It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two Amazing Videos - WAKE UP!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   
These two videos help me see that time is running short. No matter your view of our day and age, there can be no mistaking the similarity between scripture and the events of the present moment of history. These two short videos bring this message home in a big way. Enjoy.

The last video is a bonus. Consider the message.

edit on 12-12-2011 by SuperiorEd because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by SuperiorEd

It seems your videos were removed.. Could be a good watch. ( back now ) thanx

edit on 12-12-2011 by Grossac because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-12-2011 by Grossac because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   

i do believe we are in the end times, but the timelines are off. great videos!

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
These videos are very thought-provoking Ed, thanks for sharing.

I read along with Revelations 8 with the second video... funny, the descriptions of the locusts with faces of men always reminded me of helicopters. Imagine writing about our modern war machines before the time of Jesus? How else could they be described but by their savage power?

Rev 8:13 also caught my eye. "Then I looked and saw a lone eagle flying across the sky. It was shouting, "Trouble, trouble, trouble to everyone who lives on earth! The other three angels are now going to blow their trumpets" (CEV). I'm reading from a New Living Translation, and in my text the word "trouble" is interchanged with "terror". Could this be a hint of the United States' global crusade against terrorism, which has subsequently caused economic downturn, increased stress, and potentially WW3?
edit on 12-12-2011 by DarkKnight21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   

*wipes hands* And that's the end of that chapter...

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Good videos. True too, but the scoffers will scoff and they are scoffing right now. Prophecy fulfilled.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

Good videos. True too, but the scoffers will scoff and they are scoffing right now. Prophecy fulfilled.

My friend Jason (an ardent atheist) recently died. A deity that would send him to hell for being willing to question things isn't one I'd want to get raptured by, let alone spend eternity with. If there is an afterlife, then I know he's bypassed the Heaven and the Hell. I'm sure Jason is saving a spot for me and the rest of the guys on the Fiddler's Green. Once that's done we'll party, and I'm sure we could sneak you guys in, too.

Just don't bring any Bibles or Chick Tracts

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Equidae

Everyone dies, but not everyone truly lives. There is no afterlife to an atheist, just that final end of being a buffet for worms. Our bodies do return to the dust, but i choose to have hope in Jesus. To each his own i suppose.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   

reply to post by Equidae

Everyone dies, but not everyone truly lives. There is no afterlife to an atheist, just that final end of being a buffet for worms. Our bodies do return to the dust, but i choose to have hope in Jesus. To each his own i suppose.

Not quite, imo. I find solace in three of my favorite Neil DeGrasse Tyson quotes:

"Recognize that the very molecules that make up your body, the atoms that construct the molecules, are traceable to the crucibles that were once the centers of high mass stars that exploded their chemically rich guts into the galaxy, enriching pristine gas clouds with the chemistry of life. So that we are all connected to each other biologically, to the earth chemically and to the rest of the universe atomically. That’s kinda cool! That makes me smile and I actually feel quite large at the end of that. It’s not that we are better than the universe, we are part of the universe. We are in the universe and the universe is in us.”

and

“The most I learn about the universe, the less convinced I am that there's any sort of benevolent force that has anything to do with it, at all.”

and

“Again and again across the centuries, cosmic discoveries have demoted our self-image. Earth was once assumed to be astronomically unique, until astronomers learned that Earth is just another planet orbiting the Sun. Then we presumed the Sun was unique, until we learned that the countless stars of the night sky are suns themselves. Then we presumed our galaxy, the Milky Way, was the entire known universe, until we established that the countless fuzzy things in the sky are other galaxies, dotting the landscape of our known universe.

Today, how easy it is to presume that one universe is all there is. Yet emerging theories of modern cosmology, as well as the continually reaffirmed improbability that anything is unique, require that we remain open to the latest assault on our plea for distinctiveness: multiple universes, otherwise known as the “multiverse,” in which ours is just one of countless bubbles bursting forth from the fabric of the cosmos.”

It is disheartening, but then again the very foundation of what made you who you were never stop circulating.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Equidae

reply to post by Equidae

Not quite, imo. I find solace in three of my favorite Neil DeGrasse Tyson quotes:

"Recognize that the very molecules that make up your body, the atoms that construct the molecules, are traceable to the crucibles that were once the centers of high mass stars that exploded their chemically rich guts into the galaxy, enriching pristine gas clouds with the chemistry of life. So that we are all connected to each other biologically, to the earth chemically and to the rest of the universe atomically. That’s kinda cool! That makes me smile and I actually feel quite large at the end of that. It’s not that we are better than the universe, we are part of the universe. We are in the universe and the universe is in us.”

