It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BBC's Frozen Planet Crew Fakes Polar Bear Scene In a Zoo

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 04:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
reply to post by PhoenixOD

This is not the first time the BBC has "faked" locations....

Its like that show with Bear Grylls on Discovery - man verse wild. In one of his shows he is supposedly out in the middle of no where navigating some dangerous landscape. If he was injured all they would need to do is turn around and walk 500 feet to the highway running behind them.

Supposedly. Still doesn't change the fact that he eats anything, drinks his own p!ss and and is generally quite entertaining.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 04:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by fatpastyhead

Originally posted by Xcathdra
reply to post by PhoenixOD

This is not the first time the BBC has "faked" locations....

Its like that show with Bear Grylls on Discovery - man verse wild. In one of his shows he is supposedly out in the middle of no where navigating some dangerous landscape. If he was injured all they would need to do is turn around and walk 500 feet to the highway running behind them.

Supposedly. Still doesn't change the fact that he eats anything, drinks his own p!ss and and is generally quite entertaining.

The camera crew must be hardcore, if that's all he's got to eat and drink, how must they be feeling, plus they have to follow him everywhere with all their equipment!

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 06:00 AM
link   
Frozen Planet is one of the best documentaries, One has seen in a very long time. Just so happens those who are trying to find fault with the programme will always complain. It does not take away the fact that they have left open questions with regards to Global Warning.

And the proof is shown in the footage from the series of frozen planet.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 06:08 AM
link   
While I can understand peoples concerns over such fabrication on TV today, it's hardly surprising they chose not to shove a camera up in front of a new polar bear mother and cub in the wild.
People must be so out of touch with the realities of nature they would rather wild cubs to be eaten by their mothers to justify a TV license fee.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 06:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Laurauk

Ah Global Warming..

Funny how they always film in the Summer when they want to do the Global Warming thing.

Never in the Winter or at the many GROWING Glaciers around the world.

I'm at the point where i can no longer believe anything on MSM.

But to be fair to the BBC, filming a real Polar Bear den out in the Arctic would be an exceptionally dangerous thing to do and would require them to take Rifles and such for protection.
This could result in them having to shoot the very animal they are seeking to protect, so it is a good thing they decided to erm fake it.

Cosmic..

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 06:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Cosmic4life

Funny how they always film in the Summer when they want to do the Global Warming thing. Never in the Winter or at the many GROWING Glaciers around the world.

Erm.. I take it you didn't watch the series then? If you did you would know that it followed all of the seasons.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Did you even bother to watch the whole series, or just the parts you thought you would complain about?

The BBC have been a forefront over their nature program mes. I for one applaud their efforts.

But One supposes the BBC cannot please everyone..

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 06:37 AM
link   
i have grown up with these documentaries. they are exceptional and the logistics involved to site crew and wait for worm sign is astounding.
anyone on here ever been out in the wilds tracking for more than a weekend? what about a few weeks in sub-zero at altitude with a poncho and a bivi bag? if yes, lets' party if no then you don't know what you are missing.

mountain leopards in afghanistan anyone?
regards fakedirt

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 06:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Laurauk

I must confess i have not watched ANY of the episodes..

So what was the prognosis on Global Warming then ? has the Beeb changed its tune..

Right now i could do with some Global Warming..even a little bit..God knows the cost of Heating is beyond the pale.

Please do not be too upset by my posts..this is just a conversation..we are not about to change the world.

I have witnessed outright lies from the BBC..South Ossetia comes to mind..is it really a surprise that i have become a little jaded ?

Cosmic..

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 06:45 AM
link   

No they did not make any accusations during the program-me. They just showed footage where they had visited 30 years ago to the show the changes in the area. And left it open to the viewer to make up their own minds.

David Attenborough , stated on a program-me where he was interviewed, stated that it was left open for viewers to make up their own minds over wither global warming was man inflicted or was there other things involved.

Just thought I would point that out, And no I was not upset by your comments.

edit on 13-12-2011 by Laurauk because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 07:03 AM
link   
I think what is worse is that episode related to climate change was dubbed in the US!

www.telegraph.co.uk...

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 07:45 AM
link   
It is funny how 37 complaints out of the whole population in the UK can create such a fuss over a programme. Reaffirms what I said earlier, You cannot please everyone.

