It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reactor 4 is falling apart, Arnie Gundersen said "If #4 collapses, get the hell out of Japan"

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 05:18 AM
link   
@ Op

you cant provide any evidence and not a real Source (like one of the big Organizations),
you just copied a Message from a 3 Class Blog like all the other done!

With this you just created fear and suffering.

I don't blame you because you are just Human,
but with Nuclear Technology we cant play and copy BS.

Already a few Hours after the Message on FD all the People who do a proper Research
said that this News are very doubtful!

Go for the Story and not for Stars and Flags

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 06:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Human0815

Yes, I'm confused by what is being said here. The following article suggests that Japans is ready to declare the plant in stable condition.

TOKYO (AP) — Japan is poised to declare its crippled nuclear plant virtually stable nine months after a devastating tsunami, but the facility still leaks some radiation, remains vulnerable to earthquakes and shows no prospect for cleanup for decades.

Source:

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by ThreeNF

You should not fear this Situation (That Reactor 4 is [not] collapsing)

Tepco just cut of Rubble, please look for the big Thread afir actual Page!

The Japanese Government claimed the Plant is in a "Cold Shutdown"
but this is impossible because the "Organs" of the Plant are broken
and a "real control" is impossible!

But,. we survived already 9 Month and i never expected this,
i am a little bit optimistic that the real big damage can be avoid

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Being optimistic is good
I see you're located in Tokyo so I suppose you have to be

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by bottleslingguy

Originally posted by GothamKnight
We are all suffering from information overload.

that's just how tptb like it

What one has to do, is employ extremely efficient discriminators when filtering throgh the mass of white noise that is produced. With this in mind, one can look at the information (not) provided and, like an autostereogram a pattern will emerge on which things otherwise obfuscated will be easily perceived.

Of the ~1535 (the chart below shows the breakdown) assemblies on the SFP of R4, ~200 are are fresh, unirradiated core awaitng the replcement of the shroud of the reactor.

Caltech .pdf *******This is the direct link to the full 10MB file******

The remainder are previously used cores and are being bled of decay heat before being moved to the CSFP building:

Where more decay heat is bled off through a series of heat exchangers before he assemblies being eventually encased in a dry cask for long-term storage:

building in fireground to the right of the image is the dry cask storage facility

If the hanging basket of the R4 SFP were to spill it's contents upon the ground at this time, Tokyo would be a goner considering the prevailing winds at this time.

Not saying that this has happened, only indicating that if it does, the situation will be worse than it currently is which is pretty bad

edit on 14-12-2011 by jadedANDcynical because: fixed image tags to allow scrolling

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
No one responded to the post I made about the bright light (it could be nothing)....but if anyone is interested, you can see the video here....it's at reactor #4 if I'm not mistaken. I'm going to try to catch it again today and see if it is the same. www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
I live in Italy and our news says that reactor 4 came down on December 13 and mass evacuation is a possible issue.
It actually came down. Its over.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   

edit on 14-12-2011 by manicminxx because: wrong thread! :X

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   
There are before and after photographs on a website called enenews.com

Another report on youtube - username 6aus49Winner - 2.11mins
Title - Explosion collapses a wall at the Fukishima Daiichi No 3

Much Peace...

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 02:33 AM
link   
Why does this remain unreported when it should be the most reported story on TV right now? These people just fill the media with dumb stuff and leave the important ones out. I may not be able to stop anything from happening but I pray that its effect is minimal if and when it happens.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zagari
I live in Italy and our news says that reactor 4 came down on December 13 and mass evacuation is a possible issue.
It actually came down. Its over.

It would be interesting to see your source

As far as i know no evacuation happened as well as no collapse!

I know that one Guy reported this on his Blog
and the whole so called "Alternative Media" copied this
without seeing any reason to research by them self!

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Lot's of conflicting information, interesting. Japan PM is supposed to declare Fukushima shutdown on Friday.