"Then the LORD God formed a man from the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living being." -Genesis 2:7

Neil DeGrass Tyson doesn't necessarily disagree with God here. Man is of the earth, and the earth is of the stars, or of the heavens. Since we live in a world where "God" and "universe" are often used interchangeably, it's easy to see the parallels between modern science and the ancient biblical claim that we are made in God's image. The creation is manifested within the Creator. I would say that we are essentially arguing the same thing, but I acknowledge the lack of scientific vocabulary in roughly 1500 BC at the time of the writing of Genesis.

Also, the increasing possibility of multiple universes, for me, only increases the plausibility of other realms of existence such as heaven or hell.
edit on 13-12-2011 by DarkKnight21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarkKnight21

reply to post by Equidae

"Then the LORD God formed a man from the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living being." -Genesis 2:7

Neil DeGrass Tyson doesn't necessarily disagree with God here. Man is of the earth, and the earth is of the stars, or of the heavens. Since we live in a world where "God" and "universe" are often used interchangeably, it's easy to see the parallels between modern science and the ancient biblical claim that we are made in God's image. The creation is manifested within the Creator. I would say that we are essentially arguing the same thing, but I acknowledge the lack of scientific vocabulary in roughly 1500 BC at the time of the writing of Genesis.

Also, the increasing possibility of multiple universes, for me, only increases the plausibility of other realms of existence such as heaven or hell.

There may be a deity, but even a cursory glance at the headlines shows he (if he is supposedly omnipotent and care about us) is a mercurial sadist with a rubric for morality that makes Hitler look like Quaker Boy Scout who rescues kittens from trees.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 04:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Equidae

Neil also said this: “After all, what nobler thought can one cherish than that the universe lives within us all?”

I can answer this question for Neil.

God said this in Isaiah 32:

3 Then the eyes of those who see will no longer be closed,
and the ears of those who hear will listen.
4 The fearful heart will know and understand,
and the stammering tongue will be fluent and clear.
5 No longer will the fool be called noble
nor the scoundrel be highly respected.

A noble thought is one that reflects preservation of what is gained in understanding over the ignorance of denying the creator. We must prize the message of nature over nature itself. The same God that created each of us also numbers the hairs on our head. Not one falls to the ground unnoticed. This makes me want to grab people and say, "HAVE YOU HEARD THIS!!!!" God loves us. The star stuff we are made of is insignificant by comparison.

Neil said this, "“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.”

I would agree. God created what we discover. Augustine had this to say about science and our dimly lit intellect.

"And yet the validity of logical sequences is not a thing devised by men, but is observed and noted by them that they may be able to learn and teach it; for it exists eternally in the reason of things, and has its origin with God. For as the man who narrates the order of events does not himself create that order; and as he who describes the situations of places, or the natures of animals, or roots, or minerals, does not describe arrangements of man; and as he who points out the stars and their movements does not point out anything that he himself or any other man has ordained;—in the same way, he who says, “When the consequent is false, the antecedent must also be false,” says what is most true; but he does not himself make it so, he only points out that it is so."

Here is an associated article I wrote on this subject: LINK

God only asks two things: Love others as a reflection of our love for the One who created it all. Reflect this love by following the laws we observe in nature. Again, "Have you heard this!" Faith in God is necessary. An acknowledgement of this great work in us is a prerequisite. Honor is owed in the form of praise for what was bestowed to us. Pride only elevates self against others and God.

When I say WAKE UP above, I mean that each of us should come off our high station of pride against God and realize what Neal says: "It's true whether or not you believe in it." Wake up to the truth as quickly as you can. Have a faithful heart to what is most obvious. God loves us enough to provide a way, yet demands truth to be prized over all that we can claim as our own.

God will not allow us to relax until we see. Jesus said, "You must be born again." This life, and any other we live, is for our benefit and growth. I, for one, am ready to relax at the feet of God in heaven. There is only one way to the pasture on the green. Faith and trust in God's authority is the key.

edit on 13-12-2011 by SuperiorEd because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 05:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarkKnight21

reply to post by Equidae

There may be a deity, but even a cursory glance at the headlines shows he (if he is supposedly omnipotent and care about us) is a mercurial sadist with a rubric for morality that makes Hitler look like Quaker Boy Scout who rescues kittens from trees.

This is a very generalized statement. Do you care to share any particular verses that bother you?

