It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Which ancient building was built with better percision than modern construction?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Restoring an ancient building and finding the brilliance of its builders

And how were the builders able to work at a level of precision (in some cases accurate to within a fraction of a millimeter) without the benefit of modern tools

For example, the ancient builders had secured the marble blocks together with iron clamps fitted in carefully carved grooves. They then poured molten lead over the joints to cushion them from seismic shocks and protect the clamps from corrosion......a modern restoration left out the lead which caused the iron clamps to rust and damaged the stones

The ancients spent a lot of time on another finishing touch. After the buildings exposed marble surfaces had been smoothed and polished, they added a final, subtle texture—a stippling pattern—that Korres says dulled the shine on the marble and masked its flaws. With hundreds of thousands of chisel blows, they executed this pattern in precisely ordered rows covering the base, floors, columns and most other surfaces. “This was surely one of the most demanding tasks,” Korres says. “It may have taken as much as a quarter of the total construction time expended on the monument.”

After analyzing marks left on the marble surfaces, Korres is convinced that centuries of metallurgical experimentation enabled the ancients to create chisels and axes that were sharper and more durable than those available today.

Smart people those ancients, these guys operated at a level of precision well above the ancient Egyptians

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Hanslune

Try this: I've always been fascinated with Tiahuanaco which this (short) video is about.

Is Tiahuanaco even older than Jericho? Peruvian archaeologist Arthur Posnansky, found evidence in this ancient Bolivian temple complex, that could date it back to more than 17,000 years old. See what he found.

edit on 12-12-2011 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
i'd have to say, puma punku in south america. daveearley.hubpages.com...

i saw the ancient aliens episode on this city the other day and all i can say is, WOW!
they, whoever they were, were very highly advanced, much more than we ever thought.

i dont know if they really had help from aliens or not, but they definitely had some kind of advanced technology.

we dont know half of what we think we know about history.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by newcovenant

Unfortunately, he made up the date

Is Tiahuanaco even older than Jericho? Peruvian archaeologist Arthur Posnansky, found evidence in this ancient Bolivian temple complex, that could date it back to more than 17,000 years old.

..here is a challenge - determine on what data he made that claim

Now did you have anything to say about the building in the OP?

lonewolf 10

ancient aliens episode

...therein lies the problem, that program isn't presenting science instead it presents made up stuff for entertainment sake only

edit on 12/12/11 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   

...therein lies the problem, that program isn't presenting science instead it presents made up stuff for entertainment sake only

oh i know their opinions are slanted towards their belief in their theory. but google puma punku and you will see that ALL archeologists are completely baffled by the evidence.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hanslune

Only if you take it in that regard. Besides being for entertainments sake, I consider the "Ancient Aliens" programs to be kind of like a "gateway drug". It opens the door to new ideas that not a lot of people even think about in their normal lives. So, if they become interested, they can then begin doing their own research, and coming to their own conclusions.

I won't lie, I am a believer in the ancient astronaut theory. To me, it makes sense, especially seeing the "evidence" in our history. But even so, I will admit that the Ancient Aliens show does tend to stretch things a bit far, hehe, but the show did point out some things that I never really knew about.

edit on 12-12-2011 by Necrobile because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf10

oh i know their opinions are slanted towards their belief in their theory. but google puma punku and you will see that ALL archeologists are completely baffled by the evidence.

Really, why are the baffled? Because of what exactly?

Do you have anything to say about the OP, any comments on that building?

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Yes, it is a carefully detailed, well made example of compression architecture. I am not certain what you mean by better precision. Better fitting blocks, squareness, consistency of measure, or something else? I find the more interesting building to be the Roman Pantheon with a cast concrete dome covering a large open space. The Parthenon had columns throughout so it did not exhibit any new qualities, fine as it was, and was only an elaboration of existng structures.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Tiahuanaco shows some of the best precision, but my favorite is Baalbek.

I can't imagine watching a stone that size move.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   

reply to post by newcovenant

Unfortunately, he made up the date

Is Tiahuanaco even older than Jericho? Peruvian archaeologist Arthur Posnansky, found evidence in this ancient Bolivian temple complex, that could date it back to more than 17,000 years old.

..here is a challenge - determine on what data he made that claim

Now did you have anything to say about the building in the OP?

lonewolf 10

ancient aliens episode

Which ancient building was built with better percision than modern construction?,

Was this a question or what?

Here is a challenge... courtesy to people who bother to answer your questions.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Very interesting topic.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 07:13 AM
link   
That is truly an excellent example of ancient "technology", using the tools they had, working with stone, and building something they wanted to last for ages. Careful planning, careful building, and attention to detail.

The phrase "they don't build them like they used to" holds up well in this case.

