It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can You Pass This Fiscal IQ Quiz?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Praetorius

It's a pretty straight forward quiz. Too bad they didn't have random tests that you could retake. I bet if they did you would do much better knowing now there are no trick questions.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Kr0nZ

That's not a score to be ashamed of. Most people are scoring 50%-55% they're saying.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by subject1145
reply to post by LilDudeissocool

I scored an 80 but I totally disagree with question 23 for me:

"23. Comprehensive tax reform that reduces tax expenditures (e.g. deductions, exemptions, credits, and exclusions), while at the same time reducing top marginal tax rates, can generate additional revenues above historical levels and should be a key component of any comprehensive deficit reduction strategy. "

Exemptions, credits, and exclusions would help but it is a more difficult question then just that. Lots of companies that run the US work offshore, or offshore most of their profits to get around paying taxes. The loopholes need to be closed.

The way this sounds is like it is trying to remove the credits and deductions from everyone, and that is not a good idea either. Some families rely on their tax refunds to actually get something nice for the family because that is the only time they can afford it.

There are lots of things wrong with our economy, and lots of changes in government and our economy need to happen. What else is there really to say?

I absolutely agree with you.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by TupacShakur

That's a good score. You're above the average score results.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by dolphinfan

What a bunch of trash. This is no quiz but a directed poll. Over half of these questions pertain to political philosophy and have nothing what so ever to do with understanding fiscal matters of any kind.

Might want to change the title of the thread, As it stands you will have folks wasting their time thinking that they are actually going to spend a bit of time doing something that might actually generate some insight.

What? Are you claiming it's a "push quiz?"

What was polled besides at the end for collecting demo stats?
edit on 13-12-2011 by LilDudeissocool because: I added content.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   

(About the Fiscal IQ Quiz).

Your I.Q. is the average of your scores on two parts:
FISCAL KNOWLEDGE SCORE - (Your understanding of the facts regarding our nation's financial condition) Score based on 20 questions.
YOUR SCORE: 70

70-75 – You know some of the fiscal facts, but could do better. It's understandable due to the political rhetoric, myths and false assertions about our nation's financial condition. Be sure to learn more about what you got wrong so you can be more knowledgeable, and be sure to share that knowledge and this quiz with others.
FISCAL WISDOM - (Whether your answers about solutions are in line with a consensus of objective budget experts) Score based on 10 questions.
SCORE: 90

80-90: You may be part of the solution, but you have some answers that are not in line with a consensus of budget experts. Be sure to learn about what you got wrong.
You will now see any incorrect answers along with explanations.

Not bad considering I don't pay too much attention to financial politics anymore. As no one has an answer that works for everyone.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   
I got a 70 on knowledge and a 100 on wisdom which brought my average to 85.

So... apparently, I don't have much fiscal knowledge, but I have the wisdom to fix things......Figure that one out.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   

I'd like to see it. If they went to any less-prominent issues & examples (or looking for more specifics like the mandatory spending percentages), I'd probably do worse, honestly. Good to know my thinking on things isn't too far off track, but is kind of sad to know that my pessimistic views on these few were actually pretty accurate when I trusted them.

Take care.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   
This quiz isn't backed by any economic proofs of any kind. It's nothing more that political ideology.

This quiz makes it seem as if there is only one sure way to run a successful economy. Anything different than their view is "part of the problem".

F

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Hell ya!!! I got 100 on the Fiscal Wisdom, and 80 on the Fiscal Knowledge for a combined 90! I thought I was doing poorly too.

FISCAL IQ:

(About the Fiscal IQ Quiz).

FISCAL KNOWLEDGE SCORE - (Your understanding of the facts regarding our nation's financial condition) Score based on 20 questions.
YOUR SCORE: 80

80-85 – Very Good. You are knowledgeable about the fiscal facts, but be sure to learn about what you got wrong so that you can be even more knowledgeable. There is a lot of political rhetoric, myths and false assertions about our nation's financial condition that must be confronted. Be sure to share your knowledge and this quiz with others.
FISCAL WISDOM - (Whether your answers about solutions are in line with a consensus of objective budget experts) Score based on 10 questions.
SCORE: 100

Great! Your views are in line with a consensus of budget experts. You can be part of the solution.
You will now see any incorrect answers along with explanations.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Ahahahahaha!

