It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saudi Arabian Woman Beheaded For Sorcery-Is This TOO Savage?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   
I personally am all for the death penalty. However it seems that Amnesty International thinks the beheading of a woman for sorcery was over the line. The article states that a woman was beheaded in Oct. for killing her husband. I can see beheading for that but for sorcery? I guess they have their laws and they must be followed, but with Amnesty speaking out about this, how long untill there is a call for an intervention? TRY NEVER! Thats because the US cannot go against Saudi Arabia (who by the way just said they will aquire nuclear weapons) because of the deal between them and the US. We buy their oil, they agree to trade their oil in the USD. Its that simple. So because of this, Saudi Arabias like the spoiled, undisciplined brother of the middle east. So what do ATSers think? Is beheading too savage? Should the world mind their own bussiness? www.aljazeera.com...

Saudi Arabia is an absolute monarchy with no written criminal code. Its law is based on a form of Islamic sharia law, as interpreted by the country's judges.

edit on 12-12-2011 by AllUrChips because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-12-2011 by AllUrChips because: spellin

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by AllUrChips

I can think of a few criminals in the US that could use a good beheading.

Even though it’s barbaric to witness, truth be told it’s actually a painless, instant death. If I was facing the death penalty, I’d rather go that way than firing squad, burning at the stake, hanging or the electric chair.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Nothing to see here. Just the benevolent, peaceful religion of islam.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

You know I was thinking I might radther have the beheading as well, Quick!

edit on 12-12-2011 by AllUrChips because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Maybe a bit "savage" for sorcery, but I guess it's better than getting burned at the stake for it.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Many interesting points here..

First, yes - Saudi has said they'll go for a nuke. They've said it ever since Iran starting trying to get one. The Saudi stance between the lines has always been, "Stop Iran from getting a nuke cause we'll build one if they do."

Second, I'm not too cool with beheading for sorcery. But that is the kind of stuff you get when you have that type of government. (Rule by religious code aka Theocracy.)

Third - No, we aren't going to do or say squat about it due to the oil and the $ trade you mentioned.

What will be really interesting ( and scary) is if Iran and Saudi both get nukes. Two religious nutcase countries, that don't like each other and each has a nuke.. what could possibly go wrong?

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   

However it seems that Amnesty International thinks the beheading of a woman for sorcery was over the line.
The nerve!

This is why I LOL every time someone on ATS moans about the horrors of our police state.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
sounds quick and painless to me
it's got my seal of approval

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

I think i have heard that the person can retain consciousness after beheading, Id go with firing squad.

So while it's not entirely impossible for someone to still be conscious after being decapitated, it's not likely. Hillman also goes on to point out that the so-called painless guillotine is likely anything but. He states that "death occurs due to separation of the brain and spinal cord, after transection of the surrounding tissues. This must cause acute and possibly severe pain." This is one of the reasons why the guillotine, and beheading in general, is no longer an accepted method of execution in many countries with capital punishment.

source

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

You can’t receive pain signals from nerve endings that are no longer connected to your brain?

I’ve never been shot but I’ve seen people shot…looked awfully painful from where I was standing! You don’t die instantly from a gunshot unless it’s to the head, and I think firing squads aim for the chest. Besides, most people are not very good marksmen, so there’s always that chance that one could…..let’s say….travel SOUTH.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Perhaps it wouldn't be unreasonable to think that if she felt that strongly about following a Faith she knew was banned under penalty of death...or a Faith which could reasonably be mistaken or misunderstood, and get her executed, she should have moved.

When living in a nation that considers it perfectly reasonable to execute criminals and dismember living ones (hands...being among the various things removed by blade in the public square) it's a REAL safe thing to assume that pushing for change is pushing for an early exit from life. Likewise..when in THE center of the entire Islamic religion (Mecca...Medina..and other things make Saudi that), it's probably wise not to stand up in favor of an entirely different faith. After all, sects within Islam consider it VERY reasonable to brutally murder anyone who simply doesn't agree....let alone actually follow a competing Faith with enthusiasm on their 'sacred soil'.

