It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

i've been thinking....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   
as each day rolls by i see more and more evidence of the centralization of power at national levels. the latest product of centralization is the stage drama taking place in the european union in the last few weeks. what confounds me is at the grassroots level the trend is clearly decentralization. the trend has been growing to buy locally and there has been firm resistance to globalization which is the main push to more and more centralized control. the more the u.s. government passes legislation to restrict freedom the more grassroots resistance that is developing. the push for centralization of power is acting like a pressure cooker... they are clamping down on us more and more and the resistance is growing to that pressure to crush us under the jack boot. it seems there is a real need for the top down pressure...the more they push to crush us the more resistance they will find. occupy wall street is merely the first symptom of the resistance. as time progresses and the jackboot steps harder onto all of us i think we will see more resistance flare up. the jackboot is necessary for the grassroots resistance to grow. the use of force is riddled with its own failure. the more they press down and restrict the more resistance they will meet until there is a tipping point then change will happen suddenly. i find the whole thing fascinating to be living during this time and watch the forces at work struggling against each other. the rush towards centralized power will ultimately fail as the grassroots trend is clearly flowing towards decentralization with accent on local control and minimal national control. how it turns out is anyone's guess. im thinking that america will be torn apart into five or six regions each with its own president and assembly and they will meet on occassion at the national level. once people sicken of the antics in washington i think washington will be either destroyed or closed and a new seat of government created in the central part of the country. once the critical mass is reached in the resistance and the pressure cooker has forced the change to go deep into the sinew and fiber of this nation my, my, what a reaction there will be.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by zyrktec

im thinking that america will be torn apart into five or six regions each with its own president and assembly and they will meet on occassion at the national level. once people sicken of the antics in washington i think washington will be either destroyed or closed and a new seat of government created in the central part of the country.

I wrote a length back, that I wished to see something like this, and made the analogy of "irreconcilable differences" in a marriage. Especially those on the far socially Liberal Left, versus those on the conservative Christian Right, there are irreconcilable differences. I just came from looking at a news piece online that a military hospital tried to ban bibles being brought in by families to fallen warriors, while Hillary is sending a bunch of tax money to promote global gay activism. My town where I live meanwhile, had a homeless shelter that moved and expanded, but it now has no room for the ---families--- arriving in need.
www.washingtontimes.com...
edit on 12-12-2011 by Saucerwench because: ad link

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   
You should read the book Snowcrash by Neal Stephenson. After the collapse of the US economy, and then govt, the entire US is fractured apart into "burbclaves", gated communities each considering themselves a separate country. So you have the all black, all redneck, all white, all asian burbclaves. All law enforcement is subbed out to either the MetaCops or the Enforcers, two competing police merc armies.

Great book, and a good look at what might happen. Predicted the www for one thing. Written around 85.

www.nealstephenson.com...

new topics

join