When examining the character of someone, we must take into account not only the actions but also the motives behind those actions. This is a universal truth and is also biblical (John 7:24). The God of the Bible has always been about separating light from darkness. Despite being described as a man who spoke some of the most profound and sublime words, Jesus experienced anger. But the book makes clear distinctions between righteous anger and anger that is bred of hate. His anger was towards the hypocrites in the temple whose greed had caused them to turn a place of worship into a "den of thieves" (Matthew 21:12-13). Often we associate anger as a negative emotion, but here we see him using it to bring light to the corruption of the temple. His anger was justified.

Can we justify everything God does? Probably not. Our understanding is limited only by perspective.

YouTube won't let me embed, but I do hope that you watch this one.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 05:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Equidae

A cursory glance at at Hitler shows what God seeks to change about humanity. We are the sum total of our choices. As Buddha says with this reflection of the Eastern Way:

We are what we think.
All that we are arises with our thoughts.
With our thoughts we make the world.
Speak or act with an impure mind
And trouble will follow you
As the wheel follows the ox that draws the cart.
We are what we think.
All that we are arises with our thoughts.
With our thoughts we make the world.
Speak or act with a pure mind
And happiness will follow you
As your shadow, unshakable.
"Look how he abused me and hurt me,
How he threw me down and robbed me."
Live with such thoughts and you live in hate.
"Look how he abused me and hurt me,
How he threw me down and robbed me."
Abandon such thoughts, and live in love.
In this world
Hate never yet dispelled hate.
Only love dispels hate.
This is the law,
Ancient and inexhaustible.

Philosophy says it this way:

Anybody can become angry - that is easy, but to be angry with the right person and to the right degree and at the right time and for the right purpose, and in the right way - that is not within everybody's power and is not easy. Aristotle

Jesus says it this way in Matthew 5:

43 “You have heard that it was said, ‘Love your neighbor[a] and hate your enemy.’ 44 But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, 45 that you may be children of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. 46 If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Are not even the tax collectors doing that? 47 And if you greet only your own people, what are you doing more than others? Do not even pagans do that? 48 Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect.

God is perfect. There can be no other way to view Him. We are vastly imperfect. The way to rise, as Buddha points out, is not to say, ""Look how he abused me and hurt me, How he threw me down and robbed me." Live with such thoughts and you live in hate. Hate cannot dispel hate. Only love dispels hate. God is the one who dispels with love. You say God is a mercurial sadist. God, regardless of our view of Him, stands for honor and protection of those who love Him and others. We cannot ascribe hate to the one who loves. We cannot ascribe evil on the one who demands that we observe righteousness.

The single greatest evidence that we can ascribe to God as goodness is the fact that He demands our own.

In this reply, I have shown the Eastern Way and the perspective of Philosophy. Compared to this, I have shown the true perspective of Life. Love God and love your neighbor--even your enemies. Hate cannot dispel hate. Only love dispels hate. This is the way to love and earn peace for all men, not merely the few over the many. Tyranny is the opposite of God. God is not found among the tyrants of this world, nor will the proud be found among near to God. We make this choice to create our world.

Jesus summed it up this way: "“I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."

Did you catch that? The Way and the Truth leading to Life by coming to the Father in faith. There is no other way. God does not compromise as men compromise in weakness. His strength can be ours in faith.

If God compromised, as men compromise, what would our quantum world look like? Truth demands perfection. God delivers. This is a wonderful and significant story of truth. God is the evidence for a theory of everything. Fiat Lux!

Hebrews 11

3 By faith we understand that the universe was formed at God’s command, so that what is seen was not made out of what was visible.

In the beginning (Time), God created the Heavens (Space) and the earth (Matter). Let there be light (Energy). In the Beginning was the Word (Wave / John 1). Light is a duality of particle and wave. We are the image of this duality of light and projected into God's image within this created image of reality. As the video points out, we are this image, created by what is unseen. God said it first.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 05:21 AM
link   
In reference to OP...

Hello World, fence sitter here. I watched the videos, thank you for putting them up BTW, but I have some opinions and some questions.

The first two videos were pretty "shotty" IMO. Unless you are firmly planted in the bible, many of the statements were not referenced, especially the second video, and have no way of knowing if this is just more smoke being blown, or actual statements from the bible. Not really sure why someone would talk about a subject such as the end of the world, and then not give it's reference points "exactly" from the bible appropriately and accordingly like as bad as the second video doesn't provide. Examples:

Video 1
-"The time of the End was to be marked by an astronomical increase in man's travel ability and knowledge and communication exchange." It then went on to give supporting evidence on this claim. Where is this statement in the bible? Seem to be having a problem finding it.
-Where exactly in the bible does it state that "Russia and Iran" will be the two states that attack Israel?

