It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cheney says "the U.S. should have destroyed the drone with an airstrike"

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Option D: Not put a UAV in Iranian airspace in the first place...

Satellite spying isn't good enough?

Course the US isn't getting that back. They are proud of their new high tech trophy, which they "acquired" fair and square. Obama did the smart thing and didn't make a bad situation worse. Yet.

Yes, Cheney is lookin' great indeed, for a man without a working heart!

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Perhaps it would behoove us to have a little self destruct charge on board our secret tech vehicles. Bombing Iran for capturing a drone that shouldn't have been in their airspace would be a very foolish act of war.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
Perhaps it would behoove us to have a little self destruct charge on board our secret tech vehicles. Bombing Iran for capturing a drone that shouldn't have been in their airspace would be a very foolish act of war.

We don't know that they don't.

This seems like sensationalizing again - - to me.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1

The Iranians have the drone because we wanted them to.

Don't fall for the acts you are witnessing now... This is all show for them.

No harm done, mission accomplished, they can have the drone despite the "request" for return.

Had to be somewhat believable, didn't it?

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   
While I agree that sending in a trojan horse drone is a great idea..

.. i have no doubt America is not smart enough to do that.

Sorry, you lost you toy fair and square.

The bigger problem you should be looking at is how China is going to use the intel it figures from the drone, and how did Iran manage to do this in the first place.

.. point to add, if they can do it to drones, why cant they do it to cruise missiles?

After all, we sent in so many into Iraq, they had plenty of time to perfect there ' frequencies'

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   
I read on fox news that the dron does have SD capabilities. But the capability was disabled.
It was designed to operate like a Predator drone but lost signal with home base, and would circle around its target until signal returned. If it didn't after a certain time it would SD or return to base.

Ill look for the article when Im not about to get drunk off my ass.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Azekual

And how would FOX news know that?

The station with the most inaccuracies of any other major news show.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 01:57 AM
link   
reply to post by MrSpad

It reveals to them what kinda of camera's and tech we are using for recon missions. likely tech they don't have.

Really though, we have no one to blame but ourselves here.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by letscit
who started the rhetoric?

Which came first .. the chicken or the egg?

i dont see the U.S. as ever saying anything good about iran on 40 years.

Show me something good that the Iranian government, as well as their Imam leadership, have done in the past 40 years. Good luck with that ....

Originally posted by Annee
And how would FOX news know that? The station with the most inaccuracies of any other major news show.

I dunno' about that ... MSNBC could probably declare itself 'king of the hill' when it comes to shilling and false reports. It would be interesting to do a comparitive study and see which one is really the worst.
edit on 12/13/2011 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
reply to post by MrSpad

It reveals to them what kinda of camera's and tech we are using for recon missions. likely tech they don't have.

Really though, we have no one to blame but ourselves here.

And what are they really going to do with that tech?

Sell it or build their own drones? "Business" as usual.

Besides - - the tech's probably already available on the net.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

I dunno' about that ... MSNBC could probably declare itself 'king of the hill' when it comes to shilling and false reports. It would be interesting to do a comparitive study and see which one is really the worst.

Nah - - FOX used to be my station. Watched it for years. Watch the degradation as it was happening - - until I couldn't stomach it anymore. They're just plain insane.

Have also followed MSNBC. At least they make an effort.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

I believe that the USA would not have let them have it if they did not want them to. There is a reason for everything even a drone having a "malfunction".

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
We sold Venezuela F-16's a long time ago. When Huge Chavez said he was giving them to China we never heard rhetoric to go blow them up.

When North Korea took the U.S.S. Pueblo we never sunk that.

When Russia took alllll those ARMORED Humvee's in Georgia during our attempts to seize more land there during the Olympics.....no rhetoric to go get those either. Russia still has 'em.

When we seized those Chinese Radar trucks on ships headed to Iran......China damn near nuked us.