This stuff is rich! Ridiculous, but funny at the same time!

Give me an hour or so and I can do the same thing, to promote a certain political agenda. Right or left

Question #1: Do you believe in abortion?

Answer:: Yes I do.

Response: Wrong! You are a baby killer!

Same version, from the Left:

Question #1: Do you believe in abortion?

Answer: No I don't.

Response: You hate women.

Get out of here with this #.

edit on 13-12-2011 by Darkrunner because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by snowspirit
FISCAL IQ:
From the final page:

YOUR SCORE: 75

70-75 – You know some of the fiscal facts, but could do better. It's understandable due to the political rhetoric, myths and false assertions about our nation's financial condition. Be sure to learn more about what you got wrong so you can be more knowledgeable, and be sure to share that knowledge and this quiz with others.

SCORE: 100

Great! Your views are in line with a consensus of budget experts. You can be part of the solution.

Hey, look at that!
I did good for a Canadian, just looking in from the outside.

I am very good with a budget. I missed a few facts, but I don't even live there, so........

Pretty good Canook, I am American and scored the same as you. I think the test was biased or subjective though, I mean, how can they assume such answers are correct when we have yet to even approach a starting fiscal solution.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   

I got a 55 on the first half and a 100 on the second of fiscal wisdom. Some of the questions wording was a little confusing and one answer I could have sworn I put true but apparently I put false? I knew it was true I may have checked the wrong box and didn't double check, ah well.
edit on 13-12-2011 by ldyserenity because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Overall score of 87.5
Fiscal Knowledge 75
Fiscal Wisdom 100

I can't say I'm all that happy with that score, but whatever. I don't think there's anything too terribly biased about the test itself.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Scored 90 on the IQ.

100 on the wisdom.

And I'm Canadian

Honestly though, any American that' doesn't pass this, only goes to show the problem with education these days. It isn't their fault, it's the system's fault.

~Keeper

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

payroll or paycheck is only one form of income...

Also in reply to the post by LilDudeissocool...

Everyone seems to think that it's the Government that needs to fix things about the economy, or that the economy is broken because of what the government has done to us, or some other victim-side-assuming standpoint. People fail to note that history is repeating itself once again and no one is learning from it. The gap between the rich and the poor is expanding and when that happens civilizations fall. America is veering towards that direction because of rich getting richer and the poor getting poorer. People want more taxes to the rich but the rich are helping the poor (actually) by making companies that provide jobs, foundations that give things and services away for free, etc etc. People forget that .... historically speaking.... the rich were the ones who were taxed first. They understand money better than middle and low class so they fought against it. What we need to do is not what people are complaining about.

Don't think about it BE about it. Stop complaining and do something. Low and Middle classes typically don't understand money and how money works. They get stuck under it. Fear and Greed keep people ignorant on financial knowledge and intelligence... Instead of seeking more information, people succumb to shooting blame, getting angry and pointing fingers... Then they go an buy a new house or new car and get further into debt.
edit on 10-7-2012 by rschmfem because: premature posting

edit on 10-7-2012 by rschmfem because: wrong moniker

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Yeah I scored 70% knowledge and 90% wisdom.
It is a grossely bias poll.
Not a quiz.
Because your sex, state and income level matters!?
Get real.

Then their solution was that I was part of the problem.

I disagreed with every question about raising revenue because that is NOT a solution.
The problem is we have bloated belt-line politicians that are over fed pigs.
We need to cut spending and quit lining their pockets with OUR money.

That is the solution.
Smaller government.
Period.

It is getting out of hand (and has been for decades)...

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Wow what a smug pos quiz.

It Assumes the status-quo is the only right way to answer, and that not agreeing makes me part of some imagined problem in fiscal thinking, sounds like protected free corporate speech....or private sector propaganda.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join