It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reactor 4 is falling apart, Arnie Gundersen said "If #4 collapses, get the hell out of Japan"

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+80 more 
posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Reactor 4 is falling apart
Posted by Mochizuki on December 12th, 2011 ·

The wall of the south side is falling apart at reactor 4. Reactor 4 is in the most serious situation. It is assumed that if another aftershock hits it to drop the spent fuel pool hung in the building, the entire area in eastern Japan would be too contaminated to be inhabitable.
On 12/2/2011 (JST), something like “fire” was observed beside reactor 4. Since then, a strong light has been set toward Fukuichi camera as if it was hiding something by white out. However, thanks to JNN Fukushima live camera, it was confirmed that the wall of reactor 4 was lost on the south side. At least since 12/5/2011, the wall is missing.

fukushima-diary.com... Diary%29

Report: “Confirmed that the wall of reactor 4 was lost on the south side” (PHOTOS)

enenews.com...

Fukushima Diary, Dec. 12, 2011:

Wall of the south side is falling apart at reactor 4
Assumed that if another aftershock hits it to drop the spent fuel pool hung in the building the entire area in eastern Japan would be too contaminated to be habitat
It was confirmed that the wall of reactor 4 was lost on the south side
At least since 12/5/2011, the wall is missing

Eastern Japanese are starting to have bruise on their bodies

This kind of posts will be “unconfirmed” forever. A Japanese citizen talked about his own symptoms on a Japanese forum. In his case, a bruise appeared on his stomach and it does not hurt even if he touches it. This is only one of the many cases posted on the internet. I expect someone who got through
Chernobyl or has radioactive medical knowledge to see this picture.
His symptoms are:

fukushima-diary.com...

New Video of Scientist Kaltofen Presenting to American Public Health Association

fairewinds.com...

fairewinds.com...

(Akio Matsumura, Sept. 29, 2011):

In the last weeks, I have been speaking constantly with Japanese government and party leaders on this urgent issue. Surprisingly, most of them were not aware of the dangerous situation. I, along with many eminent scientists, are emphasizing the precarious situation of the fourth reactor that contains 1,535 nuclear fuel rods in the pool and is balanced on the second floor, outside of the reactor containment vessel. If the fuel rods spill onto the ground, disaster will ensue and force Tokyo and Yokohama to close, creating a gigantic evacuation zone. All scientists I have talked with say that if the structure collapses we will be in a situation well beyond where science has ever gone. The destiny of Japan will be changed and the disaster will certainly compromise the security of neighboring countries and the rest of the world in terms of health, migration and geopolitics. The Japanese government should immediately create an independent assessment team to determine the structural integrity of the spent fuel pool and its supporting structure. This is of the highest importance: the structure’s security is critical to the country’s future.

akiomatsumura.com...

Arnie Gundersen:

“… It could have cut Japan in half. But now the winds have turned, so they are heading to the south toward Tokyo and now my concern and my advice to friends that if there is a severe aftershock and the Unit 4 building collapses, leave. We are well beyond where any science has ever gone at that point and nuclear fuel lying on the ground and getting hot is not a condition that anyone has ever analyzed.”

edit on 12-12-2011 by lover088 because: (no reason given)

Leakage from spent fuel pool of reactor 4 (Fukushima Diary, Nov. 9, 2011):

www.infiniteunknown.net... r-plant-video/

By SHANNON DININNY Associated Press
RICHLAND, Wash. December 11, 2011 (AP)

CAPTION: The H reactor is one of nine nuclear reactors at Hanford, where it is feared that contaminated groundwater is moving steadily toward the Columbia River and posing a danger to fish and the people who eat them

[...] But the worst of the waste is still decades away from being completely removed. Millions of gallons of a highly radioactive stew — enough to fill dozens of Olympic-size swimming pools — are stored in aging underground tanks. Some of those tanks have leaked, threatening the groundwater and the river.

[...] Two Hanford workers filed suit as whistleblowers, claiming they were targeted for reprisals after raising safety concerns. The largest of the safety complaints deal with specifications for the process by which the waste would be mixed. The whistleblowers say, as specified, it could result in dangerous gas concentrations as well as a settling of waste within the mixing vessels. Those issues largely center on a pretreatment building where the worst waste will be funneled

[...] Any problems there would be significant because workers will not be able to enter certain areas once operations commence because of high levels of radioactivity. [...]

abcnews.go.com...

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
This sounds really bad. I hope that the people who live in Eastern Japan are going to be told the truth and then an evacuation, hopefully, not panic-stricken, will happen soon.

This could end up being quite a catastrophic thread.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   

"If #4 collapses, get the hell out of Japan",

I would think that the 'get the hell out of Japan' thing has already happened - considering the radiation levels in Tokyo and all. SIDE NOTE - I was stationed for three years at Camp Zama near Tokyo, and I'm VERY glad not to be there right now. I feel our service members over there are in danger, no matter that the military says they are keeping an eye on the radiation levels.

