It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reactor 4 is falling apart, Arnie Gundersen said "If #4 collapses, get the hell out of Japan"

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by BoneMosaic
reply to post by Human0815

Thanks for the link.

I don't know wether or not I'll be able to give him some food for thought, but at any rate I don't want my neices and nephews to be born with extra or missing parts of their bodies.

maybe I'm worrying too much...

I am normally very calm and rational since a few Month in and of this crisis
but i avoid to get Babies at the moment because of this Disaster
because we do not know what is happen in the next moment!

Maybe they should wait a few years until the Plant is more stable,
this must be controlled by an international Gremium!

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Fukushima disaster contaminated ocean with 50 million times normal radiation, leaks still ongoing

Learn more: www.naturalnews.com...

This report, published in Environmental Science & Technology, reveals that levels of radioactive cesium reached 50 million times normal levels in the ocean water off the coast of the Fukushima Dai-ichi facility. Even more concerning, the abstract of this paper concludes, "...the concentrations through the end of July remain higher than expected implying continued releases from the reactors or other contaminated sources, such as groundwater or coastal sediments."

This, of course, contradicts mainstream media reports which for the most part stated that the radiation was "contained" and was not leaking directly into the environment. Only the alternative press has covered the real story on Fukushima, which has now become the worst radiological accident in the history of human civilization.

The data show peak ocean discharges in early April, one month after the earthquake and a factor of 1000 decrease in the month following. Interestingly, the concentrations through the end of July remain higher than expected implying continued releases from the reactors or other contaminated sources, such as groundwater or coastal sediments. By July, levels of 137Cs are still more than 10 000 times higher than levels measured in 2010 in the coastal waters off Japan.

pubs.acs.org...
edit on 13-12-2011 by lover088 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlutAusNord
Just like Chernobyl, reactor number 4.
Unfortunately, I expect the worst.

Exactly. And how many years did it take for that truth to come out.

I think for those old enough to remember Chernobyl happening, and the aftermath, and then decades later the truth.. We all knew Japan was worse than Chernobyl.

What really shocks me is how quiet China and surrounding Countries have been about this.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Alaska Ring Seals Dying From Unknown Disease

Alaska ring seals with a mysterious disease have been beaching themselves and dying along the Arctic coastline since July, Reuters reports. The number of beached seals has steadily risen of late, according to the report, which cites biologists at the North Slope Borough Department of Wildlife Management. According to Reuters, about 100 ailing seals have been found in Barrow, half of which died. Villagers in nearby areas have also reported 146 seals beached with the mystery illness.

www.thirdage.com...

A mysterious and potentially widespread disease is thought to have contributed to the deaths of dozens of ringed seals along Alaska's Arctic coast. Scores more are sickened, some so ill that skin lesions bleed when touched. The animals are an important subsistence food, and the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration has proposed listing them as threatened or endangered under the Endangered Species Act. In July, biologists with the North Slope Borough's Department of Wildlife Management began receiving reports of ringed seals hauled out on beaches, an unusual behavior since the animals usually prefer the water or ice. Since then, they've found at least 100 seals with telltale mangy hair and skin lesions, mostly while traveling by four-wheeler along 30 miles of Beaufort and Chukchi sea coastline outside Barrow.

hisz.rsoe.hu...

edit on 13-12-2011 by lover088 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Justaposter

What really shocks me is how quiet China and surrounding Countries have been about this.

Maybe because they focus on the facts

(and forget that the danger will continue for the next 10- 20 years at least)

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Wild monkeys to measure radiation levels in Fukushima
Wild monkeys in nuclear-hit Fukushima are to be fitted with special radiation-reading monitors in order to measure contamination levels in forests.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

this is all just a dream. none of it is real.

crazy basterds dreaming dreams.
edit on 13-12-2011 by JohnySeagull because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by musashi9
I live in Japan and have done since the EQ. What a joke this thread is. bunch of nutters the lot of you!!!!

Greetings:

Thank you for your participation, such as it is.

Since you consider this thread a joke, why don't you start one to help "bunch of nutters" understand your perspective on the perceived crisis in your country?

We promise you more than an unsubstantiated rejoinder.

How long have you lived in Japan and what are you doing to help your fellow countrymen, if we may be so bold as to ask?

You seem to be able to throw out inane comments such as the one above, but will not/can not address the real situation, either due to lack of education and understanding, or the obvious intent to disrupt and derail any meaningful communication regarding the true situation at Fukushima Dai-ichi.

