It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian Tycoon to Run Against Putin

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by cloaked4u
Wait a minute. So, is he a RUSSIAN AMERICAN? Running for presidency in RUSSIA. A russian american running for pres.. This is NUTS.
Is this a coup de ta? Whats going on here?
No wonder PUTIN is in an uproar with his pants in a jam. Did putin just get his underware pulled or what? How can this be? An american running for PRES. in russia. Apparently this tycoon has the money to do whatever he wants.
A NBA basketball owner/tycoon worth billions. REALLY, how did he get this much money? How many NBA owners are multi billionairs? Not millionairs, but BILLIONAIRS?
To be RUSSIAN PRES.? WOW, whats going on these days?
GEE, in the 70's that would be treason.
NOW, it seems to be OK.

He is Russian, not American. Calm your xenophobia and pick up a newspaper or something.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by illuminatislave

Wait a minute. So, is he a RUSSIAN AMERICAN? Running for presidency in RUSSIA. A russian american running for pres.. This is NUTS.
No wonder PUTIN is in an uproar with his pants in a jam. Did putin just get his underware pulled or what? How can this be? An american running for PRES. in russia. Apparently this tycoon has the money to do whatever he wants.
A NBA basketball owner/tycoon worth billions. REALLY, how did he get this much money? How many NBA owners are multi billionairs? Not millionairs, but BILLIONAIRS?
NOW, it seems to be OK.

He is Russian, not American. Calm your xenophobia and pick up a newspaper or something.

Well, with that said. Maybe now AL KIDA can run for pres. or buy a NBA team or maybe a football team. They can call themselve's the ALKI TEAM with blood spots on a white uniform.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   
How long till he gets some plutonium tea?

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by cloaked4u

Is it that easy to get a visa, green card?

If you don't have money, it's hard if not impossible to get a work visa or greencard; if you're rich, it's not necessary.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by antonia

How long till he gets some plutonium tea?

Maybe Putin will get cancer, genetically engineered special for him.

Who knows this one it will play? But the globalists won't let Russia slip out of their reach.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by soficrow

There you have it: incontrovertible proof that American-style democracy is spreading around the world.

Are you serious ?

You have no idea who this guy is, do you ?

Oligarchs aren't democrats.
Prokhorov became rich thanks to influence peddling, corruption, connections to the former Communist Party network and alliance or allegiance to powerful figures. Like the other oligarchs, he has gained ownership of large section of Russia's industries and ressources almost for free.
He hasn't created anything, he hasn't worked hard. He was co-opted. Oligarchs are Robber Barons.

Unless I am mistaken and when you say American-style democracy, you really mean American-style

In this case, yes. It might be spreading.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   

reply to post by MysticPearl

Given he bought an NBA team, why don't you think he'd be given a work visa/greencard?

Rich people do not need work visa's or greencards - money is always welcome, especially big money.

Why would you think someone rich enough to buy an NBA basketball team - or a factory, forest, nuclear power plant or mine for that matter - might need a greencard or work visa to finalize such a transaction? ....Perhaps some kind of papers might be required if he bought a US residence, but even then I'm not so sure. ...Rich people move around the world with few or no constraints.

No s***.

Maybe you should try telling the guy I was responding to.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by MysticPearl

Oh duh. Sorry. Just saw the cloaked4u tag or whatever it was and thought he didn't get my earlier response.

Stars for your posts btw.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Manouche

Originally posted by Manouche

There you have it: incontrovertible proof that American-style democracy is spreading around the world.

Are you serious ?

Dead serious.

You have no idea who this guy is, do you ?

The 39th richest guy in the world, major corporate power, yada yada.

Prokhorov became rich thanks to influence peddling, corruption, connections ....and alliance or allegiance to powerful figures. Like the other oligarchs, he has gained ownership of large section of Russia's industries and ressources almost for free.
He hasn't created anything, he hasn't worked hard. He was co-opted. Oligarchs are Robber Barons.

Unlike the pirates who grew rich and fat off America? Ya think?

.....when you say American-style democracy, you really mean American-style

In this case, yes. It might be spreading.

Yep. It's gone global. They call it "free trade." lol

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by illuminatislave

NOW, it seems to be OK.

Well, with that said. Maybe now AL KIDA can run for pres. or buy a NBA team or maybe a football team. They can call themselve's the ALKI TEAM with blood spots on a white uniform.

HE IS RUSSIAN, NOT AMERICAN. Calm your xenophobia and pick up a newspaper or something.

Is putin comming to the us to coach basketball instead? I wonder if MANSON will run for pres. Maybe jarad loner will be a coach for the al kida team.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by soficrow

If the only thing I know about Warren Buffet is that he is the Xth richest man in the world, I know zilch about him

Conspiracy site here.

Right Cause wasn't a new party. Prokhorov took lead of it only for a few months this year.
It's seen as controlled opposition.
Russia is not politically free, you play the political game only if you are "invited".
We'll see soon enough if he is invited or a fool. I think he is quite intelligent.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Manouche

Conspiracy site here.

Really?

....Drat! I thought this was the main marketing site for the corporate global NWO. I was looking for coupons!

ED to ADD

Right Cause wasn't a new party. Prokhorov took lead of it only for a few months this year.
It's seen as controlled opposition.

Check. Posted that one page back.

In May, 2011, Prokhorov announced a plan to join the leadership of the Russian pro-business political party Right Cause. While not antagonistic to the Kremlin, the party was seen as likely to support President Dmitry Medvedev rather than Prime Minister Vladimir Putin if the latter entered the 2012 presidential race. In June, Prokhorov was elected to the leadership of the party at the Right Cause Party Congress of 2011. At the acceptance ceremony, Prokhorov officially criticized the present ruling tandem of Medvedev-Putin, the structure of Russia, and vowed to bring Russia back to a stable development course.[17] However, in September, Prokhorov reversed course and resigned from Right Cause, "condemning it as a 'puppet Kremlin party' micromanaged by a 'puppet master' in the president’s office ..., Vladislav Y. Surkov". [18]

....Regarding Prokhorov's political efforts and the Right Cause party, critical commentators claim that the entire endeavor is just a project of the Kremlin closely curated by Vladislav Surkov and that Prokorov was effectively appointed a party leader.[15][16] According to them, the "puppet party" was designed to divert opposition voters by using liberal rhetoric.

Russia is not politically free

I don't think America is "politically free" either.

edit on 12/12/11 by soficrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Oooh! A newbie would be a nice change as long as people are "happy". Either way/political party, the leader has to have some, err, class.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Sorry, I thought this thread was meant to start a discussion and that any member would be invited to post in it.

I see it's not that way since you seem to be trolling your own thread.

Solemnly, I withdraw myself from here

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Good luck. NBA/gold miner.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Manouche
Sorry, I thought this thread was meant to start a discussion and that any member would be invited to post in it.

I see it's not that way since you seem to be trolling your own thread.

Solemnly, I withdraw myself from here

I'M OUTA HERE TOO.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   
My reaction is I hope he is buying good body guards with his money.
Then again it will probably look like "an accident"...........................
edit on 12-12-2011 by CosmicCitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by soficrow

All right, I see you have edited your post.

Let's see if we understand each other, I caught the sarcasm in your OP.
But in my opinion, there is no change and nothing spreading, Prokhorov is in Putin's plan.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   
The russian mitt romney except this guy has more money

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 04:43 AM
link   
Isn't Putin worth something like $40 Billion? I've heard he's even up in the $70 billion range from oil deals. A lot of people consider him the richest man on the side of the globe, or the richest man with that kind of "known" wealth.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join