It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NAACP Calls on UN to Intervene in US Elections

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by fenceSitter

Yes, it is hypocritical to say, but check out my signature line. I don't think we need to be policing the world either.

I don't think we need a UN, I don't think we need to be championing human rights and democracy all over the world (unless they ask for our help), and I don't think we need anybody interfering in our business here at home.

When things get uncomfortable enough, we will fix our own problems. RIght now, people see all the problems, but their lives are still pretty good, so they won't make any sacrifice to fix the problems. Me included. But that will change over time, and it will become necessary to fix things.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by fenceSitter
reply to post by getreadyalready

Also...

We don't need foreign involvement in our internal process.

...sounds a wee bit hypocritical coming from an American... don't you think?

Well that depends. Are you generalizing here? If you are, its apparent. Im sure there are plenty of American's who believe we shouldn't be the policemen of the world. There are more than a fair share of them here on ATS...

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Daedal

I'd like the UN to intervene against the NAACP and the New Black Panthers. Seems that they have done more to inhibit voters than any other organization.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   

The only place I see any reference to the NAACP 'asking the UN to intervene' is from the fox news article
. The actually NAACP article says:

Copies of the report will be sent to the federal and state agencies that monitor, administer and enforce voting rights, including the US Department of Justice, the Federal Elections Commission, and the Election Assistance Commission, as well as Secretaries of State and Attorneys General in all 50 states. In addition, the report will be delivered to the appropriate committees of jurisdiction in the House and Senate, and entities within the United Nations.

The UN monitors elections in all member countries so if someone can point out potential election/voter issues then the UN should know about it. And for the record.... no the US shouldn't be any different. After all, most of us here believe US elections have been tampered with for a long time now.

I will post the actual link referencing the petition in a little bit, kinda busy right now.Fox news is not the only source, the actual source is from a human right's organization...Toodles
edit on 13-12-2011 by Daedal because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

yeah I suppose I should've paid more attention to your signature! I'm sure we're on the same page now, I think a lot of the problems in the world these days are from certain people (governments/corporations) sticking their nose in other peoples business. If we could all learn to accept other peoples cultures and beliefs and simply butt out if we don't agree with them, things would start to get better.

It is sad to think that so many people would have to 'hit rock bottom' so to speak in order for things to change but I guess that is the way it always goes. And by the way, I hope Ron Paul gets the nomination too. With such an intelligent person standing next to all the others, seems like a no brainer to me!

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   

The only place I see any reference to the NAACP 'asking the UN to intervene' is from the fox news article
. The actually NAACP article says:

Copies of the report will be sent to the federal and state agencies that monitor, administer and enforce voting rights, including the US Department of Justice, the Federal Elections Commission, and the Election Assistance Commission, as well as Secretaries of State and Attorneys General in all 50 states. In addition, the report will be delivered to the appropriate committees of jurisdiction in the House and Senate, and entities within the United Nations.

The UN monitors elections in all member countries so if someone can point out potential election/voter issues then the UN should know about it. And for the record.... no the US shouldn't be any different. After all, most of us here believe US elections have been tampered with for a long time now.

Here is an internal memo from the NAACP it's self, this will solidify the statements..Also here is the human right's organization used to petition the UN to investigate and condemn voter suppression tactics in the United States.

Memo

Petition site
edit on 13-12-2011 by Daedal because: Added video

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Which color?

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
Which color?

You know I believe this may cover all people of all races, and yes they should be able to vote...the problem, like in the last election, was the voter registration fraud which empowered illegals to vote in US democratic processes.I don't agree with this..

<< 1   >>

join