Please feel free to join us on any of our signature threads and answer this comment that was left for you by esteemed member j&c, if you please.

Here would be a good place to share your knowledge:
Japan declares a ‘nuclear emergency‘ after quake

As soon as the rods melted through the bottom of the containment vessel and became a molten puddle of radioactive lava (corium) it started melting through the concrete basemat.

At this point, no known technology on earth has the capability to stop the uncontrolled nuclear reaction.

The amount of time this would have taken depends upon a number of factors, but suffice to say, by this time, if the blob hasn't been diluted enough by the concrete, it's in the sandstone/mudstone beneath presently.

If by some chance any of the corium masses haven't made it through the basemat, and they do break through reaching a liquid volume of any appreciable size, and we may see a steam explosion which would leave quite an impressive crater, taking most of the site with it.

We look forward to further communication and perhaps learning something from your unique viewpoint.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Peace Love Light
tfw
[align=center][color=magenta]Liberty & Equality or Revolution[/align]

edit on 13/12/2011 by thorfourwinds because: type color?

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   
So I guess being on the west coast maybe I should grab some KI tablets?...you know...just is case..I bet they're cheaper now that the "panic" has subsided and the general public has been properly lulled back to sleep.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Justaposter

Don't really see why china would be upset, the jet stream is keeping it away from them and blowing it straight towards the US, least thats my take on it. Now if the jet stream were blowing the other way, then yeah china would be all kinds of upset.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Thank you gang for posting the jet streams flow for me.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by lover088

We should start seeing mermaids by the end of the decade.

Radioactive mermaids.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by thorfourwinds

Facts are being completely ignored in this thread whilst wild speculation and ignorance are rewarded and applauded.... Why would he want to attempt to make a fair assessment of the situation in Japan when so many here are biased almost to the point of foaming at the mouth?

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Everywhere there are nuclear power plants the containment vessels should be redesigned.

They should have some kind of vessel that looks a bit like one of those orange juice squeezers, a fluted inverted lemon shape that can channel melted fuel down in separate rivulets to modular refractory containers for removal. I'm amazed that this isn't the world standard already anyway.

I think we need nuclear power but we absolutely have to be the complete masters of any sort of possible accident and must retrofit all reactors accordingly.

What a trajedy for Japan. This is what happens when scientists, politicians and businessmen are left in control of undertakings that have implications for everyone.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   
amy imo was talking about the cooling towers and not the actual reactors.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
If nothing else, the tragic casualties suffered by the humble people of Japan (not once, but TWICE) will finally open the World's eyes to the inherent folly of nuclear power.

Hopefully the tragic casualties suffered by the humble people of Japan will cause us to turn our combined efforts to sustainable, clean power.

Hopefully the tragic casualties suffered by the humble people of Japan will turn even the most ruthlessly capitalistic MNCs away from their destructive quest for "wealth".

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Atzil321
reply to post by thorfourwinds

Facts are being completely ignored in this thread whilst wild speculation and ignorance are rewarded and applauded.... Why would he want to attempt to make a fair assessment of the situation in Japan when so many here are biased almost to the point of foaming at the mouth?

There may be some recent wild speculation and ignorance going on... However, there are a lot of individuals on this site who have followed this thing since the disaster started. There is a LOT more to this than the media or the Japanese govt is letting on. As already mentioned, this 1155 page thread is full of non-ignorance that many ATSers have been following since it's creation. It's one thing to shake off fear mongering, it's another thing to shake off the reality of the situation. Just my 2 cents.
edit on 13-12-2011 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   
I have trophic iodine, and have been taking 5 (just over 1500 mcg's) to 10 drops when I remember, whole family too, with several grams of C in juice. But forgot the last few days. This is a good reminder not to forget. Its not just to protect the thyroid. Research how malnourished in iodine we are, and what it actually does. It prevents cancers and detox's the body from heavy metals.

Also, lots and lots of Vit D.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Oh no.
It just keeps getting worse and worse for those folks.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Justaposter

Originally posted by BlutAusNord
Just like Chernobyl, reactor number 4.
Unfortunately, I expect the worst.

Keep in mind also - China has a population problem and

In March 2011, the Chinese government reviewed the policy and expressed considerations to allow for couples to have a second child.
Source

Odd that. Makes the mind wonder many horrific things.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I dont get it ..from thousands nuclear scientist ,experts... only Arnie Gundersen know what is really going in Fukushima ? I see him all the time in reports and articles .

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join