It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BBC's Frozen Planet Crew Fakes Polar Bear Scene In a Zoo

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by fiftyfifty
This is like the Jeremy Clarkson uproar after his comments on The One Show. It seems that people are jumping on the bandwagon to shoot down the BBC at any opportunity. Sir David Attenborough has given so much to making us all aware of nature and the amazing things that go on outside our bubble. To slag him off for this is unacceptable. Would people prefer they stuck cameras into a real den and risk the lives of the cubs? It made good TV and they WERE real polar bears, what's the problem?

I'm with you on this 50. David Attenborough is a legend to slag him off because the BBC faked a tiny bit of footage is absurd. To help protect the crew and the bears they filmed it in a zoo, big deal that they didn't mention it at least these people are out there to bring us such programs. David Attenborough has used his own life to bring us the pictures and videos from jungles to the frozen wastelands of our planet. He and his team has bought us never seen before footage and newly discovered species to our tv sets. These programs take years of dedication to create these series's of programs. Absolutely pathetic for anyone to just start shouting fake at everything they do all because they filmed a polar bear in a zoo. The amount of work that goes into the creating of these programs is simply huge.

You hear about the group of school kids that got attacked by polar bear a few months back? Now do you blame the film crew for faking it?

Personal view is that these programs Frozen Planet .. Planet Earth etc are some of the best wildlife programs around and has for David Attenborough ... Why do you think he has a knighthood

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by just1cornell0

dont try and change this into a NWO\illuminati mind control thread.

Where in my post have I said that?
C'mon, quote me.
I said they mind control you with TV. Don't you think before you post?

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Cosma
Yes, yes, yes.
Just one more proof that TV is mind controlling the people who watch it.
Everything in it is a lie or a distorted truth or exaggerated or not.
I don't understand why anyone gives the BBC any credibility.
It's the British Broadcasting Corporation.
People are paying to be mind controlled. The irony.

You are either not British and have no real concept of what the BBC is or you are one of the anti-BBC nuts who moans about every programme the broadcast. I think As a BBC viewer, I can say that yes, they broadcast a lot of rubbish but they do some damn good documentaries and current affairs programmes. TV licence is a pain but not the end of the world. It's either that or ad breaks every 10-15 mins.

I'm British.
But that means nothing. If I was American or from Timbaktu, would I be able to comment on the BBC?
See if you are British, then you should know that assumptions is the mother of all ............(what is it?)
I very much enjoy the BBC documentaries. Did I say I wasn't under the influence of TV?
We're all mind controlled.

10 points Sherlock.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Yes, yes, yes.

theres the mind control..... i'll retract the NWO\illuminati.... for now

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by just1cornell0

the NWOilluminati.... for now

Stop with the trolling.
The only one who's mentioned this is you, twice.
I comment in this thread because I can.
You have somekind of a problem?
edit on 13-12-2011 by Dr Cosma because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Yes, yes, yes.

You are either not British and have no real concept of what the BBC is or you are one of the anti-BBC nuts who moans about every programme the broadcast. I think As a BBC viewer, I can say that yes, they broadcast a lot of rubbish but they do some damn good documentaries and current affairs programmes. TV licence is a pain but not the end of the world. It's either that or ad breaks every 10-15 mins.

I'm British.
But that means nothing. If I was American or from Timbaktu, would I be able to comment on the BBC?
See if you are British, then you should know that assumptions is the mother of all ............(what is it?)
I very much enjoy the BBC documentaries. Did I say I wasn't under the influence of TV?
We're all mind controlled.

10 points Sherlock.

Great, I'll take those 10 points for what they're worth and put them in my don't give a sh!t box. Alternatively, you can have a refund.

I don't really get your reply in all honesty.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThePeaceMaker
Personal view is that these programs Frozen Planet .. Planet Earth etc are some of the best wildlife programs around and has for David Attenborough ... Why do you think he has a knighthood

The BBC in general makes amazing nature programmes. there was one a few months back about bears in alaska where the cameraman used the help of a bloke nicknamed 'Bear Man' (original). He (bearman) showed him how to get the bears to trust him (the cameraman) by feeding them fruit & nuts, there was some truely wonderful footage captured because of these techniques. he even filmed from inside the bearmans house. that programme was never accused of lieing, but then again you knew from the start what the score was.
There was also another about trying to find tigers in tibet (i think thats where it was). very very good.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by ThePeaceMaker

Why do you think he has a knighthood

So that's it then, back to tea and scones. Everything's fine.
The evidence in the OP is nothing and should be brushed off as such because Sir David is a Knight, of course.
So when I view other BBC documentaries I won't think "hang on, this might be faked". No. Instead I'll be thinking "this can't be faked mate, because David's a Sir".

