It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reactor 4 is falling apart, Arnie Gundersen said "If #4 collapses, get the hell out of Japan"

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by SquirrelNutz

It's not a great post... This is the headline ('Reactor 4 is falling apart, Arnie Gundersen said "If #4 collapses, get the hell out of Japan",) The first part is pure myth, the second part is pure sensationalism

edit on 13-12-2011 by Atzil321 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 08:06 AM
link   
This really sucks.. Why them? They are some of the most civilized, nicest, caring people in the world. This should have happened in the U.S. But I am sure our day is coming too.. My thoughts and prayers go out to them.

U

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   
uh, i would've been out of japan right away.

We are months behind in knowledge, it probably has already bled through.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Japan and Tokyo are very rarely mentioned in MSM today. If my memory is not playing tricks on me, these places were constantly in the news regarding politics, economics and culture, but alas , no more. Japan was , as i recall, the pioneers of electronic gadgets and fancy, disposable cars, the people worked hard with little holidays , and now we hear nothing of their involvement in the shaping of our world, (except the down side on ATS )such a shame

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by IncognitoGhostman
reply to post by FlyersFan

Is the camp you were at an Air Force base?

I ask because my step-son has just finished tech school and is heading to Japan for two years and have tried warning him to stay away or figure out a way to go somewhere else. I'm not sure if that's exactly where he's heading but will be home in a week for leave then heads over there.

Find out if they are giving them Potassium Iodide pills. They are "anti-radiation" pills. I don't know how much they shield you but that is what they are for. They protect your thyroid but I don't know much about radiation and other parts of the body.

U

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by USarmyFL
This really sucks.. Why them? They are some of the most civilized, nicest, caring people in the world.

Playing devil's advocate for a moment, maybe that's why. Caring sensible civilised people would be an enemy of TPTB. China has massive unused cities, Japan may need to evacuate. China is tightly controlled in tems of feedoms, Japan not so much.

It plays right into the hands of TPTB especially if the Japan quake was "man made".

Having said that I don't believe a word of it, but this is a conspiracy website and its there to see.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by PGRacer

This really sucks.. Why them? They are some of the most civilized, nicest, caring people in the world.

Playing devil's advocate for a moment, maybe that's why. Caring sensible civilised people would be an enemy of TPTB. China has massive unused cities, Japan may need to evacuate. China is tightly controlled in tems of feedoms, Japan not so much.

It plays right into the hands of TPTB especially if the Japan quake was "man made".

Having said that I don't believe a word of it, but this is a conspiracy website and its there to see.

Hmm now that I think about that, it does seem plausible in that aspect.

U

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   
You all wanna know something crazy?

my brother is engaged to a japanese girl and he plans on moving there to live. With all the things I hear including this I still can't convice him it is folly.

I still haven't read the whole thread, so if I find that this is exadurated this post may be edited.

ETA: She's from Osaka, is it dangerous to live there?
edit on 13-12-2011 by BoneMosaic because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Human0815
reply to post by lover088

Please ask yourself why so many People who intensively Study the problematic situation in Fukushima
are not of your Opinion!!!

Do you ever read the Roadmap?
Do you ever watch the Cam?

There were weird things on the web cam last time I checked. Green light and looked again like some kind of neutron beam. They took it off again recently too. Its the most suspicious looking camera I've seen, and nuclear is another bag of worms for these luicfereans. The shadows in those camera feeds have a lot of energy in the greenery around.

Nuclear IS the real anti christ.

As for the ranks of amateurs, the University studies in Japan and US, are extremely good. And they already revealed a huge gap between who is doing the reporting. The official government endorsed ones failed enormously.
edit on 13-12-2011 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by BoneMosaic
edit on 13-12-2011 by BoneMosaic because: (no reason given)

Its pretty dangerous to live anywhere these days!

As for Osaka, IF #4 does go wrong then Japan in general is going to be in serious trouble..

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones
this is a slow mo nuclear war
on the peeps

I have no link, but I do have a nuclear engineer in the family who is retired

he says in the long run we are effed

This is for sure nuclear war, for decades with all the depleted uranium. But this disaster tops any world wide disaster to date, this is a catastrophe. Goes where man has gone before in our recorded history. And it was orchestrated, deliberately. I even suspect those Ghost Cities built by China, with fully stocked stores, built for years, were built to house many of the Japanese.

But they're not going to fare well there either.

This is like George Green and his telling people to stock up on gold and move to South America. He talked of nuclear war, but its more quiet than that. Huge disasters from BP, and Fukushima. Chernobyl is also rumbling and acting up again. The Northern Hemisphere is being depopulated and poisoned, middle class and human rights destroyed. And anything anyone says or does with the Leaders or News falls on deaf ears.
edit on 13-12-2011 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   

I ask because my step-son has just finished tech school and is heading to Japan for two years and have tried warning him to stay away or figure out a way to go somewhere else. I'm not sure if that's exactly where he's heading but will be home in a week for leave then heads over there.