+9 more 
posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
And if they EVER have to evacuate Tokyo, the world economy is done.

But who cares about the economy when it comes to save lives. Only crazy people think about the economy. (like the Japanese government (among other governments) who love to censor information about the real situation up there)
edit on 12-12-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Is the camp you were at an Air Force base?

I ask because my step-son has just finished tech school and is heading to Japan for two years and have tried warning him to stay away or figure out a way to go somewhere else. I'm not sure if that's exactly where he's heading but will be home in a week for leave then heads over there.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
I'm a skeptic by nature, but there is too much solid evidence in addition to the eyewitness reports to believe that this is anything less than the epic disaster it's being portrayed as. It is staggering that the Japanese government continues to act like everything is under control, I know the Japanese are a proud people but this is ridiculous, they need to beg and plead for International help NOW. Indications are that the fuel rods have breached the inner containment, but not yet the outer containment, so it's not too late (yet). If and when they breach the outer containment the region will become a dead zone and there is little that could be done to salvage it at that point.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Tuesday, Dec. 13, 2011

SENTAKU MAGAZINE
"Real cause of nuclear crisis"

Evidence is mounting that the meltdown at the nuclear power plant was actually caused by the earthquake itself.
Scientific findings have given rise to serious suspicion of Tepco’s claim that the crisis at the nuclear power plant was caused by the tsunami, and not by the earthquake.
A view that blames the tremor as the true culprit is becoming more and more trusted.

Science journalist Mitsuhiko Tanaka, formerly with Babcock-Hitachi K.K. as an engineer responsible for designing the pressure vessel for Fukushima Daiichi Reactor No. 4

Tepco is afraid that if the earthquake were to be determined as the direct cause of the accident, the government would have to review its quake-resistance standards completely.
Would delay by years the resumption of the operation of existing nuclear power stations that are suspended currently due to regular inspections.
“Vulnerability to earthquake resistance of the nuclear reactor’s core structure” — would surface and that this will require a total review of the government’s safety standards.

Black Out

A Diet committee looking into the incident asked Tepco to submit a copy of the manual.
Most pages of the documents so submitted were “blacked out”.
The company alleged they contained trade secrets.
Totally dissatisfied, the committee issued another order to Tepco to submit the whole manual.
This led journalist Tanaka to come to the conclusion that the utility was not telling the truth.

Tokyo Electric Power Co. (Tepco), the operator of the stricken Fukushima No. 1 Nuclear Power Station, has been insisting that the culprit that caused the nuclear crisis was the huge tsunami that hit the plant after the March 11 earthquake. But evidence is mounting that the meltdown at the nuclear power plant was actually caused by the earthquake itself.
The journalist is Mitsuhiko Tanaka, formerly with Babcock-Hitachi K.K. as an engineer responsible for designing the pressure vessel for the No. 4 reactor at the ill-fated Fukushima nuclear plant.

He says if the earthquake caused the damage to the plumbing, leading to a "loss-of-coolant accident (LOCA)" in which vaporized coolant gushed into the containment building from the damaged piping, an entirely new problem — "vulnerability to earthquake resistance of the nuclear reactor's core structure" — would surface and that this will require a total review of the government's safety standards for nuclear power plants in Japan, which is quite frequently hit by earthquakes.

www.japantimes.co.jp...

+21 more 
posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
From the articles I have read and the news videos I have seen, this has always been a worse disaster than has been publicly admitted. If there is any official acknowledgement that the situation is worse, be warned that it is most likely much worse than what is being admitted.

These are nuclear reactors that have been leaking radiation into the atmosphere and ocean for 9 months, and yet we are told that everything is under control, and there is nothing to worry about. I cannot see how it is possible that there is nothing to worry about. Unfortunately, there is so much going on in the world today, that it is hard to focus on just one issue. We are all suffering from information overload.
edit on 12-12-2011 by GothamKnight because: grammar

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Now it's Northern Japan and North America that will be hurting. Dec 13, 2011 article:

Talking Massive Evacuations

According to our source, the entire reactor 4 structure has been deemed “highly unstable,” and the south wall of the reactor appears to be headed into an imminent structural failure. This situation, of course, is extremely dangerous and could have devastating consequences for Northern Japan as well as North America, which is why mass evacuations in Japan would be a likely outcome in the hours following such a collapse.

I can not imagine a mass evacuation of Tokyo. I keep thinking about the Titanic.

edit on 12/12/2011 by sad_eyed_lady because: 2nd thought

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Yowza! That's depressing. I agree wholeheartedly with everyone when they say that this thing has been majorly under reported since the get go. It's scary.

How would they even begin to go about evacuating that many people if this was to happen?!

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Just like Chernobyl, reactor number 4.
Unfortunately, I expect the worst.

+7 more 
posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by GothamKnight

Greetings:

Perhaps this will interest you also:

RADIATION WATCH 2011

The total number of days between Friday, March 11, 2011 and Saturday, December 9, 2011 is 274 days.