Thanks for sharing.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Necrobile

Only if you take it in that regard. Besides being for entertainments sake, I consider the "Ancient Aliens" programs to be kind of like a "gateway drug". It opens the door to new ideas that not a lot of people even think about in their normal lives. So, if they become interested, they can then begin doing their own research, and coming to their own conclusions.

I won't lie, I am a believer in the ancient astronaut theory. To me, it makes sense, especially seeing the "evidence" in our history. But even so, I will admit that the Ancient Aliens show does tend to stretch things a bit far, hehe, but the show did point out some things that I never really knew about.

edit on 12-12-2011 by Necrobile because: (no reason given)

ROFLMAO!

So you go and tear down one persons theory, begin to explain how other theories taint minds and make people think of other theories that are not true and lead nowhere, while explaining you believe in the ancient astronaut theory as it is "the one that makes sense to you".
Why is your theory believable (it is factless) and someone else theory completely bunk (that has some facts leading to strange conclusions).

Not only do you condescend you present something without much evidence. Sure there are cave drawing and such but that doesn't prove aliens or ancient astronauts, while these archeological finds do in fact prove something.

Humans having been more advanced technologically then we first thought is way more plausible then Aliens, there is much more proof of it for one and for two, we can see the remains with our own eyes, aliens we cannot

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Here's a man who can move huge blocks on his own. It takes time but is interesting nonetheless. Leverage.

edit on 13/12/11 by LightSpeedDriver because: Fixed link

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Restoring an ancient building and finding the brilliance of its builders

And how were the builders able to work at a level of precision (in some cases accurate to within a fraction of a millimeter) without the benefit of modern tools

After analyzing marks left on the marble surfaces, Korres is convinced that centuries of metallurgical experimentation enabled the ancients to create chisels and axes that were sharper and more durable than those available today.

Smart people those ancients, these guys operated at a level of precision well above the ancient Egyptians

so I have to say...is this our best excuse to explain how mathematically perfect the pyramids are? that they had chisels and axes "sharper than those available today"? that seems very absurd, and doesn't come close to explaining how the building is designed.

Every bit of information in this post is being borrowed by a recently published book which i encourage everyone to read, called The Source Field Investigations by David Wilcock.

let me first point out some mathematical and architectural phenomenon in the great pyramid.

-the base of the great pyramid is 13 acres in area, of which no corner of the pyramid's base is more than a half-inch higher of lower than the others. (not achievable today)

-some of the stones near the base weigh up to 70 tons each. No crane built in modern times is strong enough to lift stones that heavy.

- in the 1990s Bernard Pietsch analyzed the twenty different stones on the floor of the king's chamber and discovered that a variety of measurements from Mercury, Venus, Earth, the Moon, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn - including orbital periods - are encoded into the dimensions of stones in the floor.

- within the king's chamber there is a loose stone coffin carved out of extremely hard brown granite weighing about 3 tons. the external volume of the sarcophagus is exactly twice the internal volume. this granite sarcophagus also cannot fit through the antechamber, meaning that it had to be built into the pyramid from the beginning.

- John Taylor, a mathematician and astronomer that also worked at the London Observer worked for 30 years decoding the measurements of the pyramid. In a totally separate endeavor, John Herschel found the most accurate form of the "British" inch would reflect the diameter of the Earth. long story short....both of these men found the exact same unit of measurement to be most accurate in respect to the earth. a british ordinance survey measured the pole-to-pole distance within the earth at 7898.78 miles, or 500,500,000 british inches, it would become exactly 500 million inches if the british were to make the inch longer by only half the width of a human hair.

once the magic unit of measurement was found, they began to measure the great pyramid...finding that if you measure the perimeter of the base in inches it comes out to 100 x 365.2, the length of an Earth year.

if you measure the diagonals of the pyramid (the distance from one corner, up and over the top and down to the other corner), the number comes out to be the number of years in the Procession of the Equinoxes.

Now secondly, Wilcock cites a little known book called With Mystics and Magicians in Tibet by Alexandra David-Neel.

in this it is explained how the tibetans accomplished "acoustic levitation". A scene is described of cliffs, of which tibetan monks were building a stone wall at the top, from the ground at the bottom. I'm not going to detail everything that is in the book, but the short of it is this: a large group of 13 drumming monks, 6 trumpeting monks, and 200 mindfully meditating monks were able to lift stones (1 meter by 1 meter in diameter) slowly up to the top of the cliff in a lumbering 500-meter arc.

they modified the diameter of their drums and trumpets in order to make an exact mathematical correspondence to the size of the stone that they wished to move. As a group, they then formed a sort of 90 degree semicircle and oriented the focal point of this "arc" of tibetans toward the stone in question. Wilcock goes on to explain (scientifically) how this was possible.