"Four Startling Prophesies" (#2 doesn't need evidence)
1) Transportation, information, and communication explosion
3) Russia and Iran conspiring together - boldly for an attack on Israel and for her destruction
4) The Gospel of Jesus being preached in the whole world with "lightning" speed

Where exactly can these things be found since the author was careful to not site these specific passages like he did thoroughly on the rest of his video.

2nd video
- and they had a leader over them - one named... "Saddam The Destroyer"
- "Forth angel trumpeted...and the abyss was opened, and out of the ground came black smoke, and a third part of the sun, moon, stars and the day were darkened."

Where exactly are these claims and also the 8 months of darkness the author is tying to the oil rigs burning, and the bible prophecy?

I have searched some bible indexes and Googled it and I am not seeing what the author of the video is saying correlating to his supporting thesis.

3rd video
- He makes a reference about salvation and Jesus saving us. 4 minute mark. "Saved is the perfect term to use...you were literally saved by Jesus Christ, and he pulled you out of a burning house...It's a really big deal." So if I am in a burning house, and someone came by and said, I am only going to pull you out of this burning house "if" you say this, "You are my master..." However, if you don't say this and believe it completely, I am going to keep walking right by you and let you burn to death. So wouldn't I really be saving myself by making a decision to say this, and not the passer by just be willing to save me at random? I mean I have been given a choice not to burn in this house of fire, or be pulled out. How exactly was I saved by Jesus and not by some action of my own? I would be saving myself because I had to make a choice.

I think this is an absolute horrible analogy. Why would someone walking by give me a choice in a time of immediate danger and dire distress to stay in the burning house or stay in it? Obviously, I would say anything at all to get out of the fire wouldn't I? What person on the planet, that is somewhat normal, would even give someone a statement like this, and not just immediately leap in and pull me out? Why do I have to prove anything before I am saved from the fire. Human instinct would be to save the person without even thinking about it, but Jesus would actually walk right past at my worst moment, not thinking clearly, based of something so ridiculous like pride and ego? Like really?? I am a sinner and I wouldn't even walk past someone in a burning fire no matter what I thought of them, but Jesus would?

He also says, everyone is saved by just believing at the 10 minute mark. By just "believing." Believing what exactly? Book of life already has the names listed in it long before most of us were even around. It's not really that long of a list. If the book was already written before I was born, then it was never up to me to whether I believed or not to get into heaven, it was already established what I was going to believe. How does freewill fit into this at all if God has already decided ahead of time who is in or out? In fact, it doesn't matter what I do at all then, it's all God's will anyway no?

Actually I turned the video off at the 15 minute mark. I can't get past this analogy of the burning house and Jesus just walking by when someone is on fire because they don't believe or whatever you want to call it. That is just too much for me all together and I have to take a break for a bit.

If you can help me with some of those questions, maybe I can come back to it later.

Thanks

(now is your chance lonewolf....have at it)
edit on 13-12-2011 by Awoken4Ever because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 05:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Awoken4Ever

He also says, everyone is saved by just believing at the 10 minute mark. By just "believing." Believing what exactly? Book of life already has the names listed in it long before most of us were even around.

Thank you for the post. It was very interesting. I especially noticed the comment above. This is a very complex thought and requires us to step back and see what is really taking place in our reality.

We are the observer. Just like a game on a screen, we collapse the memory location of our player from the overall gamescape. The difference: Life is not a game we play. We collapse the indeterminate wave of reality. Indeterminate means, not yet determined. For us, a destiny is lived by God's overall design. Paradoxically, we have the opportunity to determine our navigation from level one to the end. The nature of reality is a story God tells. We experience the story on three basic levels. We are the witnesses to the story by sight, sound and experience.

Confucius sums it up nicely. "I hear and I forget. I see and I learn. I do and I understand." We are the witness to the fall of Satan and the birth of a free universe. We will receive a new earth, apart from sin and death. The universe will be reborn after the story is told. This reality is the one that tells us how to proceed to the promised land where destiny will be open to us. Before this can happen, God must show us the lessons necessary for the final experience.

Future bliss can neither be imagined, explained, nor described. We know nothing of its nature, form, greatness, or beauty, its quantity or quality. This much one should know, the phrase, "the world to come," does not imply that it is a world yet to be called into existence; it exists already, but the phrase is employed to describe the life into which those who are in the present stage of existence will be transposed when they throw off this mortal coil. MIDRASH

Our inheritance is the new universe:

Deuteronomy 4 (Deut. is the Hitchhikers Guide to the new reality)

19 And when you look up to the sky and see the sun, the moon and the stars—all the heavenly array—do not be enticed into bowing down to them and worshiping things the LORD your God has apportioned to all the nations under heaven. 20 But as for you, the LORD took you and brought you out of the iron-smelting furnace, out of Egypt, to be the people of his inheritance, as you now are.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 06:03 AM
link   
reply to post by DarkKnight21

Great thoughts! This is added to my favorites. Thank you!