We've been guilty of taking things that don't belong to us over the years as well.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee
reply to post by Azekual

And how would FOX news know that?

The station with the most inaccuracies of any other major news show.

Here you go. Read the full article, it's pretty interesting.

Once contact with the operators is broken, drones such as the RQ170 are programmed to circle an area until contact is re-established, sources said. If contact is not re-established during a pre-programmed period, it is designed to return to base or to self-destruct -- directed through a separate channel or program. A common outcome is that the drone crashes and is burned by its fuel.

Read more: www.foxnews.com...

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by lnfidel

I don't like Dick Cheney. But he's right.
They were never going to give it back, we should have never flown it in their air space. But we should have launched an air strike to destroy it and preserve the technology.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4
I miss real leaders like Cheney making decisions for this country.

Obama has no leadership skills whatsoever.

Yeah! The real decisions like invading a country for oil while using an excuse that could clearly be debunked later! That's top-notch leadership you had there.

I think Obama is as useless as the next person does, but lets not get all misty-eyed about a war criminal who should now be serving a life sentence for sending Americans into an illegal war for profit and being responsible for the deaths of thousands of people.
He should be sharing a cell right now with Blair and Bush.

The scum bag should at the very least respect his people and keep his gob shut about things he knows f**k all about.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by lnfidel

Former Vice President Dick Cheney criticized Obama's response, telling CNN the U.S. should have destroyed the drone with an airstrike.

He would. The drone was useless to anyone as soon as it crashed to the ground. Why that "man" is even allowed to speak in public is beyond me. The only part of his brain that works is the part that keeps chanting "KILL....KILL......KILL" over and over again. Seriously, that man needs help.

Obama has a point that I don't think anyone is seeing. He doesn't want to keep going into foriegn countries, be they Muslim or not, for any reason at all. The fact is that there are pre-existing acts, obligations if you will, on the part of the U.S. military that are going on in the world that are temporarily out of his control. When things like this though happen on his watch, he does have to make a desicion as to what to do about it, and judging from his past actions, he simply doesn't want to get involved. And I personally think that's a big step in the right direction. Is there no one else here that see's the connection between us getting involved militarily with other, smaller countries and the fact that the rest of the world dislikes, distrusts, and pities us? I'm still convinced that there were powers greater than him pulling the strings to get to Libya. I really don't think he wanted to go in there.

Our troops are coming home from the Middle East, right? For all of the faults that Obama may have, he certainly doesn't come across as a war-monger to me. Anything else he may do wrong pales in comparison IMO. Call me crazy, but I will try to find the good in a situation and point it out to people.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
He's got a point. A very quick decision on the field to send in a hellfire missile to blow the stupid thing up and our technology wouldn't now be in the hands of people who want to harm the USA. Even better would have been a failsafe device that would have blown it up on command so that this couldn't have happened. I'd say that the best thing would have been not to be spying at all so you don't get caught, but that's unrealistic considering the anti-American rhetoric coming out of Iran.

Exactly...you morons are to involved with being one-sided than seeing what this is going to do. War with Iran is going to happen whether we like it or not but lets not let them be on equal terms with us. They already have a better military than Afgan and Iraq. So this will not be an easy fight but you dumb*** want to leave it. Well I'm going to let you have my weapon and you can fight in my place.

Most of the responses on this thread explain why Obama is in office to begin with and why none of you are in politics.

If you peeps would realize that we are screwed either way...there would be NO arguing the fact that this thing needs to be wiped out before it gets reversed engineered.

Anybody want to try and tell me why we should just leave it?

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   
I saw Clinton on a talk show.

He said Cheney is very manipulative. He only makes a statement when he has a purpose behind it.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by lnfidel

I cannot believe that in a modern aircraft drone with all the millions spent on it they do not have the self distruct ability ! this is quite annoying actually because whats going to happen is we are going to get loads more coppied ones back , short sighted idiots .

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join