The power of the drums, trumpets, and chanting made a perfect vibrational resonance that literally resonated every atom of the stone. They effectively resonated the atoms of the rock over the light speed boundary, making them weightless. This also forced the accelerated atoms out of space-time and into time-space, and used levity to fight gravity. As many as half of the atoms were no longer in reality, making the stone soft and malleable, like clay.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   
As the builders popped more and more atoms into time-space, the stone becomes spongy and mold-able. It is quite easy to shape the stone to fit precisely in whatever dimensions they wanted. This is how the stones fit so close together that you cannot fit a razor blade in between them.

Some of this phenomenon is also illustrated in a few occurrences that have been discovered in the midst of tornadoes. The gigantic amount of energy in the form of SPIN creates very strong vortexes in the "ether"/source field. this spin will create a greater ease for atoms of matter to SPIN past the light speed boundary and into time-space. so what happens is: debris and material caught in tornadoes becomes soft and malleable like the tibetan stones...and they are only half in the physical and half not. Thus we see cases of pieces of straw being stuck into a brick wall, or a 2x4 being stuck into a steel bridge. the 2x4 has an accelerated atomic spin thanks to the effects of the spin in the tornado. once the tornado flings the 2x4 out of the tornado and towards a steel bridge, the speed of the 2x4's spin decreases until it comes in contact with real physical matter again. In these cases, the debris are caught midway between physical and non physical, and are forced into the physical again when they contact the steel bridge, thus, it being stuck there. Wilcock also cites cases where LIVING frogs have been found inside solid rock. Read this book!

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by metalshredmetal
As the builders popped more and more atoms into time-space, the stone becomes spongy and mold-able. It is quite easy to shape the stone to fit precisely in whatever dimensions they wanted. This is how the stones fit so close together that you cannot fit a razor blade in between them.

So the Greeks in historical times could do this - odd they never mentioned it, how do you explain this silence?

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   

So the Greeks in historical times could do this - odd they never mentioned it, how do you explain this silence?

Greeks in historical times could do what, exactly? i don't think i've heard of the greeks making structures as finely built as the pyramids....the pantheon and the such are not of equal craftmanship.

we still use architecture techniques the greeks used, which should be direct evidence that they did not have the knowledge of the tibetan monks, or else such valuable knowledge would surely have been saved and be seen in modern architecture.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   

so I have to say...is this our best excuse to explain how mathematically perfect the pyramids are? that they had chisels and axes "sharper than those available today"? that seems very absurd, and doesn't come close to explaining how the building is designed.

So you didn’t read the link, lol – these quotes are about the Parthenon

-the base of the great pyramid is 13 acres in area, of which no corner of the pyramid's base is more than a half-inch higher of lower than the others. (not achievable today)

Nonsense you may wish to look at the accuracy of the CERN alignment

-some of the stones near the base weigh up to 70 tons each. No crane built in modern times is strong enough to lift stones that heavy.

We can lift 5,000 tons – do a google please

- in the 1990s Bernard Pietsch analyzed the twenty different stones on the floor of the king's chamber and discovered that a variety of measurements from Mercury, Venus, Earth, the Moon, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn - including orbital periods - are encoded into the dimensions of stones in the floor.

Oh really, please link

- within the king's chamber there is a loose stone coffin carved out of extremely hard brown granite weighing about 3 tons. the external volume of the sarcophagus is exactly twice the internal volume. this granite sarcophagus also cannot fit through the antechamber, meaning that it had to be built into the pyramid from the beginning.

Why is that remarkable? Why wouldn’t the AE have installed the sarcophagus during construction?

- John Taylor, a mathematician and astronomer that also worked at the London Observer worked for 30 years decoding the measurements of the pyramid. In a totally separate endeavor, John Herschel found the most accurate form of the "British" inch would reflect the diameter of the Earth. long story short....both of these men found the exact same unit of measurement to be most accurate in respect to the earth. a british ordinance survey measured the pole-to-pole distance within the earth at 7898.78 miles, or 500,500,000 british inches, it would become exactly 500 million inches if the british were to make the inch longer by only half the width of a human hair.

What does this have to do with the construction of the Parthenon or the pyramids?

once the magic unit of measurement was found, they began to measure the great pyramid...finding that if you measure the perimeter of the base in inches it comes out to 100 x 365.2, the length of an Earth year.

…using a method of measurement unknown to the AE….

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   

can you link me to this "cern alignment" information that supposedly proves some "nonsense" in my post, of which you did not identify?

You also said that "we" can lift 5000 tons..with what technology? Howstuffworks.com proclaims modern cranes can only lift about 20 tons. Here

Bernard Pietsch ... "use google please"..

I obviously provided all the references when I said it comes from david wilcocks book. Please dont be so close
minded and eager to attack my post..
edit on 12/13/11 by metalshredmetal because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join