It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Machine Gun Your Neighborhood in GoogleShootView

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Ugh language in Video just remembered.

If all news is local, then why aren't all videogames? That seems to be the premise behind Google Shoot View, an incredibly simple new "game" from a Dutch advertising firm. It's your chance to take a fully automatic weapon to an address of your choosing.

I love me some video games and especially first person shooters but this creeps me out. I also want to try it. How do you guys feel about this one? Is it just harmless fun or should we be worried who starts playing this and gets such a rush they may act out the fantasy? I'm of the opinion that it's essentially harmless, and anyone hell bent on shooting up a local area will not be swayed by a game.

The game simply takes Google Street View and superimposes an M4A1 carbine on top of it. Move your mouse to aim the rifle, click your mouse button to fire.

Link
edit on 12-12-2011 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

I bet whoever logs in will have their name added to the domestic terrorist watch list!

The fact that you logged in will be used as evidence against you during your military tribunal!

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
well the site was down. sad face!! any word on a diffident place so i can check this out

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

I'm probably already on that list despite some members assertion that I am a disinfo agent or govt. shill. You think it's dangerous or just harmless fun?

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Will find out when the first arrivals to the Fema camps get unloaded off the buses . Would licking the windows give you a private room ?

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Probably works well when standing still, I doubt it will look good when you start moving, that's if you can even move.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
reply to post by seabag

I'm probably already on that list despite some members assertion that I am a disinfo agent or govt. shill. You think it's dangerous or just harmless fun?

I think they’re just trying to capitalize on the popularity of shooter games….makes sense!

If someone is going to be added to the list for something that frivolous then I’m sure my name is on there already too. I already fit the criteria they’ve defined so far.

Maybe I have their names on my list too!

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   
I dont think this would look to great since the buildings are not 3D, and the few that are in 3D are just blocks with no bump maps.

In Google Earth you can plug in your flight stick and fly around a few basic planes with lame simulation.
I would prefer it if they would fix that and allow dogfights

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
reply to post by Domo1

I bet whoever logs in will have their name added to the domestic terrorist watch list!

The fact that you logged in will be used as evidence against you during your military tribunal!

Heck... I made that list the moment I joined an Occupy camp with tent and a truck stuffed with food supplies in tow. Why not go play first person shooter in a fantasy version of the real world? LOL.... I can think of a few locations Google has dutifully indexed that I'd love to test some Deus Ex or Team Fortress weapons on, since no one can possible get hurt in reality.

I wonder how they would handle that legally though? I mean, if you sent a picture of the White House destroyed by simulated heavy weapons fire, which proudly declared you did it, I think your next knock would come from a pair of unsmiling men from the Secret Service. What about an Ex girlfriend? The cop who wrote that traffic ticket...or a Judge who annoyed someone? Yeah...this could be fun...until the lawyers join the game and play their way.

edit on 12-12-2011 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   
The idea itself for a game is interesting, but like most things it will be open to abuse. Privacy and decency would play a hand - imagine the places that have had multiple murders, shootouts and such - it would be horrible for the victims to see that someone can recreate it for entertainment.

From a gaming point of view a real world map would be out of this world. Gangs across the world could gain terrortory ans settle/create beefs online, you could shootup your old school/church/hated establishment of your choice. Destroy the nieghbours garden and turn your local old peoples home into a military base

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 04:06 AM
link   
i will be following this one. nice

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 07:04 AM
link   
I was going to post this story myself yesterday but after i took the time to follow the links provided in the source article i found out that GoogleShootView has been shut down.

edit on 13-12-2011 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 07:59 AM
link   
So when will Google be investigated, arrested and have their house searched?

Of a boy who made his school into a Counter-Strike map:

The map the boy designed mimicked Clements High School. And, sources said, it was uploaded either to the boy’s home computer or to a computer server where he and his friends could access and play on it. Two parents apparently learned from their children about the existence of the game, and complained to FBISD administrators, who investigated.

“They arrested him,” Chen said of FBISD police, “and also went to the house to search.” The Lin family consented to the search, and a hammer was found in the boy’s room, which he used to fix his bed, because it wasn’t in good shape, Chen said. He indicated police seized the hammer as a potential weapon.
From 2007

Isnt Google doing or at least enabling the same thing? Is Google planning terroristic threats against entire cities?
Or is Google above suspicion and scrutiny because they are so special, rich and powerful?

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
So when will Google be investigated, arrested and have their house searched?

Of a boy who made his school into a Counter-Strike map:

The map the boy designed mimicked Clements High School. And, sources said, it was uploaded either to the boy’s home computer or to a computer server where he and his friends could access and play on it. Two parents apparently learned from their children about the existence of the game, and complained to FBISD administrators, who investigated.

“They arrested him,” Chen said of FBISD police, “and also went to the house to search.” The Lin family consented to the search, and a hammer was found in the boy’s room, which he used to fix his bed, because it wasn’t in good shape, Chen said. He indicated police seized the hammer as a potential weapon.
From 2007

Isnt Google doing or at least enabling the same thing? Is Google planning terroristic threats against entire cities?
Or is Google above suspicion and scrutiny because they are so special, rich and powerful?

Just pull the plug on public education. It is nothing more then a haven for sissy atheist's and other psychopaths that like to bully people.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 02:39 AM
link   
the gamer in me has known all along that this type of game is coming.

i don't know when, or how. i'm betting on 3D glasses with gloves that connect through some motion control sci stuff

obviously they won't have innocent people minding their own in the game unless they're going for the grand theft auto game or filled with likeminded online cyber killers like battlefield and call of duty.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 03:19 AM
link   
I can just see someone doing a shoot of the home of someone they did not like and posting it on the internet.

The next day the cops would be kicking in the door and arresting the poster for terrorist threats.

While the idea is legal doing a GoogleShoot drive-by would not be a good idea

Then what kind of trouble would you be in if you did it on the Whitehouse

Next stop Gitmo????

edit on 14-12-2011 by ANNED because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 03:26 AM
link   
I think this sounds pretty neat. Just got into Google maps yesterday though it seems really outdated.
Atleast around where I live. The photo of my house is like three years old.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Hi from 2013.

Just came back in time to say do not trust the samuru.

I had to use toolboxes and a chisel to get this thread out of a search.

So it seems the destiny of creating a virtual reality world in a virtual reality simulator know as the internet, we must first use the tools that were built to design virtual reality environments in dos.

doombuilder, though only a square room doth ye make, it shall be rendered with a picture and thus, a replica of the real world, created.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 09:51 PM
link   
they shouldn't of released this until it was multi-player.

but I suppose that would be impossible as you can only go forwards and backwards.

Or they could cut the view in half and make it seem like you are moving left to right.

new topics

top topics

join