It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Who Is The Next To Be Propped Up By The MSM After Gingrich Flops?

page: 1
6

log in

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
First Bachman was propped up, as the challenger to Romney. Didn't take long until voters wanted no part of her, and she therefor took a nose dive in the polls.

Then, the MSM propped up Perry, and had a number of debates where it was basically a Romney vs Perry showdown. Perry was the new flavor of the month for the MSM. Yet, in little more than a month, he also started to drop in the polls.

Then, the MSM propped up Cain, out of nowhere. Well, one infidelity accusation after another, combined with little substance from the man himself(as could be said about most in this race), led to Cain dropping out of the race.

Then, out of the blue, Newt was the new challenger. It appears he is beginning to slide, and the slide will most likely continue.

Obviously, there is a pattern here. When Newt drops in the polls, who will be the next puppet propped up as Romney's rival? Of course it should be Ron Paul, as it should have happened already, a while ago, but it won't. I am however, curious as to who exactly they could possibly prop up next.

Huntsman didn't even qualify for the last debate. Not even the MSM/GOP would be stupid enough to attempt to prop up Santorum would they? He wouldn't stand a chance. Will they recycle another candidate who already has risen and fallen? Would they try to go back to Perry?

I am curious about this, but is appears to me, after Newt collapses, which I believe is inevitable, that the GOP has run out of possible puppets. Isn't Ron the only one left? Curious as to where you guys and gals believe this will go.




posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
The GOP never had a chance to begin with. Obama is a sitting president. We almost always reelect the sitting president.

Thats why the best Republicans aren't running. They are waiting until 2016.
edit on 12-12-2011 by TsukiLunar because: (no reason given)



posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
They are running out of options. There may possibly be a chance for RP.

As for sitting Presidents. Ask Jimmy Carter and George HW Bush what happens to most sitting Presidents during tough economic times (And I don't think BO is worthy of licking FDR's boots).

4 more years of BO may do irreparable damage to this country. Then again, a mainstream Repub won't do that much better.



posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by MysticPearl
 


Jon Huntsman (all of these were written within the past two weeks):
GOP, it's time to give Huntsman another look

Conservatives Should Take a Second Look at GOP Presidential Hopeful Jon Huntsman

Jon Huntsman, conservative alternative?

Conservatives for Jon Huntsman?

The case for Jon Huntsman's conservatism

Conservatives Starting To Catch On That Jon Huntsman Is A Conservative

Finally, a quote from another article:

On almost any issues, Huntsman has been more consistently conservative than either Romney or Gingrich.

But those candidates are better than Huntsman at reflecting the mood of conservative voters: hyper-partisan, angry at Obama, and empowered by the sense that they represent the "real" America.

As the nominating contests draw near, we'll see what counts with conservative voters: style or substance.



posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   
I do not think anyone will be propped up next. In my opinion the whole rise of the ‘anti-Romney’s’ were actually intended to drain the swamp. Meaning by the time the primaries begin all alternatives to Romney for Tea Party Conservatives will be exhausted and they will be herded into the Romney stable. Trust me, while many in the establishment do not fear the policies of Newt Gingrich because he will be very loyal to them, they know he is a dangerous candidate to win such an important election. All of them want Romney, trust me on that.

I suspect that if Gingrich does deflate, which I pray he does, then it is my suspicion that the top three will be an empowered Romney and Paul, possibly a third (Huntsman?) But Gingrich will either win this thing or he will be a Giuliani. Those are two radically different possibilities but that is just the way I see it.



posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   
I've heard on several MSM discussions, that the idea of "someone coming out of nowhere to run" is still not out of the question.

So, there may be a chance we do not even know who it is.

It almost feels as if this is occurring, because both sides want Obama to stay. The right/left paradigm (democrat vs republican) almost feels as if it's not really a factor. They all receive campaign contributions from the same interests (well except Paul).

Also, the treatment of Dr. Paul from the MSM and Republican party, is also suspect. I still believe, despite how hard the MSM pushes the opposite, he is the only real Candidate that stands a chance against Obama (and his Billion dollar campaign chest).

We shall see.



posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by TsukiLunar
The GOP never had a chance to begin with. Obama is a sitting president. We almost always reelect the sitting president.

Thats why the best Republicans aren't running. They are waiting until 2016.
edit on 12-12-2011 by TsukiLunar because: (no reason given)


If only you were wrong.