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Some food for thought on the verses in Revelations 8 concerning a "star falling" that poisons 1/3 of the waters. The video suggests Chernobyl, but more and more I'm thinking that it's got to be Japan. Japan is a volcanic island and the verse specifically mentions a poisoning of "springs". Also, they are represented by the red sun, and the name of the country literally means "Land of the Rising Sun" because it is the first country in Asia to see sunlight from the East. Note Revelations 7:13: "Then the stars of the sky fell to the earth like green figs falling from a tree shaken by a strong wind." Japan is also the first country to see the sun set in the west.

Where else do we see "stars falling"? Where else do we see the sun setting on the infrastructure of government and society? What other major countries use stars as symbols in their flag?

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
even if such a deity was real, I refuse to venerate anyone who is as much of a megalomaniacal, bloodthirsty, capricious, petty, and all around vengeful sociopath as the Judeo-Christian God. Anyone who would knowingly make humans as they are, know in advance what they would do, and still condemn them to an eternity of barbequing in between sessions of torture that would give even Uday Hussein the heebie jeebies is not worthy of any veneration. Period. The Bible shows that God not only sanctions, but encourages or requires acts of murder, rape, incest, genocide, racism, misogyny, to name only a few. Jesus/Muhammed/whoever's message of peace and love cannot possibly make up for their downright vile crimes that surround their brief feel good words.

If anyone but God wrote a book that contained even a fraction of what is in the Bible then they would quickly be committed for the rest of their lives due to an obvious violent mental instability. Hitler, Pol Pot, Stalin, Milosevic, etc didn't write stuff anywhere near as explicit as what is in The Bible. Only in the name of religion do you have people blowing themselves up to murder innocent civilians, attempt to wipe out entire ethnic groups, start an unprovoked war for 'holy' ground, or kill people over whether or not they believe a cracker becomes the body and blood of God. Religion is ultimately why I was sent overseas twice to fight a war against people barely out of the Stone Age who couldn't even read the holy book that they shot mortars or set IEDs over. Only in the context of religion is this sort of behavior ever considered normal!

Anyone advocating for any religion: please go and read your holy book first. And don't listen to any of the nonsense from clerics of why whatever atrocity contained within was 'justified.' Just think about would you want that to happen to your family over screwing up a census, giving God vegetables instead of blood, or whatever utterly human action or fallibility that gets (Insert Pompous Almighty Deity Here)'s panties in a twist. Then after honestly considering that scenario come back and honestly tell me you think any of what is advocated is something you would be proud to say is done in your name. If after that you can somehow okay any of it then please go check yourself into the nearest psych ward so no more innocent people have to suffer the consequences of your homage to an obviously deranged deity
edit on 13/12/11 by Equidae because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   
My favorites are:

Hosea 13:16 "The people of Samaria must bear their guilt, because they have rebelled against their God. They will fall by the sword; their little ones will be dashed to the ground, their pregnant women ripped open."

2:23-25 And he went up from thence unto Bethel: and as he was going up by the way, there came forth little children out of the city, and mocked him, and said unto him, Go up, thou bald head; go up, thou bald head. And he turned back, and looked on them, and cursed them in the name of the LORD. And there came forth two she bears out of the wood, and tare forty and two children of them. And he went from thence to mount Carmel, and from thence he returned to Samaria.

10:7-11 And it came to pass, when the letter came to them, that they took the king's sons, and slew seventy persons, and put their heads in baskets, and sent him them to Jezreel. And there came a messenger, and told him, saying, They have brought the heads of the king's sons. And he said, Lay ye them in two heaps at the entering in of the gate until the morning. And it came to pass in the morning, that he went out, and stood, and said to all the people, Ye be righteous: behold, I conspired against my master, and slew him: but who slew all these? Know now that there shall fall unto the earth nothing of the word of the LORD, which the LORD spake concerning the house of Ahab: for the LORD hath done that which he spake by his servant Elijah. So Jehu slew all that remained of the house of Ahab in Jezreel, and all his great men, and his kinsfolks, and his priests, until he left him none remaining.

Exodus 21:7 When a man sells his daughter as a slave, she will not be freed at the end of six years as the men are.

Leviticus 19:20 "And whosoever lieth carnally with a woman, that is a bondmaid, betrothed to an husband, and not at all redeemed, nor freedom given her; she shall be scourged; they shall not be put to death, because she was not free."

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join