Speaking to ITV1's This Morning programme, Frozen Planet presenter Sir David Attenborough said: "If you had tried to put a camera in the wild in a polar bear den, she would either have killed the cub or she would have killed the cameraman.

His Words not mines:

BBC

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Laurauk

I think the quote of David Attenborough you gave pretty much sums it up.

Frozen Planet was yet another truly extraordinary wildlife series from the BBC.
It had no pre-set agenda and just presented the facts.

Sections like that with the polar bear cubs just add that little bit extra and surely anyone with just a modicum of common sense would realise that it would be impossible to film such scenes in the wild.
It shouldn't detract from the shear awe inducing spectacle of the whole series.

There was no great deliberate hoax, no-one really benefitted out of it and certainly not at anyone else's expense....in the grand scheme of things it's all a much ado about nothing and pretty irrelevant.

Some people just like to whinge and moan for the sake of it and are just consumed with negativity.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   
That's really sad...I've been a avid viewer of this series..absolutely loved it...only to find this

Hopefully it's just that one. The effort behind this series is brilliant though and I think one tiny slip up like this, although should have been said, can be "ignored. "
edit on 13-12-2011 by BlackPoison94 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   
This was a great series just as all of the other "..... Planet" BBC documentaries have been.

If you watched the programme you would have seen just how difficult and dangerous this would have been to do in the wild. Filming in the arctic winter on a mountain would have meant certain death for those recording.
I dont get how this was faked or a lie anyway, they never claimed that they were filming a polar bear den in the wild.
Slightly misleading, but fakedlieing NO. I was more than happy just to seelearn what goes on in a polarbear den with the mother and cubs, i couldnt care less if it was in the wild or not.

The media should get their facts straight anyway, i saw THIS before all this 'lieing' came out. Look at the main picture and caption, it says their fighting in mating season which is wrong. i remember the programme saying they are playing in summer as its not mating season and their's no worries about food (the eat berries!) so fighting was pointless, also if i remember rightly this had never been filmed before.

edit on 13-12-2011 by just1cornell0 because: the berry fact

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Common practice in wildlife filming. Programme makers and crew, including animal handlers just cannot get pesky wild animals to understand what makes good television.

Heard a story once of a guy who worked as an entertainment industry animal handler who had to go to a wildlife park in the uk to get a shot of a hippo with it's mouth fully open. He decided best way was to climb a tree overhanging the hippo pool and dangle tempting lettuce from fishing line! The ploy worked.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by PhoenixOD

BBC's Frozen Planet Crew Fakes Polar Bear Scene In a Zoo

gizmodo.com

Like all its documentaries, the BBC's Frozen Planet is fascinating and exquisitely filmed. Their crew has captured amazing things, including the creeping ice tornado. Unfortunately, they cheated on their viewers when they faked a crucial polar bear scene in a zoo.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Hey , can you disagree with sir david A and the bbc? check out what Lord Lawson had to say about him.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Yes, yes, yes.
Just one more proof that TV is mind controlling the people who watch it.
Everything in it is a lie or a distorted truth or exaggerated or not.
I don't understand why anyone gives the BBC any credibility.
It's the British Broadcasting Corporation.
People are paying to be mind controlled. The irony.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Dr Cosma

dont try and change this into a NWO\illuminati mind control thread.

anyway

it impossible not to be hypnotised by Sir Attenborough.
his voice is mesmerising, he's incredibly clever & a genuine British Legend.
if im flicking through the channels and i hear his voice it stays on.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Cosma
Yes, yes, yes.
Just one more proof that TV is mind controlling the people who watch it.
Everything in it is a lie or a distorted truth or exaggerated or not.
I don't understand why anyone gives the BBC any credibility.
It's the British Broadcasting Corporation.
People are paying to be mind controlled. The irony.

You are either not British and have no real concept of what the BBC is or you are one of the anti-BBC nuts who moans about every programme the broadcast. I think As a BBC viewer, I can say that yes, they broadcast a lot of rubbish but they do some damn good documentaries and current affairs programmes. TV licence is a pain but not the end of the world. It's either that or ad breaks every 10-15 mins.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join