[color=Cyan]The radiation poisoning of we, the people, our children, pets, food, water and our land
has continued unabated - 24/7/365
[color=Chartreuse]
- for 8 months, 29 days ... which is:

• 23,673,600 seconds
• 394,560 minutes
• 6,576 hours
• 39 weeks (rounded down)

Once again, are we any closer to a solution to the Fukushima multiple melt-throughs disaster/fiasco spewing life-altering clouds of radiation 24/7/365?

Please check this out:

[color=3BB9FF]Just Back from Chernobyl: Mutations not seen anywhere else in world —
Much greater frequency of mutations in contaminated areas -
'Directly proportional' to radiation

This video certainly pounds another nail in the nuclear energy coffin.

Mutant "life" is not quality living.

Will it really take another Chernobyl or Fukushima to motivate enough people to turn the tide?

We sincerely hope not and will continue onward through the fog, bat signal lighting the way, hoping others will see it and respond. The obstacles that stand in the way, other than outright stupidity and MSM duplicity, seem to be apathy and ignorance.

What is there not to understand?

Just the uneconomic nature of nuclear power is a huge reason for society to quit flirting with more nuclear power, never mind the catastrophic record and certainty of more to come.

Somehow the evidence and true track record of dozens of accidents and perhaps 300,000
to nearly 1,000,000 deaths from just Chernobyl, are brushed aside by corporate media
and most governments.

As the world awaits the inevitable Fukushima hydrovolcanic explosion, one wonders if there are any plans in place by our EPA/USGOV for protecting we, the people, our children, water, the food in the fields, our pets, life in general after the unthinkable happens.

To be perfectly clear, we are sick and tired of the blatant attempts of the MSM (and others) to misrepresent reality in order to deliberately distort viewer and listener perceptions.

Even if our information sounds repetitious, people are forgetful. They need to be informed.

Such information, hopefully, will help raise people's awareness about the issue of radiation and its negative impact on life on our fragile Planet Earth.

What say you?

Peace Love Light
tfw
[align=center][color=magenta]Liberty & Equality or Revolution[/align]

edit on 12/12/2011 by thorfourwinds because: color

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by thorfourwinds

What an informative post thank you for all your effort. I try to explain to people the gravity of the situation but they do not realise how far reaching this catastrophe is. The photographs are heart breakers.

Dr Helen Caldicott seems to be making a noise and lending her voice to the education of the public about the short term and long term affects. If only people realised that we all share this world and the Japanese people have taken the brunt of the disaster but that we will all be encompassed by eventually.

When someone tells me evil does not exist - I know different. We need a miracle or something on this planet and the sooner the better.

Much Peace...

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by lover088

I wish I could give you a whole stack of stars. Great effort in getting information to people so they can understand the enormity of the situation and the environmental impact.

Feel for the Japanese people they have suffered the worst of it and the rest of the world does not fully comprehend the fact that everyone else will follow.

Thank you for posting such important information.

Much Peace...

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Please, before you start something like this do a proper Research
and do not use a Amateur Web-Page for Evidence!

Reactor 4 get Dismantled , this is one Roadmarker in the Fukushima Roadmap!
(you can read this in the Japanese Roadmap for Recovery)

After they cut off all the Rebar-Rubbish a Tent,
like we can see on Reactor Nr, 1 will cover Nr. 4!

The Video from Arnie is already a few Month old and not new,
but he is still right.

In the case this is happening a Evacuation is advised!

Since the first Months Tepco stabilized the Fuel-Pool in Nr. 4.

Get Informed by yourself and stop Distraction and Diluting

edit on 12-12-2011 by Human0815 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   
I don't care how much pride you have and how much you love your land,,,
Get your crap. your kids, and get out!

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human0815

but he is still right.

"Distraction and Diluting" or " Amateur Web-Page"

It's your job and you are very funny employee.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   

edit on 12-12-2011 by rogerstigers because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human0815

but he is still right.

I would appreciate something more than a broken english opinion on this. Pardon my scepticism, but the Japanese government has been less than honest on a great many things recently and for all I know, you are nothing more than a government shill or an ideologue. Can you please provide proof that this is a controlled and planned desconstruction of Reactor 4?

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   
There's so much pollution and waste on this planet, that it saddens my heart. WHAT ARE WE DOING? No! Let me rephrase that.....WHAT HAVE WE DONE? Let's face it.....our species has left it's feces all over the planet....and above it. Is ANYTHING better? Are we that much SMARTER??? So, PLEASE TELL ME, what is the point, in all of this WASTE; be it: Nuclear, Space, Garbage, etc..? Where are we TRYING to go? Is this our idea, of 'building a smarter planet'? Perhaps, we should 'build a better lifestyle, for the planet!'.

All we really need, is a garden full of fruits and veggies, some cattle, and DEEP breaths of fresh air! All this other crap...called "living" is still crap...no matter how they package it.

We should be ashamed of ourselves. "They" are not the problem, WE are; for letting "them"...do what "they" want to do, at "our" expense! We are NOT living life. We are in DENIAL!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join