Yikes.... Failing ALL THAT...... Saudi Arabia isn't Iran....the next one may want to seriously consider seeking political asylum prior to arrest and execution. Just a thought.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeussusZ
Maybe a bit "savage" for sorcery, but I guess it's better than getting burned at the stake for it.

It's not over the top for "sorcery" at all. It is imperative that they scare the population enough so they will not dabble in the spirit world, as this is reserved for those who run the show only.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

China's a great place to go for your firing squad. Here's a small story with pictures of drug trafficking women in the hours before their execution.Chinese death row women They don't show the execution or any bodies, but there are pictures of things like last meals brought in by McDonalds.Oh, and the Chinese are experienced, they had approximately 4000 executions last year. That's 87 times America's 46.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

I don't know about the firing squad either, personally.

That said, this one makes me sad - not an intentional beheading, but still:

A more recent account tells of an accidental decapitation in an automobile. In 1989, a U.S. Army veteran who served in the Korean war was riding in a taxi with a friend when it collided with a truck. The witness was pinned to his seat, and the friend was decapitated by the collision:

My friend’s head came to rest face up, and (from my angle) upside-down. As I watched, his mouth opened and closed no less than two times. The facial expressions he displayed were first of shock or confusion, followed by terror or grief. I cannot exaggerate and say that he was looking all around, but he did display ocular movement in that his eyes moved from me, to his body, and back to me. He had direct eye contact with me when his eyes took on a hazy, absent expression . . . and he was dead.

There was either another account I read some weeks back, or another retelling of this one that just phrases it even more depressingly with the look of shock, then seeing the (his own) body and expressing grief. Some accounts give up to a couple of minutes. Ugh..

As far as the OP topic goes...I really can't get behind a lot of their 'justice', but I will say occupying their countries and killing their civilians to leave an even bigger & more extreme mess when we're gone doesn't help much. You have to change hearts and minds to make any progress, and you can't do that at the barrel of a gun.

EDIT: source.
edit on 12/12/2011 by Praetorius because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Yeah it is horrifying and i don't agree with it. That whole eye for an eye and tooth for a tooth is staler than last months bread. In some circumstances the death penalty should be used but not in certain cases.

So what "sorcery" did she commit?

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Praetorius

Oh yes. When your head leaves your neck your head is still very much alive, until your brain suffers from oxygen deprivation. It's probably one of the most terrifying deaths ever. Its why the French stopped using the guillotine. I heard a story about someone picking up Marie Antoinette's head and told her to blink twice if being beheaded hurt and she did blink twice. After that they stopped using it.

Three ways i do not want to die:

Beheading
Burning
Drrowning

If i go i want it to be either in my sleep, or i die so fast i don't even recognize it, like death by asteroid or something.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   
In my personal opinion, if you kill someone, your fate should be the same as your victim's.
Now how that murderer in question is killed, I could not care less.

I also think a rapist's punishment should be rape.
They can build a well hung robot to do the deed

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

I've heard drowning is a very peaceful death.
Not sure where I heard it, but it could be true.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarthMuerte
Nothing to see here. Just the benevolent, peaceful religion of islam.

Hm, a choice between beheading or stoning. That really is a hard choice. Suffer the horror of seeing your body several feet away from your severed head while you desperately try to gasp for breath and realize that you no longer even have a body...Apostle Paul suffered that death.

On the other hand you can be buried up to your chest in dirt or sand while your hands are tied behind your back and under the sand while you get softball sized rocks thrown at you until you die.

Or they could hang you, homosexuals get that one quite often.

I think hanging is a far more merciful and less scary way to die, if they do it right, you drop and the rope snaps your neck and you pass out and you don't even know youre asphyxiating. The bad thing is if they do it wrong, you strangle to death or your head could pop off.

Think i'd take my chances with hanging.
edit on 12-12-2011 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 02:22 AM
link   

I for one would be all for letting these barbarians have as many nukes as they want,delivered on Riyadh,Mecca etc.the sooner the better.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join