buy some of these.

so we can blast out the NWO out of their bunkers after 2012 happened

we´re such a great species!
always coming up with more ingenious ways to kill eachother, how very intelligent of us.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   

INDEED, wonder who they are for, smh

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Ready for Iran and North Korea, the only two ``logical`` targets.

Of course they could be used against China and Russia but that would mean nuclear war. So I'll go with Iran.

And this was from NOVEMBER 16...
edit on 13-12-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Obscene, disgusting, disheartening and downright criminal.
Sometimes (quite often) I despair about the direction humans are taking.
Surely, one of the defining attributes of homo sapiens sapiens is that we can reason, that we can get over our animal tendencies towards violence and greed. Otherwise we just become another animal, content to prey upon each other.
Warmongers, war-enablers, and those who choose to fight in them disgust me.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

"true" story in my "opinion" , too "bad" "everything" on ats is just a theory or a funny fictional fudge of words
intermingled with nonsense on no levels at all . or is that a "good" thing ?
i'll probably find the answer if i turn off my tv right now . im not that familiar with american television but
from what ive seen german television really is the dumbest school of thought i ever had the pleasure to watch .
cant match that stuff about foxnews i read recently regarding rugged palmtrees n sh|t though .
american media is one hell of a nutracker to decipher .

///troll rant end

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

Yet civilizations grow from understanding how to kill each other better. Go back to your sticks and stones. That, or start figuring out a way to have peace with people who want to kill us.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 03:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by GambitVII
reply to post by buster2010

Yet civilizations grow from understanding how to kill each other better. Go back to your sticks and stones. That, or start figuring out a way to have peace with people who want to kill us.

Since when does war mean 'growth'?

And turn of FOX news, people don't want t kill you.
They don't hate you for your freedoms.
They don't hate you because of your beliefs.

Get some fresh air.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by kn0wh0w
Get some fresh air.

Get back inside and get some research done. Here's some just for laughs.
www.cracked.com...

Much of our technological innovations that help modern civilizations today came from figuring out how to better kill each other. Something as simple as our highway system was a result of our government figuring out how to land our military aircraft & airforce one during an emergency.

No body wants to be a victim of war, but the fact is people disagree henceforth war is the product. Basic economic principle of scarcity here, not everyone can afford to love each other.

Go ahead people and make your next post. Quite frankly if you believe so strongly about all of this, you shouldn't even be using the internet. Mostly everything we use today are products of being able to effectively use technology for the purpose of maintaining the advantage at war.

Your all so blind as to ignore the fact that learning how build technology for destruction also helps us understand how we can build technology that would help maintain/establish peace. This is independent of anyone's opinion whether were for war OR against. Second, if any of you are really seeking the truth, then start seeking both sides of the story. No one has to LIKE war to appreciate what we've gained out of it. If it troubles anyone that much, you can stop using the internet right now.

I'll just stop here, there are no truth seekers here. Only one sided peace-mongers and their propaganda. Once again, no one has to be pro-war to understand that humans can achieve greater heights when we survive the harsher things in life.

edit on 14-12-2011 by GambitVII because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by GambitVII

Originally posted by kn0wh0w
Get some fresh air.

Get back inside and get some research done. Here's some just for laughs.
www.cracked.com...

Much of our technological innovations that help modern civilizations today came from figuring out how to better kill each other. Something as simple as our highway system was a result of our government figuring out how to land our military aircraft & airforce one during an emergency.

No body wants to be a victim of war, but the fact is people disagree henceforth war is the product. Basic economic principle of scarcity here, not everyone can afford to love each other.

Go ahead people and make your next post. Quite frankly if you believe so strongly about all of this, you shouldn't even be using the internet. Mostly everything we use today are products of being able to effectively use technology for the purpose of maintaining the advantage at war.

Your all so blind as to ignore the fact that learning how build technology for destruction also helps us understand how we can build technology that would help maintain/establish peace. This is independent of anyone's opinion whether were for war OR against. Second, if any of you are really seeking the truth, then start seeking both sides of the story. No one has to LIKE war to appreciate what we've gained out of it. If it troubles anyone that much, you can stop using the internet right now.

I'll just stop here, there are no truth seekers here. Only one sided peace-mongers and their propaganda. Once again, no one has to be pro-war to understand that humans can achieve greater heights when we survive the harsher things in life.

"not everyone can afford to love each other"

thanks , this is one of the most realistic yet one of the saddest quotes i read in here since i joined .
that basically puts what's wrong with our world in a nutshell . some people can't afford it because they don't have the financial means , others because their ego won't allow them to admit mistakes they themselves made which then again can be explained through some traumatic event in the past and "having love for yourself" albeit giving the impression of a self-centered , megalomaniac buttmunch can be transformed into respecting one's mind body and soul to the fullest while also respecting others.
and imo its difficult , if not impossible to have respect (HAVE , not fake) for anyone if you don't respect yourself
chiggidy-check-yo-self-befo'-yo-wreck-yo-self

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 02:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Rock Ape

Pretty awesome and now they can't hide underground. Did they say was finished I didn't read that part that I think still under development. If Iran doesn't abandon its nuclear program soon they may be on the receiving end of one of these.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 03:35 AM
link   

These are not new, as they are based on the WW2 Earthquake bombs designed by Barns Wallis.. which is something people miss and what really makes this development worrying for me.

E.g. The T12 Cloudmaker (nearly 20 tons) built by the US was the last in the line of Earthquake bombs that where made obsolete at the end of WW2 by the introduction of nuclear weapons, the latest Trident and new arming fuse is a more capable weapon for hardened targets (if we are looking at comparisons)

So to resurrect a obsolete design like the Earthquake bomb after some 60 years is in my opinion more worrisome than the creation of a new weapon as it gives me the impression they are seeking specific ways to destroy specific targets without provoking a nuclear response.

-----------------------------

As an aside for those looking for images/video of what this weapon can do look up either Tall Boy (5 ton medium Earthquake bomb) or Grand Slam (10 ton large Earthquake bomb)

These are scary weapons given their use in destroying large structures as well as hardened targets.

edit on 19/12/11 by thoughtsfull because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   
More toys for them boys. Would yall say so? If it goes boom, and does it better than its predecessor - well you get the point...

top topics

join