It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BBC's Frozen Planet Crew Fakes Polar Bear Scene In a Zoo

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by PhoenixOD
reply to post by dainoyfb

At the end of each episode they do spend 10-15 mins showing you how the program was filmed but according to the article there was no mention of them creating the fake bear cave at the end of that episode of frozen planet.

yes but on there website it showed you this thing with the polar bears...

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 07:06 AM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixOD

PhoenixOD , great post , I for one am aware of the structure of the BBC and it's internal workings regarding a number of political / world hot potatoes , where they have a certain opinion that is presented as the narrative in there news and so called factual programmes.
Look up the heads of departments at the BBC and then look up the trustees and governors.

One last thing , 80% of the MPs in the UK parliament are members of the Friends Of Israel , Do you know the percentage in the BBC in high positions ......... and before anyone says , I am not anti semitic , BUT do the research for yourself , it is mindblowing.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   

thanks for bringing the pension connection up. i wasn't aware they had tied it in with companies whos' existence depends on acceptance.
f

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Laurauk
reply to post by JessopJessopJessop

Wrong it borders on both Entertainment and factual programming. Wither or not they used a stuffed polar bear or a real polar bear, does not take away the fact that the Program me was remarkable. And it left open questions on the Global Warming issue.

I have a suspicion those whom complained, were annoyed that they actually showed how devastating Global warming has been to to the North Pole.

The BBC should have a section where the rest of us can complain about the 34 idiots who complained in the first place. And the News Papers are just as scummy as those who complained.

A couple of points. Firstly I have nothing but praise for the documentary. Secondly I don't see how global warming is event relevant.

Every time I see you post it's covert insults and massive generalizations.. Funny how the supposed enlightened are so insulting, isn't it.

Have you ever considered, just for the briefest of moments, that some people genuinely like the BBC and genuinely enjoyed the documentaries, while still being salty at the BBC for being deceptive in this instance.

It's something I've noticed. Everyone saying there's nothing wrong with fooling people all seem to think this is some BBC Vs people who don't like BBC issue. Or global warming vs people who don't believe in global warming issue.

I like the BBC, I also recognise global warming exists - I'm not happy with the BBC deceiving people.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Laurauk
The headlines would have read: Frozen Planet Camera Man Mauled to death.

Or BBC Nature team criticized over filming Polar Bear having cubs and Killing them.

Their dammed in they do and they are dammed if they dont

Nobody demanded that the shot in question be included. What you're arguing is a false dichotomy. There are plenty more options. Here's just 2 options

1. Don't include said shot, the documentary is still great without it
2. Take the footage in a zoo, but tell viewers that's the case - we're all adults

You act like the BBC are forced to either fake something or send camera men to their death

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ

I don't understand the controversy about all this. Everyone with a functioning brain (and it seems some here don't have one) should realizing that entering a polar bear den to place a camera in the wild is a bit suicidal. It doesn't invalidate the excellent reporting of the series.

I have a suspicion those whom complained, were annoyed that they actually showed how devastating Global warming has been to to the North Pole.

This pretty much sums it up. You'd have to be an idiot not to cringe at the shown effects humanity has on our planet. The "there is no warming" crowd is delusional given how much the artic shrank over the past 20 years. Normally, a temperature hike like we've seen over the past 20-30 years historically took over 1,000 years. And given that the only changed "variable" is humanity, it's silly to claim we're not responsible for this.
edit on 14-12-2011 by MrXYZ because: (no reason given)

OR, here's one, you would have to be an idiot to make such ridiculous generalisations about the people complaining.

It's strange. It seems everyone in this thread slandering the complainers are doing so for reasons unrelated to the actual issue. Global warming has nothing to do with the BBC deceiving viewers.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mogget
I guess some people think it would be easy to get a camera into a real polar bear den. Frankly, I don't see what all the fuss is about. A representation of what happens in the den is good enough as far as I am concerned.

A representation is good enough, but it seems the BBC and many people in this thread don't agree. They don't want representation, because apparent representation would ruin the documentary, supposedly.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
JessopJessopJessop , give that man a job at the BEEB
all we are saying is tell it like it is , the days of media double talk should be over and thanks to the net , youtube etc they are being caught out on a daily basis.
Not a great time to be an MP or TV celeb in many ways , for the simple reason, as the little people begin to hurt with the recession , they will be advised in the ways of appearing frugal and less blingy , I mean Alan Hanson on £40, 000 per show for Match Of The Day
only tax payers money , no problem
and yes that amount to talk about a game of football , the same rhetoric week in week out ...crazy , no OBSCENE .
I am one of the little people before anyone shoots me down

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   

How on earth have they deceived viewers?? Do you expect them to mention every time something's not filmed in nature even if it changes ZERO in terms of content?

I can already see it, in giant red letters all over the TV screen during nature programs: THIS CATERPILLAR WAS FILMED IN AN INDOOR GARDEN!!

This isn't the first nature movie to film some parts not at location because of danger, and it won't be the last one. What's hilarious to see is where those accusations started, it's mostly the anti-climate-change websites and fools

That's why they attack the show. The entire polar bear thing is trivial, they just want the general population to see the documentary in a bad light...because they KNOW it makes a lot of them look incredibly silly.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Those are some excellent well thought out points you have presented in your last 3 posts JessopJessopJessop.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
I know this has probably been said, but I have to say it as a fan of the series, and most BBC documentaries.

The BBC never misled anyone, the information was readily available to the public. The scene was filmed like that to keep the flow and realism of the documentary, because, had they put cameras in the real den they ran the risk of the polar bear abandoning, or worse, killing her cubs, there was also a great risk to the crew.

The crew already put themselves at risk to bring you the genuine footage they do show you.

Frozen Planet is a well presented, factual and even occasionally funny series (It's hilarious some of the things the crew come out with when cold, usually involving penguins).

If people aren't satisfied, and want to complain over something so insignificant, then they should book a trip to the poles and go see it for themselves.

I thank the BBC for bringing us such wonderful shows about our planet, especially in HD.
edit on 14/12/11 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ Do you expect them to mention every time something's not filmed in nature even if it changes ZERO in terms of content?

Well they actually remind everybody that there could well be flash photography in a news conference; they tell us when there is swearing and violence in films and then they warn us that the views expressed in the following interviews are not condoned by the makers of this programme".

Fine. Perhaps they should say something along lines of "no actual animals were filmed during the making of this programme" or "we apologise to viewers for the very poor quality of the cgi, in the following episode of Autumn Watch".

I wonder just how many of these whingers have ever even set foot in any country where it is 'really' cold and I don't mean Wales or Scotland in winter.

Perhaps if they experienced the harsh realities of trying to make a nature programme in such bleak conditions, they would wind their collective necks back in to their safe warm bubbles and stop bleating about supposed non events.

Get a frigging life people! There is some much more that is wrong in this big wide world of ours and if all you've got to moan about is a bit of faked programming, think yourself frigging lucky!

People dying out there because of starvation, flood, war and because dictators are trying to cling on to power.

<< 3  4  5   >>

join