I would like to see Ron Paul as president, but I must agree with you.

It's very obvious to me that Obama has already be "chosen" so to speak.

I have watched every GOP debate since they started and I haven't stopped laughing since.
They are so un-electable it's hilarious.



posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   
As TsukiLunar mentioned, the Republicans are throwing the "clowns" at this election so they do not discredit a viable candidate for 2016. RP is the only exception but the GOP does not believe RP can gain any traction to make a stand against Obama. I believe they are wrong, and could beat Obama with RP, but they are not willing to actually let a REAL conservative play ball for a party full of "conservatives in name only".

The Republicans talk a good game, but they governing ability is worse than any Democrat. They are completely in bed with big business and money-interests, and "homey (RP) don't play that"!

Also, why would they want to take the White House with an economy this bad? They wouldn't! They will let Obama play out his next term and use it as their bread and butter against a new Democrat in 2016.



posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   
I think it's too late for Gingrich to fall with Iowa less then a month away.
edit on 12-12-2011 by shadowmyst because: (no reason given)



posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Take from this what you will but a recent poll shows Gingrich dropping and Perry gaining.

I mentioned a few days ago to watch out for a Perry rise and with these msm clowns, anything is possible.

All I know is that if you want to help Ron Paul secure a victory in Iowa, better donate to the campaign and start phone banking.



posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by shadowmyst
 


I live in Iowa......it's very possible!

A large portion of the Republican base are evangelical Christians that are staunch social conservatives, more so than conservatives as a whole. The pro-family, anti-gay lobby is huge in this state and Newt's past indiscretions will play a huge roll at the voting booth.

Also, the governor has not endorsed a candidate yet and he is looking for the non-Romney to get a firm hold before doing so. His choice will greatly effect the base.

So I think it's possible for Newt to fall quickly in Iowa. Let's not forget that the last election Huckabee took Iowa.



posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by MysticPearl
 


bingo....they have no one left

RON PAUL is last man standing and the only one with a real fan base



posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by links234
reply to post by MysticPearl
 


Jon Huntsman (all of these were written within the past two weeks):
GOP, it's time to give Huntsman another look

Conservatives Should Take a Second Look at GOP Presidential Hopeful Jon Huntsman

Jon Huntsman, conservative alternative?

Conservatives for Jon Huntsman?

The case for Jon Huntsman's conservatism

Conservatives Starting To Catch On That Jon Huntsman Is A Conservative

Finally, a quote from another article:

On almost any issues, Huntsman has been more consistently conservative than either Romney or Gingrich.

But those candidates are better than Huntsman at reflecting the mood of conservative voters: hyper-partisan, angry at Obama, and empowered by the sense that they represent the "real" America.

As the nominating contests draw near, we'll see what counts with conservative voters: style or substance.

Maybe, but it's tough when he didn't even qualify for the last debate.

I actually think Huntsman is a pretty decent guy, as far as politicians go. Just don't think he has near the traction for the MSM to pull that off. Never know though. The MSM ceases to surprise me.



posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir
 


Guiliani ,my dude. No president Gingrich. It just "ain't" in the cards.



posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247
As TsukiLunar mentioned, the Republicans are throwing the "clowns" at this election so they do not discredit a viable candidate for 2016. RP is the only exception but the GOP does not believe RP can gain any traction to make a stand against Obama. I believe they are wrong, and could beat Obama with RP, but they are not willing to actually let a REAL conservative play ball for a party full of "conservatives in name only".

The Republicans talk a good game, but they governing ability is worse than any Democrat. They are completely in bed with big business and money-interests, and "homey (RP) don't play that"!

Also, why would they want to take the White House with an economy this bad? They wouldn't! They will let Obama play out his next term and use it as their bread and butter against a new Democrat in 2016.


I'm not sure if the GOP FULLY believes Ron couldn't win. It appeared to me, at the last debate, that his direct competitors realize how stiff of a competition Ron and his fan base are, and the compliments came out in a public venue.

Now, I still think they'll find anyone else possible to run, besides Ron, but I'm not convinced the GOP doesn't actually believe he could win. My guess, is they've been told to not even consider it, from their corporate interests.
edit on 12-12-2011 by MysticPearl because: (no reason given)




top topics



 
6

log in

join