TOKYO, Japan (AFP) - Japanese Prime Minister Yoshihiko Noda is expected to announce on Friday that the crippled Fukushima nuclear plant has been brought under control, reports said.

Source

I guess time will tell

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Remember Chernobyl? It too hit the news headlines at the time it happened and was then missing from all news reports. Years later people learned what was happening and saw the photographs of all the Children with various medical issues. Today there are still special facilities to house and care for the people - still - being born with radiation related health problems.

Fukishima - as experts are telling us - is far worse than Chernobyl and situated on the edge of a major ocean. If the Japanese government are preparing a statement that indicates they are trying to allay public fear, otherwise they would not need to 'prepare' a statement they would just report what is happening.

The media is full of spin - look at the photographs - look at the damage and remember the active length of life of radiation. Search for photographs of the Chernobyl Children still being born - and remember Fukishima is a far bigger disaster!

Much Peace...

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amanda5
Fukishima - as experts are telling us - is far worse than Chernobyl

Not one single credible expert has made that claim. Even most of the quote unquote "experts" who aren't really who were claiming that back in March have since backed away from that claim.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by vox2442

While I respect your opinion I have listened to Dr Helen Caldicott - a reputable and educated person who has convinced me of the severity of the situation. Have you seen her youtube clips or read her literature?

Also know the media will manipulate what the populous sees within mainstream media. As long as information in this world is controlled - I believe that we - as individuals have to make up our own mind. I believe the situation is serious and unless you can show me that radioactive contamination - of any type is not a threat to any living thing then I will continue to know the truth.

Much Peace...

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Thinking about all that's going.. and has been for what? 9 months now? ..makes me sick.
The oil spill in the gulf was sicking to watch go on, and on, and no one care....
But this makes me really nauseous...

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Article on www.japantoday.com
Youtube - Dr Helen Caldicott - Fukishima Nuclear Disaster - You won't hear this on Main Stream News

Search Dr Caldicott and you will find listed her many academic qualifications and professional achievements. The youtube clip is about ten minutes in length and is as concise and as informative as you are going to find anywhere in the media. I recommend this clip because she explains what radiation is - what radiation does - and explains how Fukishima is profoundly a catastrophe of immense proportions and why.

If you think that Fukishima is not a threat to the planet - I would encourage to watch the link on Dr Caldicott if only to learn about the elements that make up the entire picture. What has happened is eventually going to touch every person one way or another.

I am not trying to convince anyone to change their mind I am posting concise easy to understand resources to help people better understand the situation. Just sharing information - make up your own mind.

Much Peace...for all the Japanese people who took the brunt of this catastrophe...

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 02:11 AM
link   
everything is fine

worldnews.msnbc.msn.com...

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 04:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by SalientSkivvy
Thinking about all that's going.. and has been for what? 9 months now? ..makes me sick.
The oil spill in the gulf was sicking to watch go on, and on, and no one care....
But this makes me really nauseous...

I think the more scary think is that when you get older you know
that there is always something going on,
this means, like you have seen already with the BP-Oil,
the next mayor accident is just around the corner!

We are in the urgent need to reduce the danger
but in the same moment we need to go on and on and even further!

Until now we are more than lucky and even when the Death Toll is above 1.000.000
(what i don';t hope)
we will be still lucky!
(Insurances here speak about a ratio of 1 Person from 4.700 Citizens
get affected, that would be 27.659 Humans)

But returning to the Topic:

I think we can be sure that this Article
(Reactor 4) was gossip!

A Message like we saw today would be never announced
when there is such a huge danger!

Japan is strange but this is not the USA/ USSR in the days of the Cold War!

edit on 16-12-2011 by Human0815 because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-12-2011 by Human0815 because: formato

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 05:53 AM
link   
This sounds absolutely dreadful and I hope to christ that wall doesnt collapse for the sake of japan, I wish them all the luck in the world and I hope they stay safe.

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join