It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran: Steel mill blast caused by gas leak

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Iran: Steel mill blast caused by gas leak

www.ynetnews.com

Tehran offers yet another explanation for mysterious explosion at steel factory linked to its nuclear program.

(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 12/12/2011 by tothetenthpower because: --Mod Edit--Use EXACT headline

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
seems to me like there is another war going on behind closed doors. hope i'm wrong and it is just another accident but i fear might be a little naive of me.

i don't believe enough in coincidences for all these accidents not to be something more sinister. suppose nato forces need somewhere to go before they get booted out of iraq. iran and syria look very likely to be the next port of call. these are sad times we find ourselves living in!!!

my thoughts go out to the families of the people who died in this incident!

www.ynetnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Personally nothing would please me more than daily explosions at, or near nuclear research facilities in Iran.
Specially if they are not attributed to the U.S.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
I highly doubt that there are 3 "accidents" all relating to their nuclear program in this short of time period, with the whole world watching. Way too much of a coincidence in my opinion.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Obviously they didnt read the warning sticker on 'The Drone'

"DO NOT OPEN"
edit on 12-12-2011 by 12voltz because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   
This is the third explosion within 6-8 weeks if I'm correct, this is getting beyond a joke now. They cannot keep telling people that these are "accidents", there is clearly something more going on behind the scenes. No doubt something to do with Israel's intelligence agency but I cannot back up that claim. If you think about it though, if this is really sabotage, then you have to admit they are playing this quite cleverly as it is not something that can be proved easily and if the Iranian's declare sabotage then they will have to do something to the nation that they have accused. This whole deal with Iran and Israel really is starting to get interesting but I hope that a global conflict does not come out of this mess.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Three "accidental" explosions at facilities related to Iran's nuclear ambitions, and one US spy drone in the hands of Iran. Is there really any question what is going on here? Either the US is doing this or the US is supporting those who are.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   
"Stuxnet"...

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   
The probability of this happening so many times is probably extremely low, therefore I would have to say this is an act of sabotage. But who is doing it? Is it even an agent of a country, or is it some political dissident, or even a terrorist organization of some type?

Does anyone think that Iran wanted to obtain nuclear weapons so that they could launch them at other countries? I think they wanted nukes simply to deter other countries, hoping that this would cause them to get off of Iran's back. There seems to be a strong alliance against Iran, and they know this, and I think that they think a nuclear arsenal would be the only deterrent that would succeed in calling off the dogs.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Iran should use electricity to melt metal cause its safer.
Tesla metal placed inside a loop of AC high frequency.
The he placed his head in the same spot.
See, perfectly safe.
Or Tesla had no gas pockets in his head to agitate like metal has.
Jumping ether to gas pockets is just anytime Tesla action.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   
From the article:

Foreign media reports suggested earlier that the mysterious explosion was the result of sabotage in the plant, which is said to be processing North Korean steel used for uranium enrichment centrifuges.

but Iran's centrifuge tubes are made of carbon fibre.

Only the bellows is maraging steel - and if Nth Korea was sending that to Iran they wouldn't be re-smelting it!

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Hmmm, a couple of random explosions at military complexes (One nuclear), and now another explosion soon after Iran claims to being close to decoding the UAV. My machine code senses are tingling, must be Stuxnet...

This is going to be Tom Clancy's next book.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Anyone else think they are throwing eggs at the big bad wolfs house and running, hoping the wolf will come running out chasing after them?

If that is the case, I really hope Iran can show some discipline, realize what it is about, and stand up above it. "If" that is truly the case. It will get hard to do though when the eggs keep getting bigger, and eventually start crashing through the windows. I am sure they will eventually find the right button to push "if" this is what is happening.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   
This thread is not about a "third" explosion; this is analysis of the second explosion-- the one near Isfahan.

The explosion seems to have taken place inside or near an underground tunnel entrance in the mountain just to the north of the nuclear facility-- with an adjacent zirconium plant between. See some images and read article, here: isis-online.org...

The maraging steel is needed for upgrading the (underground) centrifuges and Iran has not been successful in producing that type of steel on its own. North Korea has been supplying that steel, and perhaps has also been helping the Iranians develop the ability to produce it.

Maraging steel is a high temperature steel which is needed, also, for high speeds. It is used in rocket engines and centrifuges.

new topics

top topics

join