Logical.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
i had a dream i was a player in battlefield 3 multiplayer the other night..... blatant mind control

sorry for being a tad off topic

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   

The evidence in the OP is nothing and should be brushed off as such because Sir David is a Knight, of course.
So when I view other BBC documentaries I won't think "hang on, this might be faked". No. Instead I'll be thinking "this can't be faked mate, because David's a Sir".

Logical.

It wasn't 'faked' it was slightly misleading yes, but come on! If you don't like the BBC then don't watch it.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by fiftyfifty

Then you should either read again or stroll down to spec savers.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Then you should either read again or stroll down to spec savers.

Yep, read it again and it still looks like a load of crap. Maybe my lenses need replacing, thanks for the advice. I'll not bother you again kind sir. On with the post (sorry for the little spat in the middle OP)

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Stop trying to derail the guys thread. You have a problem with me personally bring it on and U2U me.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Logical.

I wasnt saying that because David Attenborough was involved none of it's fake but this guy is in his 80s and still making good wildlife documentaries. He has Sir infront of his name as he as bought alot of wildlife programs over the years to our tv sets and has done a good job of doing so. So no I didnt mean that none of it's fake because he has a kighthood just trying to point out that he probably has achieved alot more than any tv presenter would

Faked one little thing and the whole program gets written off absolutely pathetic.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   

but this guy is in his 80s

Some of the worlds biggest crooks are around that age.

He has Sir infront of his name

Which means absolutely nothing to me and I'm the viewer. I view it for it's content.

So no I didnt mean that none of it's fake because he has a kighthood just trying to point out that he probably has achieved alot more than any tv presenter would

This is correct, but it still doesn't take away the fact that they're faking things.
Once you go down that road I don't care how many titles you have, how old you are, how big you are.
If you're caught out, there's no denying it.
I like his documentaries and I like the man, but that's not what we're discussing here.
We're discussing the BBC faking stuff and I'm not surprised. It's TV.

Faked one little thing and the whole program gets written off absolutely pathetic.

No it's not. If you lie to me, then everything else you say can be seen as a lie. How would I know?
Kinda like the boy who cried wolf no?

edit on 13-12-2011 by Dr Cosma because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Many of you might have known, but I didn't.

I've lost a lot of respect for both the BBC and Attenborough. The truth is that the BBC have been deceptive, because they're leading viewers to believe these shots are filmed in the wild.

Now if the BBC want to clearly outline that such scenes are taking place in zoo's then by all means, that's great. The problem is they haven't - not in any of the episodes I've watched. It's PURPOSELY deceptive. Mentioning it somewhere hidden away on their website, or on one of 100 episodes is not enough.

It's obvious there's a lot of people like me who didn't know.

And those of you who defend the BBC for the sake of defending the BBC, well you're no better than the lunatics on the DM

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by JessopJessopJessop

I have to agree with JessopJessopJessop the BBC leads to us believe that the only way the could have got the film they present in these series is through technical excellence and bravery. They go to a lot of trouble showing us at the end of each episode how hard it was to get the shot and how much work went into the filming. Just putting a small note on their website about how they really got the polar bear film is not enough.

Not many of the British public have complained about this mainly because they just haven't been to the website and seen the truth. This episode has damaged the credibility of BBC wildlife filming and in my mind just wasn't worth it.

I love the BBC wildlife shows with Sir David Attenborough but now every time i see an amazing shot like the polar bear scene im going to be wondering if it is real or setup.
edit on 13-12-2011 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixOD

I'll admit I thought "how did they do that?" when first seeing the inside of the cave...

then filled in the blanks myself...

since they were there for four seasons, maybe they tracked the bear then sunk a camera on a pole into the cave, etc etc..

but faking it? not in the sense your title suggests...

maybe you could email them suggesting a disclaimer of some sort?

*this message brought to you by myself, of myself and is in no way, shape, or form, affiliated, partnered to, and/or in a state otherwise referred to as "cohoots" with, the BBC or its NWO masters

edit on 13-12-2011 by reeferman because: color

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   
On the OP.

Good God, there is an industry in complaining. I think that it is common practice in nature programmes to use props to “tell the story”. The viewer is usually aware of this and they do not need to be “warned” as that just takes the magic out of what they are seeing.

There are people who just spend their life whining on. It’s really sad.

Regards

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by paraphi

In most wildlife docu's you would expect a bit of fakery but the BBC wildlife series goes to great lengths to show that their films are not fakes by showing you exactly how they manged to get the shots at the end of each episode. They conveniently forgot to show how they managed to do the polar bear scene.

Ive never trusted the BBC but i have always thought the wildlife shows were on the level. Im disappointed in their attempts to deceive us here by leaving out the truth.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join