It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yes a Strange Place for an introduction

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
I have been here a little while...and have made some remarks and even a thread or two...but never introduced myself.

My name is Richard, and my story starts in the mid 80's. My friend Bill and myself were at his studio on his in-laws cotton farm, just out side of Shreveport Louisiana. We were playing music, our drummer was not there that day so we were being very experimental and we heard some very strange sounds even over our amplifiers. we stoped playing and put the guitars down and went out side to see these two "guys" in odd suits wearing helmets and playing strange musical instruments. They stopped playing and we all just stood there for a moment looking at each other.Then they spoke, "I am Slaarzik and I am Reebl, (then in unison) and We are from the star system Andronia" We giggled having just partaken in an herbal mixture, that we shall not mension on this site. We invited them in, and they preceded to tell us that they had crash landed in our field and heard the music and wandered over. We jammed for a bit, they were wicked players of those strange instruments.

We agreed to help them with their plight to get back home. From then they became Richard and Bill dressed in strange costumes playing weird electronic instruments that they, (We) had created...and with me being an electronics tech/engineer and Bill being a college art grad it was fairly easy to pull off. And we (they), played several local gigs and festivals, astounding all who heard them. Then landed a local cable tv show called "The Slaarzik and Reebl Science Fiction Theater" that they hosted showing a string of old "B" Sci-Fi flicks, they got a kick out of watching those "Alien Transmissions" as they called them. and invited kids to send in old electronics parts so they could repair their spaceship and return home. Some kids actually did, send in old parts from VCR's and stereos...it was all very funny for a while then one day they got, in the stations mail an unmarked mysterious package that I never saw the contents of. They said good bye two days later and we never saw them again.

We do however have those strange musical instruments. They gave them to us as a parting gift...here is a picture of mine along with my guitars.

youtu.be...

I never quite learned to play it as well as they did though. Sounds too strange to be true I know. And that is why to this day people still refer to Bill and Richard as "Slaarzik and Reebl", characters that we invented in order to play strange music dressed up as stranded Alien Musicians.So when People ask us why we quit we just say it was because of the popularity of the Power Rangers...and always being called the Red and Blue Rangers. Seemed credible as a reason so we stuck to the story. And that's it the real story finally told.

A clip from the TV show...Them playing the show's theme song..."Liff-A-Too-Na-Doo"

youtu.be...

I know it sounds all too strange but the truth is out there.

The Aliens were here...I know ...because I was one.

excuse my poor embedding, haven't quite got the hang of it yet

edit on 12-12-2011 by Andronian because: to continue

edit on 12-12-2011 by Andronian because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-12-2011 by Andronian because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Andronian

Oh No,
He was Abducted.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Thanks for the great laugh!

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
I bet it was the candlejack.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2daa4eba5bdd.jpg[/atsimg]

Everytime that guy is around something always happ

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by angellicview

Thank you ...but it really did happen...well sort of...Yes we invented them...but it was a great time

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   
And yes the instruments really do work and make all the sounds on the vid.

took 2 years to design and build them

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Embedded Videos:

Anyone familiar with the first clip?
Could be a part from Buck Rogers or something similar.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Regenstorm

the Vid in question was produced in Cable Vision of Shreveport...In 1988 music was recorded at a studio in Shreveport as well

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Andronian
reply to post by angellicview

Thank you ...but it really did happen...well sort of...Yes we invented them...but it was a great time

So this thread is a Hoax?
It could mean a ban for you.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
I’d like to say, there are genuine people here looking for answers.
And you’re wasting their time.

love and harmony
Whateva

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Whateva69

If an Introduction, and perhaps a little chuckle in this gloomy world is a waste of time sorry to have offended.

I too come here looking for answers.

And I am still searching.

Peace

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Andronian

wow!

You coulda been famous,
if that Mork wasn't around.
Those instruments, when standing upright could have doubled as a hookah pipe

new topics

top topics