Find out if they are giving them Potassium Iodide pills. They are "anti-radiation" pills. I don't know how much they shield you but that is what they are for. They protect your thyroid but I don't know much about radiation and other parts of the body.

U

It's sweet of you to be so worried about them. Early on in the disaster, even people in the West Coast of the US were buying up available supplies of potassium iodide in lieu of reports of a wave of radiation coming here. You cannot take this stuff except on a temporary basis. It would be better to have a lot of kelp in the diet long term. The thyroid soaks up what it needs and that is why you take the stuff upon immediate impact, but if your thyroid is deficient it will more readily take in the radioactive iodine. The Japanese have traditionally had a lot of seafood containing natural iodine, but this is a long term thing, and there are other radionuclides, such as Caesium-137, so the iodide will not help you there so much as this isotope can absorb into other areas.
You might like to look at some of the older threads here as they were quite abundant during the early weeks and first couple months of the disaster. A lot of people dug up a lot of interesting information.

I just found something now that I was unaware of before and probably most Americans do not know

Most household smoke detectors contain americium formed in nuclear reactors. The radioisotope used is americium-241. The element americium is created by bombarding plutonium with neutrons in a nuclear reactor. Its isotope, Am-241 decays by emitting alpha particles and gamma radiation to become neptunium-237. The most common household smoke detectors use a very small quantity of Am-241 (about 0.29 micrograms per smoke detector) in the form of americium dioxide. The smoke detectors use the Am-241 since the alpha particles it emits collide with oxygen and nitrogen particles in the air. This occurs in the detector's ionization chamber where it produces charged particles or ions.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   
WOW.....I started a thread a few days ago asking what that light is. I knew it wasn't normal!
www.abovetopsecret.com... Some people thought it was welding but it is all night and during the day there is a "haze" in that area.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   

FYI: The u.s. Airbase:"Kadena" is located on the island of okinawa not the mainland of japan...Neverbeen there: Don't know if they are in any danger of exposure.
www.kadena.af.mil...

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by lover088

They really need to get a cloud-buster over there, it's the only thing able to disable a nuclear reactor from a safe distance and with no explosions.

Who here is willing to build one or who here lives in Japan? I can provide the plans and the means on how to build one.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Atzil321
reply to post by SquirrelNutz

It's not a great post... This is the headline ('Reactor 4 is falling apart, Arnie Gundersen said "If #4 collapses, get the hell out of Japan",) The first part is pure myth, the second part is pure sensationalism

I agree with your first sentence because Reactor 4 is not falling apart
but i disagree with your critique on Arnies Statement,
in the case the Pool is falling and start to burn i will evacuate all my Friends, Family and me of course asap!

I am really surprised to see this huge impact of a gossip story,
and even here on ATS where the People are normally more critical!

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by BoneMosaic

Have a read: blog.safecast.org...

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   

U
Natural Iodine goes straight to the thyroid gland. So radioactive isotopes of Iodine collect there.the "potassium iodide" pills merely saturate( fill up) the gland with harmless iodine so it is not collecting the radio active stuff.. there is no"shielding" to any part of the body including the thyroid.
edit on 13-12-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Human0815

Thanks for the link.

I don't know wether or not I'll be able to give him some food for thought, but at any rate I don't want my neices and nephews to be born with extra or missing parts of their bodies.

maybe I'm worrying too much...

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by 46ACE

From the medical point of view Potassium Iodine for a Blockade is not harmless
because Side Effects are well known,
for Children a Potassium Iodine Blockade need to be advised by a medical Doctor

The intake of potassium iodide tablets is recommended by the International Commission on Radiological Protection for the following dose levels:
0 – 12 years of age and pregnant women: 50 mSv and above

13 – 45 years of age (including breastfeeding mothers): 250 mSv and above

Adults of 45 years are recommended not to take iodine tablets by the ICRP, as the risk of serious thyroid disorders due to megadoses of iodine is greater than the radiation risk due to inhalation of radioiodine.

Cancer develops slowly, and in general carcinogenesis is much more dangerous to future health if it occurs earlier in life.

The most risk from radioiodine is caused by doses greater than the dose recommendations above, but less than 10 gray of organ dose. Above that value, the thyroid is destroyed, rendering thyroid cancer development impossible. Radioiodine can be administered purposefully in large doses to thyroid cancer patients, specifically to destroy the thyroid and the cancer along with it.

The thyroid gland is not necessary to live.

Although potassium iodide is usually harmless, the thyroid may react to large doses of iodine, causing goiters and other problems. Although seafood allergies are often confused for iodine allergy, as seafood contains high amounts of iodine, seafood allergies are typically caused by proteins including parvalbumins in fish and tropomyosins in crustaceans and mollusks. O

nly very rarely are humans allergic to iodine itself, though this should not be taken to mean that taking large doses of iodine entails no risk of side effects.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join