It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anonymous Press Release Concerning the Situation in Greece

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flavian

Originally posted by Eurisko2012
reply to post by WalterRatlos

Greece is small potatoes.

France and Germany can afford to write it off as a loss.

Jump now!!!

Start Monday morning at --- zero ---. Default on everything. Sorry this situation is desperate.
We are out. Wait for the complaining, then say sorry we are out. Sue us!
--------
Then start over with zero debt and a mountain of Drachmas.

Then choose your path wisely. Don't repeat the same mistakes.

The problem is though that it isn't Greece who decide how much that mountain of Drachmas is worth - it is the world markets.

For example, Greece could declare that a Drachma is worth 2 Euros. If the global markets do not agree, then Greece has to look at it again and re evaluate to maybe 2 Drachmas being worth 1 Euro, and so on.

Do you see the problem here? Even if Greece chooses this option, there is no easy way out of the debt. And believe me, that is exactly how the global markets would react to Greece defaulting and restoring the Drachma. The result would be the new currency being just as worthless short term as the Euro is currently in Greece, with costs of living soaring and a potential bout of hyper inflation.

I keep saying it (and it gives me NO pleasure), whatever happens now, the Greek people are going to suffer for quite a few years to come (potentially a couple of decades).

It's not a silver bullet solution but it is the best long term plan.

Jump now!

Whatever happens......just happens.
--------
There will be a huge sigh of relief when they break away from the Euro.

You know a long time ago, Greece got along just fine WITHOUT the Euro. Remember???
edit on 16-12-2011 by Eurisko2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

Oh i know and they would again if they so choose.......eventually.

That is the only point i am making. Well, that and being realistic by saying that if Greece defaults (which it probably should and can't avoid) the markets won't be too forgiving.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flavian
reply to post by Eurisko2012

Oh i know and they would again if they so choose.......eventually.

That is the only point i am making. Well, that and being realistic by saying that if Greece defaults (which it probably should and can't avoid) the markets won't be too forgiving.

They need to do it quick. It's like pulling off a band-aid.

At first there would be a quick yell. " Ouch !!!!"
Then, okay i feel better now.

They need someone to lead them down the correct path.

----------
I fear Greece will choose the wrong path of simply delaying the inevitable.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by WalterRatlos

Pretty well said! Congrats!!! If people want to believe what their televisions serve them for breakfast that's their right. But our right is to explain that not everything their TV says is true.
Even though we can't beat propaganda, some people do understand and do see the situation the way it really is.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   
I found this link that showes exactly who owes what to whom. If you click on a country's name, will instantly appear the debt of this particular country. So, enough, let's see what is really happening in economics.
Here's the link:

www.bbc.co.uk...

\

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Imogene72
I found this link that showes exactly who owes what to whom. If you click on a country's name, will instantly appear the debt of this particular country. So, enough, let's see what is really happening in economics.
Here's the link:

www.bbc.co.uk...

\

excellent link..

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by cerebralassassins

Great link. Greece is a mess.

Just stop with the band aids and solve the problem.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012
reply to post by cerebralassassins

Great link. Greece is a mess.

Just stop with the band aids and solve the problem.

lets see now how to begin, do i simply pull the plug on the backbone of greece isolating it from the Internet for several hours and the name of anon, would that grab their attention...no it wont....would umm....i dont know perhaps if the people stormed the parliament get there attention...yes i would.

Hey we found a solution.

<< 3  4  5   >>

join